Victory Motorcycles is dead... - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 01-09-2017, 05:43 PM

Garage
I have never owned a Victory but I think it is sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 Old 01-09-2017, 06:00 PM

I actually quite liked some of the Harley clones.
Perhaps they will port that over to the Indian brand......

2013 Graphite GTL
PDM60
Amber Running Lights
Schroedie roundels
post #13 of 21 Old 01-09-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notinla View Post
I think Indians are built in USA as well. At least according to Wikipedia.
Assembled in Iowa with many foreign parts(some low grade).I owned a '14 Chief Vintage, had many issues and just received another recall notice.Main issue for me was a very noisy engine,three year and 13,000 miles I had enough.Traded it in for my '15 GT in September.I have sworn off Polaris products for life.

'15 GT Orange
'09 Norge
'08 Goldwing

post #14 of 21 Old 01-09-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac2015 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by notinla View Post
I think Indians are built in USA as well. At least according to Wikipedia.
Assembled in Iowa with many foreign parts(some low grade).I owned a '14 Chief Vintage, had many issues and just received another recall notice.Main issue for me was a very noisy engine,three year and 13,000 miles I had enough.Traded it in for my '15 GT in September.I have sworn off Polaris products for life.
The world is indeed flat. Parts origin can get complicated.
post #15 of 21 Old 01-09-2017, 06:39 PM

I have always thought they were butt ugly, ugly enough you had to sneak up on the gas pump to put gas in it. But I have to say that they may just be built well. True story, 2 years ago I rode from SF to Coos Bay Oregon. One night I was standing in the hotel lobby and there was this guy about 70 years old standing next to me, I recognized him because he was the only Victory at the sold out hotel.
Started a conversation and noticed he had blood on his shirt sleeve. When asked he said he and his wife went down an embankment, he got the bike towed out of the ditch back to the local Harley dealer, and that he was here to ask where to go and buy band aids and some OTC pain medicine.
BTW wife was ok, no injuries, he just had road rash. Funny part of the whole thing was I will never forget, when they towed it to Harley, all the techs came out and couldnt believe it was still in one piece. Harley would have had probably 5 figure damage easily. Bike sustained 1 or 2 ripped off saddlebags (mounts still perfect) dents in the tank, broken mirror mount and cracked wind screen.
Next morning came out he duct taped all the cracked plastic, continued the ride back to Sacramento Ca.
Anyway I thought that was funny.
Brick likes this.
post #16 of 21 Old 01-09-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscsix View Post
They are the only company that I think was truly a formidable competitor to Harley in terms of the functionality and style of the bikes, and as a U.S. company.
Indian is taking the lead on that front. There are many HD guys moving to Indian for various reasons. From what I have seen Indian was far outselling Victory and the disparity is growing. It was pretty easy for Polaris to identify where their futures lies.
Rick92040 likes this.

2013 BMW K1600GT
2016 BMW S1000XR White
2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100
post #17 of 21 Old 01-09-2017, 08:17 PM

Garage
I have never owned a Victory, know a few people who do and they like them. Just sorry to see a brand go away.
post #18 of 21 Old 01-10-2017, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac2015 View Post
I have sworn off Polaris products for life.
+1 on that. I've had several Polaris RMK snowmobiles, 2 of which were 800s built 4 years apart. The first one broke two crankshafts; the newer one broke one crankshaft. That has a way of ruining your day, especially when in the middle of nowhere in 10' of powder. Of course, it ruined the balance of the seasons as well.

I have been told that this was a problem inherent in the engine design and known to Polaris. How couldn't it have been? Nevertheless, Polaris continued with the production for years. WTF? Unacceptable, IMHO. No more Polaris anything for me.

Got out of sledding last year and turned to SXSing. Didn't even consider the Polaris; am very happy with my Honda. Not racey but very capable.
Chuck
post #19 of 21 Old 01-10-2017, 04:55 AM

Oh wow!

I had a Victory Cross Country Tour and my K1600, even with a number of comfort farkles, still isn't as comfortable as the stock CCT. I went the K route because quite frankly, and as mentally off as this may seem, I was toooooo comfy on the Vic CCT. I became toooooo relaxed and now, without question, I know and am fully aware that I am on a four door Porsche as I call it.

My own safety and awareness mentality swayed me to move along, but if I were stuck on comfortable, relaxed riding...to the point of almost falling asleep on my long rides....I would have never sold my Vic CCT.

Anyhow, I'm loving the K...and am close to the same comfort level with the mods I have completed. Regardless, unfortunate for sure!
post #20 of 21 Old 01-10-2017, 05:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyteller View Post
Oh wow!

I went the K route because quite frankly, and as mentally off as this may seem, I was toooooo comfy on the Vic CCT. I became toooooo relaxed and now, without question, I know and am fully aware that I am on a four door Porsche as I call it.

I felt about the same with my Gold Wings. No wind, no sound, no bumps, just perfect ride for sleeping.

Thanks for all you do,
Darryl
RETIRED!

14 BMW K1600GTL DGM
07 HD FLHTCU Champion Trike

Thinning out the herd. Health forces sale.
81 CB750 Bent forks (son) $500
81 CB900 10speed 100HP Original $2.5K
81 CBX Orig 3Kmi 105HP $7K

81 CBX Trike Frankenstein Dream Trike $12K
67 Camaro 454 4sp Gray Primer $8K
07 335i Black Sedan $9K
Coffin trailers: 1 regular size, 1 shorty. $1K ea
Two full size coffins, free for pickup. Steel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page