No more k1600gtle model - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 01-06-2017, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

No more k1600gtle model

Just came from the Canadian Motorcycle show in Calgary Alberta, where I was speaking with the VP of Sales & Marketing for BMW Canada and I asked him why no 2017 GTL or GTLE at the show.................well there apparently will be no 2017 K1600GTL in Canada, it will be a 2018 model year do to its late arrival. Even more interesting there will be no more GTLE!, at least in Canada. As all the units they will be bringing in will be fully optioned out. Even there official brochures show the GTL as a 2018 model and no GTLE shown in the brochure.
What he could not tell me in regards to them being all optioned out was what seat they would come with, ie the larger seat design as on the GTLE?

Randy
2016 K1600GTLE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-07-2017, 05:06 AM

Thought I read something about a GTL Excutive on a deep metallic bLack colour as the top version for 2017.

As much as I like the GTLE in mineral white, I've never understood the premium for arm rests for pillion over a standard GTL.

"Enterprise" 2011 K1600 GT

The ultimate outback tourer.
post #3 of 17 Old 01-07-2017, 08:54 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
Thought I read something about a GTL Excutive on a deep metallic bLack colour as the top version for 2017.

As much as I like the GTLE in mineral white, I've never understood the premium for arm rests for pillion over a standard GTL.
With BMW now putting most if not all the goodies on the GTL's with the premium package I really have a hard time understanding why they do an exclusive.

I liked the white too.. just not 6000 dollars liked it.
Brick likes this.

Freedom is the miles I'm rollin' on!

I'm ridin' a 2014 K1600 GTL and I am loving every minute of it!

post #4 of 17 Old 01-07-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbinco View Post
With BMW now putting most if not all the goodies on the GTL's with the premium package I really have a hard time understanding why they do an exclusive.

I liked the white too.. just not 6000 dollars liked it.
The original in white was something different but the blackish color does nothing for me. The only thing that you could not get on a standard GTL was the longer saddle.

Loveland, Colorado
2014 K1600GTL-E
2015 Lexus NX FSport
2015 R1200RTP
post #5 of 17 Old 01-07-2017, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

According to the BMW Canada Rep. with no more GTLE model, no more single color, it will be available in 3 colors with all the options the GTLE had included on the GTL model, as well as reverse, shift assist Pro and active suspension.

Randy
2016 K1600GTLE
post #6 of 17 Old 01-07-2017, 11:31 AM

Garage
I guess that makes the current Exclusives even more exclusive.
ResQU and wlueders like this.

You don't give up riding when you get old ...
You get old when you give up riding.

Frank (NLD)
Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)
BMW K1600 GT Red (2011; #7 registered GT in NLD); top case w/brake light, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA-2
Member Dutch Veterans Bikers Association
post #7 of 17 Old 01-07-2017, 04:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FP-NLD View Post
I guess that makes the current Exclusives even more exclusive.
That's what I was thinking

I honestly try to not ride faster than my guardian angel can fly , however....I know it's pooped by end of the ride
post #8 of 17 Old 01-07-2017, 04:32 PM

Garage
No more k1600gtle model

It appears that the 2017 GTLE will be the older model K1600 with the Sparkling Storm Metallic Paint ( BMW Motorrad UK ). In the newer design there does not appear to be a GTLE model. However, the components of the GTLE are available to upgrade the GTL to the GTLE (BMW Motorrad Deutschland ). Cost may be an issue for this modification so, I would not be surprised to see a 2018 GTLE in the newer design once all the older model GTLE’s are dispersed. Best,

Doc
post #9 of 17 Old 01-07-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyculb View Post
It appears that the 2017 GTLE will be the older model K1600 with the Sparkling Storm Metallic Paint ( BMW Motorrad UK ). In the newer design there does not appear to be a GTLE model. However, the components of the GTLE are available to upgrade the GTL to the GTLE (BMW Motorrad Deutschland ). Cost may be an issue for this modification so, I would not be surprised to see a 2018 GTLE in the newer design once all the older model GTLE’s are dispersed. Best,

Doc
Ive been waiting since 2014 for the market to realise that the GTLE is just a paint colour and arm rests for the GTL here in Australia. (All our bikes are fully loaded only) I noticed before Christmas a southern Dealer off loading an undiserable storm black 2016 GTLE in the end of year model run out sale, for the same price as a GTL.

I've just been talking to a different southern dealer about trading my current 2011. I've asked him to keep an eye out for a low mileage GTLE once the 2017 model comes out in March/April. His predicting exactly what I've been thinking. The GTLE will be worth the same secondhand as the GTL's. That $6000 premium nameplate is going to disappear with the new model.

"Enterprise" 2011 K1600 GT

The ultimate outback tourer.
post #10 of 17 Old 01-07-2017, 06:53 PM

Garage
I thought the difference between the Base GTL and the GTL exclusive was $6000. The GTL exclusive included the already stated paint and armrests, but also, GPS, chrome winglets and screen mounts, larger seat, OEM engine bars, top case with integrated foil antenna, full set of insert luggage, keyless ride with two radio keys and hill assist.
Aria, MWNahas and JNW003 like this.

I honestly try to not ride faster than my guardian angel can fly , however....I know it's pooped by end of the ride

Last edited by ResQU; 01-07-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page