"OEM" iPad adapter cable - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 Old 01-10-2017, 11:53 AM

I have one of the knock-off cables, it failed after 3 years and I haven't replaced it. With the Sena 20S I either listen to music from iPhone/Pandora or Sena FM. I don't use the bike's bluetooth for anything and in a future purchase would save the money and not opt for the feature on the bike.

Duane

Duane: '12 K1600GT/WL EngineBars/CalSci/Wilbers/ VarioLevers/ CDbaneAmber/SW Motech Hawk LED/PDM60/Remus Headers/Booster Plug/Volo Module
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 01-10-2017, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tim View Post
XM radio is a great cure. Jmho
XM reception sucks here in the Sierras. Always losing connection on the twisties, because the tall trees, mountainsides, etc., getting in the way! Canceled the XM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afeest View Post
You can also put the music on a 64G USB stick (very small) and plug it right into the USB socket in the right fairing pocket... I quit using my IPOD adapter cable right away and switched to that. No worries about space or heat or anything.. .been solid since i did it. I've not understood why people prefer the IPOD... quality off USB seemed a bit better too (volume, etc).

i have a BMW IPOD adapter cable if anyone is interested in buying it!!!

I did that for a while too, but the music volume was very low (this is all through the vaunted BMW Communicator System). I used an application to "boost" the volume on the mp3 files, but that degraded sound quality. I also didn't like the long delay when playing in "shuffle" mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeinoregon View Post
Or you could store your music on a card in the nav itself, and skip the adapter all together.
Oh... So NOW you come up with this suggestion!! Is the sound quality good on MP3 through Nav V?

Hopefully, the new cable solves the issue. I really didn't have much of a problem for a while, so I am hopeful that the official cable from the Mothership will cure it.

-Brian
RIP CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga.
MOA: Billings, 2015
'13 GTL-P Dark Graphite Metallic (3/27/13 Build Date)
IBA #31242 MOA #136148

Last edited by Hallzee; 01-10-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page