Audio Jack Installation Instructions With Pictures - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
» Forum Search

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster View Post
Did you have to add a noise filter to this setup as katnapin did? If so, some more info would be appreciated.

I've gotten so frustrated with trying to get music to stream from the bike via Bluetooth that I'm going this route too. I just went to the RocketMoto site and this item is backordered. Probably from all the K1600 owners buying them up.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #12

There are other options.

Amazon.com: Poly-Planar MP3/iPod/Satellite Radio Adapter: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Poly-Planar MP3/iPod/Satellite Radio Adapter: Car Electronics

Adding isolation will reduce the volume.
K1600GT #154
IBA# 37,282
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTJ View Post
Did you have to add a noise filter to this setup as katnapin did? If so, some more info would be appreciated.

I've gotten so frustrated with trying to get music to stream from the bike via Bluetooth that I'm going this route too. I just went to the RocketMoto site and this item is backordered. Probably from all the K1600 owners buying them up.
I DID NOT use the radio adaptor that SFoster shows. I used THIS instead. Just wire in the 3.5 mm female jack to the speaker wires. Then plug the adaptor I showed in the link into that 3.5 mm jack. Next plug 2 short male / female 3.5mm adaptor into the noise isolator. Run one connection to the front of the seat & the other one to the rear for your passenger.
ASAP Motorcycle Service
Old 03-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster View Post
Perfect! Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the link.

Question ; Looking at the higher cost model that disables the front speakers, I am not sure I would understand how that wires up? It would have to be placed ahead of the speaker wires before they go into the Alpine unit, correct?

Duane
Old 03-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
It would have to be placed ahead of the speaker wires before they go into the Alpine unit, correct?
http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/39739-post15.html

K1600GT #154
IBA# 37,282
Old 03-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #16

katnapinn, Thanks for the info. I can't see your pictures so that's interesting. However, I am asking about the need for a noise suppressor with the unit SFoster posted (#2273) and just used you as a reference as you DID need it.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTJ View Post
katnapinn, Thanks for the info. I can't see your pictures so that's interesting. However, I am asking about the need for a noise suppressor with the unit SFoster posted (#2273) and just used you as a reference as you DID need it.
I'm not sure the unit SFoster posted about will suppress any noises but it might. It was originally made to hook the Autocom into audio (speaker wires) on any bike with a factory radio. That way you could hear the radio with the Autocom & headsets. I remember having to use separate noise isolators for the radar & IPod connections to the Autocom to remove whine on my K1200LT. When I first hardwired mine on the GTL the volume was way to loud even with the audio turned almost all the way down. Plus I could hear an alternator whine. The Isolator that I used removed ALL whines plus it reduced the volume buy about 30%. You might EMail RocketMoto and ask if Part # 2273 will also take care of the whine & reduce the volume. If so then it will work fine just by its self. I pick up my Noise Suppressor at 1/2 price on a close out deal from my Dealer. Only paid about $30.00 for it.
ASAP Motorcycle Service

Last edited by katnapinn; 03-27-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #18

Default Audio Tank Bag

My objective was to create an audio system that would provide the following:
1. Crystal clear reception from the BMW Alpine System that could be shared with my passenger (AM/FM/SAT/NAV/USB).

2. Provide an iPod connection outside of the heated compartment.

3. Bluetooth intercom connection with my passenger.

4. Bluetooth connection to my cell phone.

5. Isolated priority override for my radar/laser detector.
I started out with a direct speaker wire connection using a Autocom #2273 3.5mm Isolation Lead. This gave me a wired connection to the Alpine system. I connected at the speakers rather that the Alpine unit for a clean installation.

For headsets I used the Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headsets for both myself and passenger.

I can do a Bluetooth connection to both my passenger and cell phone.

In order to move the iPod out of the heated compartment and provide integration with the audio alerts from the radar/laser detector, I used the Mix-It2 audio mixer by Mixit Products. The inputs for Mix-It2 are the Autocom 2273 cable (BMW Alpine speaker output), iPod, and a priority override from my radar/laser detector. On the output side I used a Radio Shack headset splitter to provide wired output to the two Sena headsets.

No room under the seat so I placed the Mix-It2 in the RKA tank bag.

Cost of the system including RKA Tank Bag, Autocom Isolation Speaker Lead, Two Sena Bluetooth headsets, Mix-It2, and cables was $728.00.

I now have a real Audio system that works and sounds great!

Mix-It2 Unit

Helmet Connections

Old 04-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #19

I've been running under-the-helmet earbuds for years and decided to simply hardwire a headphone jack into my K16. Its very easy using the Autocomm # 2175 switchable unit that allows you to turn off the bike speakers and switch to headphone jack only.

in the wires coming OUT of the plug on the Alpine unit under the seat, your two yellow wires and two blue wires are the speakers. The wiring for the K16 is the same as for the R12 bikes, so simply follow the directions in the Autocomm unit. You will have to remove some of the black wiring tape to work the four wires, then have to tap into one yellow and one blue, then cut and separate the other yellow and blue to wire into the switch.

Once you do that, you can have three switch controlled choices:

Headphone jack only
Bike Speakers only
Mute both (center position)

Easy 30 minute install, and the wire on the switch is long enough to mount on the right side trim panel. With careful drilling, you can do it without removing the panel. A 3.5mm female-to-female connector from Radio Shack and you're all set.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #20

If you are using the Autocom 2273 cable to direct wire at the speakers, the Autocom white wire connects to the speaker red wire (-), and the Autocom red wire connects to the speaker blue wire (+).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement