BMW K1600 Forum banner

Speedometer app

6K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  2bikersandabordercollie 
#1 ·
I like to have a digital readout for my speed but I also want to have the stereo info displayed. I have downloaded the Ulysse speedo app, it is great and I always use it. I usually always have my phone plugged into power so that is not an issue. I use a Ram mount to hold the phone. Here are some pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Gonna give it a try.

#4 ·
I have the Farkle bar power box mounted with a Ram mount and Gadget Guy bar. The power box and several USB ports and a couple of coax plugins. The power comes from the battery routed under the plastic, I use it to keep the phone charged and power my Gerbing heated gear.

I haven't had any problems at all.

#5 ·
I have a External USB port sold by wunderlich on my handbar (wired via a PDM60). I use the Ram mount you pictured above from my Valentine One, and a 'multi-fingered' RAM-brand mount for my Iphone, as I can move the left 'finger' of it down so it does not block / hit my volume/mute buttons, and I can still keep the charging port open on the Lifeproof case.

#9 ·
The problem with anything other than the bikes actual speedo for judging speed is that they are all based on GPS readings. GPS readings are not within a 1" margin of error (for anything other than professional surveying equipment, which doesn't move when taking a reading). That means they have to take a bunch of readings then take a average of those readings, hence the lag time between actual speed over calculated speed.

If you want a big instantaneous speed readout, the only option is to turn the radio off entirely and have the background screen set for Speedo readout.

#11 ·
Like all gps units, it reacts very quickly it's right on with the nav 5. It's pretty much instantaneous it take those
reading so fast we can't even detect it

#12 ·
I have used it for 3 seasons now. Great speedo, BUT,... I prefer to have WAZE up on the phones display now rather than speedo. If I'm in the mountains I'll switch to it, I like to see the elevation....

#13 ·
Tricky, you took a picture of your phone with another camera! Sad to say the only camera I have on me regularly now is my iPhone. We really have to get back to carrying the 'good' camera. The pictures we've taken the past couple of years on our bike adventures have been truly lacking in quality.

#16 ·
Tried the Speedo app on my phone today just to see how it would go. Sure enough it ran the battery down in no time. Much faster than it has ever run down. Removing it as we speak! Definitely not for me, regardless of the other benefits.

Dave R.

#18 ·
I figured that, fortunately I always have power for my phone and keep it plugged in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.