Anyone but me look through windscreen? - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 01-09-2017, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Anyone but me look through windscreen?

I have received some great recommendations regarding replacement screens. I had settled on the Aeroflow Hybrid. After talking to Aeroflow they suggested that if I like looking through the screen I should consider another model. The Hybrid is mainly designed to be looked over.

Does anyone look through(or do most look over), and if so, can anyone recommend a good replacement screen to look through. I am trying to reduce turbulence and buffeting for passenger.

Thanks

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 01-09-2017, 04:40 PM

Garage
Usually look over, occasionally through.
I like to set my windshield up so that if the cars ahead of me are below my line of sight/top of the windshield, they are to close.

Mark
SCPO USN (ret)
post #3 of 19 Old 01-09-2017, 04:56 PM

NEVER look through a windscreen.

Duane

Duane: '12 K1600GT/WL EngineBars/CalSci/Wilbers/ VarioLevers/ CDbaneAmber/SW Motech Hawk LED/PDM60/Remus Headers/Booster Plug/Volo Module

post #4 of 19 Old 01-09-2017, 05:02 PM

I only look through the screen when it's elevated in bad weather, or I need a bit of silence. I find the OEM screen clear and mostly distortion free. Still the original screen after four years and 23,000m.
post #5 of 19 Old 01-09-2017, 05:04 PM

Garage
BMW K1600GT K1600GTL ZTECHNIK VSTREAM CLEAR TALL TOURING WIND SCREEN SHIELD | eBay

I find the z technik great next to no wind or turbulence like riding a completely different bike than the stock gt screen ,I got mine cheaper than that from the z techik site,
Brick likes this.
post #6 of 19 Old 01-09-2017, 05:18 PM

I look through the screen unless its raining. Then I look over it. Cee Baileys . The optics are very good. No distortion.

2013 K1600 GTL
2009 GL 1800- 70k miles
PM me about my pullback risers.

SEE RISER PICS
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/6148122775.html

See RAM MOUNT Pics
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/6148127149.html

See Backrest Pics
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/6148127635.html
post #7 of 19 Old 01-09-2017, 06:37 PM

The vstream has glare from the silver handlebars on the top two inches that drove me nuts. If your in the San Diego area I have several brands you can try. I ended up with the 22in cee baily on my GT and look over it.
The only bad buffeting I get is when I get stuck behind a pickup. I don't know why pickups are so bad.

Rick
2012 K1600GT (smashed)
2015 K1600GT
post #8 of 19 Old 01-09-2017, 07:24 PM

I look through my screen when riding with my wife. I have an aeroflow GTL large screen despite being 5'8". I run it almost all the way up with my wife on board and mostly down when solo. With this screen and the wings and mini wings, she has a pretty clean pocket. We do adjust when visibility requires it, like when the sun if setting or glare at certain times, and heavy rain, but it works well most of the time.

Dale

"The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable."
Charles Bukowski
post #9 of 19 Old 01-09-2017, 07:27 PM

Garage
I look through unless I'm in the curvey stuff, then I'm looking over...

I honestly try to not ride faster than my guardian angel can fly , however....I know it's pooped by end of the ride
post #10 of 19 Old 01-09-2017, 07:45 PM

Garage
Anyone but me look through windscreen?

I usually just look over the top of the windshield unless there is rain or traveling fast on the highway. Use the AeroFlow Large GT Screen for the GTL ( AeroFlow Corp. K1600GT AeroScreen on GTL ). It creates a pocket that blocks bugs & wind at higher speeds. Best,

Doc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page