K1600 GT Seat Height - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 12-29-2016, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

K1600 GT Seat Height

The only complaint I have is the seat height on the GT, Even on the lowest adjustment I still cannot get both feet flat on the ground. BMW said I can replace the seat with one from a GTL which are just right when it come to height but how will that effect the bars and the pegs given that the Bar come further back on the GTL I don't no if the pegs are lower on the GTL as well. BMW also said I could get some stuffing removed well their goes the comfort part . So I go around in their never ending circle , Really I should have brought the GTL and not the GT but its abit late now, So guy has anyone been in the same boat as me and what so I do about this problem , I really don't want the hassle of move pegs etc but a bit lower would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-30-2016, 01:56 AM

Curious...what is your inseam length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 16 Old 12-30-2016, 02:22 AM

I can lower the rear of the bike 1/2 inch ,one inch or 1.5 inches . My inseam is about 29 inches and I lowered the rear of my 2012 GT 1/2 inch in order to get both feet on the ground with a little bend in the knee . I change the rear links to do this ,some people change the rear shocks to do this but at a higher cost .I have also made links to raise the rear .7 of and inch for the tall riders .

post #4 of 16 Old 12-30-2016, 05:33 AM

Garage
I have the 2015 gt with the low seat ,i can just flat foot ,I have the Daytona m star gore tex boots which lifts the heel and sole height , excellent boots although they can be pricey ,I contacted Daytona direct and got a good deal with them .plenty on e bay ,I think I paid around 230 delivered from Germany ,I can flat foot no problem with them on , an expensive but great gore tex boot ,.
firestorm2001 likes this.
post #5 of 16 Old 12-30-2016, 05:37 AM

Garage
have a look at them they may be of use ,
post #6 of 16 Old 12-30-2016, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys I have 2015 GT but I will look at you suggested options the boots might be the go . You would think BMW would have given a bit more thought to seat heights
post #7 of 16 Old 12-30-2016, 04:52 PM

Garage
GT / GTL ergo's

You can compare the GT and GTL with your body size to see the differences in knee angle and forward lean. I install the high GTL on my GT when I have a pillion and it allows flat footing instead of toes only with the GT seat.

Motorcycle Ergonomics
post #8 of 16 Old 12-30-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm2001 View Post
You would think BMW would have given a bit more thought to seat heights
I completely agree... at 6'01" with a 33" inseam, how dare the company not make the one piece seat of the GTL roomy enough so I am comfortable....

Brick and Agrsiv like this.
post #9 of 16 Old 12-31-2016, 02:23 AM

Pretty sure if you look it up, that the GTL has the lowest seat of any of the K bikes right back to the Brick motors. The GT's is only a fraction higher.

We have a local here who purchased a GTL, then added the low seat, and is now adding lowered Wilburs suspension so he can reach the ground, instead of continuing to dump it on its side. I've got to wonder if you need to go to that much trouble, then are you buying the right bike?

"Enterprise" 2011 K1600 GT

The ultimate outback tourer.
post #10 of 16 Old 12-31-2016, 05:41 AM

If money is trouble then Wilbur's short shocks must be the most money plus time to install but they are better shocks than stock .The cost of a lower seat may be a lot but can come with a longer time on the road,comfort is worth some money for sure . Tall boots can cost a small amount but still a hundred or more and you will need to use them every time you ride ,hot or cold . Park the bike when you need new soles or heel on the boots . My lowering links are $ 47 shipped and install in about 1/2 hour . Use any shoe or boot that suits your need that day . Put the stock links back on when you sell the bike and use them on the new K 1600 .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page