Verholen Peg Lowering Kit - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
» Forum Search

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #1

Default Verholen Peg Lowering Kit

MV Lowered / Adjustable Rider Footrest for Many Motorcycles - MV Motorrad Technik GmbH - hochwertiges Sonderzubehoer fuer Motorraeder

Creative Cycle Concepts - The Best in After Market Parts.

Last edited by 189; 07-06-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
GM
Administrator

Suburban Machinery also has a set of peg lowering kits for the K16 listed on their site.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #3

Thumbs up Installed Suburban relocator blocks.

I'm a pretty normal guy - 5'10'' and some what over weight. I've installed foot peg lowering kits on several different BMW's over the years. I tried to do a BBG last weekend and came up 1 hour 15 minutes short due to flooding and road closures around Omaha, Des Moines, St Joe and Kansas City. I was reasonably comfortable on my low seat K1600GTL.

I had read this string before I took off and ordered the Suburban Machinery kit for several reasons. They're a small American company, I've used their products in the past the the price - $189.42 delivered - was far less expensive than Verholen equivalent.

I put them on and road for maybe ten minutes. I am beginning to think that I wish I'd had them last weekend. They do help me get a little more comfortable. I also find, to my surprise, they lower my left foot enough that shifting has become much better in that my foot fits under the pedal better and my shifts are crisper. Small improvements perhaps but with a great bike to begin with - small improvements are good. If you're 6'6" I don't know you'll notice a great improvement but - who knows?

I'm not a very mechanical guy - installation took 10 minutes for the left side and 5 on the right after I was over the learning curve. The kit is a good value, Suburban are great folks and I'd recommend the product if you're in the market to lower your drivers foot rests.

NOW--if I can get someone to come out with Hi-way pegs - Mick-O-Peg, J-Pegs or someone - I'll be set for my BBG retry to the south in September.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #4

I used the Suburban lowering kit on my K1200LT and they really made a positive difference. I've also ordered a set for my K1600GTL and hope that they do the same. Since the shifter is adjustable, they should actually work better on the K1600GTL.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to DMcK

I received the Verholen Peg Lowering Kit yesterday. Sent from USA to OZ by Creative Cycle Concepts. The components are very well made and the installation took about 10 minutes. There were no instructions in English, but it was easy enough to work out fitting methodology. I had to trim 3mm from the plastic bushing, that is part of the spring mechanism, to get cir-clip to seat correctly. Leg position is now a lot more comfortable as I am 189cm (6'2") and have fairy advanced Osteoarthritis in one leg. I tend to ride with foot parallel to the ground rather than toe towards the ground and as such there was no necessity to adjust the gear shift actuator. I do not yet know what effect the low peg height will have on scraping but will post once I have had a 200-300 km run.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #6

Default I have them too

My dealer Engle Motors told me about them and I had them get me a set. I told them to put them on straight down and all the way down. The really helped with the stock seat. I sent my seat to Russell today and should have it back in a couple of weeks. I am sure I will need to adjust them some as I will be riding in a differnt position. I will report back to let you know how that changed the position and settings.

IBA #451
Missouri State Sponsor Tour of Honor
www.tourofhonor.com
Old 11-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to roadrider.dave

I have order a set for my GTL as I know from riding the demo bike for an hour, that all day ride these would provide a better position for me personally. It's great to see after market support for this bike in such a short time frame.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #8

I ordered a set myself the other day and have been tracking the shipment. I like the fact that they are adjustable rather than fixed. Coming from a H/D with comfy floorboards and the ability to ride with the leg extended, the GTL was a bit hard to get used to for me. After two total knee replacements, I had to do something to ease the flexing position. Anything will be an improvement but they sure are proud of them. Like anything else that says BMW.....'bring money with!!'
Old 11-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #9

Default foot peg lowering kit

Ok fellas, I need help;
I installed the Verholen adjustable lowering kit today. The position is lower and more comfortable but at the same time, it moved the pegs outward about 1.5" also. As a result, I find myself having to 'toe in' to brake and shift.
My question is, does anyone know of some decent shift and brake extenders that will extend outward about an inch or so that will fit the GTL? I dont have enough experience to know what 'older' items that fit earlier bikes will cross reference to this one for the same purpose.
I really dont care if its a BMW or after-market product. Just so it works.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Gyro
Old 11-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #10

bump....
really could use some help fellas...........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement