Hannigan Trike for K1600 GTL - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
» Forum Search

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #11

Looks like a pregnant wasp . I should shut up as Hannigan already has it in for me, but why? why god why? Jeez thanks for posting the pics of the finished project (it had no rear body yet at americade). Now my eyes are burning all over again, and my dreams will be filled with pregnant wasps destroying everything beautiful in the world. I'd better call a psychiatrist I'm gonna need help

"Not all who wander are lost". JRR Tolken

2012 K1600GTL the grey owl
2008 GSA Number seven
1973 R75/5. The hoot
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #12

The only word that comes to mind...abomination.

If I get that bad off I will trade my bike in for a convertible.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

2012 BMW K1600GTL #1111 For Sale $21,000 OBO loaded, GT exhaust, GT Bars, GT windscreen. Brand new Michelin PR3 tires.

IBA Member #54293
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by steide View Post
. I wonder why they built a full rear end only to leave the top case looking like a last minute add on... aside from retaining the ability to take it off.

Steve
That was my first thought also.
As far as trikes go it looks good till you get to the top case then it is Butt ugly.
Sure wish the would have addressed that part of the bike.
ASAP Motorcycle Service
Old 07-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #14

Y'all need to learn to chill out a bit.

A trike is not my idea of the perfect motorcycle, but there are many riders out there who ride trikes and enjoy them.

Sometimes it's due to physical issues, and sometimes it's simply a preference.

And either way, it's still one less cage on the road aiming for you . . .

So if a trike doesn't suit your needs, then don't ride one. But that should have no effect on those who do ride and enjoy them. It simply doesn't matter.

Ride and let ride . . .
Old 07-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meese View Post
Y'all need to learn to chill out a bit.

A trike is not my idea of the perfect motorcycle, but there are many riders out there who ride trikes and enjoy them.

Sometimes it's due to physical issues, and sometimes it's simply a preference.

And either way, it's still one less cage on the road aiming for you . . .

So if a trike doesn't suit your needs, then don't ride one. But that should have no effect on those who do ride and enjoy them. It simply doesn't matter.

Ride and let ride . . .
never said I had a problem with trikes, my wife rides one, just poking fun at this one. your right though I probably shouldn't.... ok i cant help myself. goldwing trikes, hd trikes yes by all means, but K16 trike is a sin

"Not all who wander are lost". JRR Tolken

2012 K1600GTL the grey owl
2008 GSA Number seven
1973 R75/5. The hoot
Old 07-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by steide View Post
speechless... people say I'm too young to own a fully dressed sport/tourer... I'm WAY too young to like the idea of a trike. I wonder why they built a full rear end only to leave the top case looking like a last minute add on... aside from retaining the ability to take it off.

To each their own.

Steve
+1. And i am not young. That thing is fugly

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App
1973 R75/5 restored
Old 07-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #17

Default It's OK...

...looking - for a trike, I mean. No way in h*** for me, but possibly for old to very old riders who have problems balancing, picking up a bike after a fall, or keeping it up, so to speak.

I agree, though, all the best power and handling attributes of the 1600 are completely negated in a 3-wheel setup.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #18

Oh heyl no. I'm sure it's pretty to whoever buys it. That is ugly. Me, I'll get a Spyder (or just steal the wife's) when I can't hold up 2 wheels- unless we have jetpacks or hovercraft by then.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #19

The handling on a trike will change, to be sure.

But the amazing torque of that Slant/6 motor will still be a huge advantage, especially with the added weight of three wheels.

And all the electronic gadgets will still work just fine. Well, as fine as they work on a two-wheeled Beemer anyway.

Look, if a trike, or even a K16 trike isn't for you, that's cool. Honestly, it's not my style or my need, either.

But there are a lot of other riders out there for whom this makes perfect sense. So if they have the cash and the desire, then they can ride whatever they damm well want to. Regardless of how anyone else may feel about it.

And every single negative y'all have spewed here, I've heard in relation to the K16 itself. It's an "old man's" bike, it's too big and heavy, it's ugly, it can't handle like a "proper" sporty bike should, if I get so old or damaged that I have to ride one of those beasts I'll just take the car . . .

It's all just a matter of perspective, guys.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #20

chill out Ken.

it's an e-forum where people voice their opinions, pro and con. I think you've said similar yourself before, in fact I'm quite sure of it. Noone is damning anyone for their decision, as far as I read, just stating their opinion of the damend ugly thing. Good to see you around in cyberspace when you're not ridin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meese View Post
The handling on a trike will change, to be sure.

But the amazing torque of that Slant/6 motor will still be a huge advantage, especially with the added weight of three wheels.

And all the electronic gadgets will still work just fine. Well, as fine as they work on a two-wheeled Beemer anyway.

Look, if a trike, or even a K16 trike isn't for you, that's cool. Honestly, it's not my style or my need, either.

But there are a lot of other riders out there for whom this makes perfect sense. So if they have the cash and the desire, then they can ride whatever they damm well want to. Regardless of how anyone else may feel about it.

And every single negative y'all have spewed here, I've heard in relation to the K16 itself. It's an "old man's" bike, it's too big and heavy, it's ugly, it can't handle like a "proper" sporty bike should, if I get so old or damaged that I have to ride one of those beasts I'll just take the car . . .

It's all just a matter of perspective, guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement