BMW K1600 Forum banner

2017 Colorado Ride & BBQ

43K views 360 replies 36 participants last post by  Chris H 
#1 · (Edited)
Yea that's right.. we're going to do it again!

The official 2nd annual Colorado Ride BBQ is planned for Saturday August 26th. Day rides to follow on Sunday and Monday, same format as last year. This date should allow most attendees to make it home safe and sound before the looneys come out for the Labor Day weekend!

This may come as a shock to those that were here last year but there's still no new hotels in the booming metropolis of Whitewater Colorado! LOL (I'd be ok with a gas station really!) If there's a general consensus on where everyone wants to stay I can go put the finger on hotel management for a group discount. Something to consider and discuss in the coming days and weeks ahead.

Mark your calendars!

The list so far.. (I need to do this for my own sake! LOL)

Arizona Jim
C 4
gooddog
rsmith
KCMO Steve
cboothe
TRnCO
1LIFE2LIVE
vicrider
Charlie Fogg
Gaylent

Warrior and nwmkt are either on the fence or in the neighborhood!

If your name isn't listed above, let me know and Ill get it up there!

Best Western Grande River Inn and Suites in Clifton

I have 10 rooms set aside at $104.00 a night plus taxes and other fees. I thought that was pretty fair considering the time of year, August is still tourist season here.

To reserve your room Call 970-434-3400 between 7am and 3PM weekdays and speak with Elissa or Sandy. Tell them you need to book a room for Darbs Colorado Ride and BBQ and give them the dates. The rooms are set aside for Friday night 8/25 thru Monday night 8/28.

These prices are good until 7/25 when the group rate reverts back to regular nightly rates so the key is to book before then. If we happen to take all 10 rooms they will set aside more. I doubt that will happen but its nice to know were covered.

See less See more
#3 ·
Wish this was the weekend before or after the Crossroads Rally.
Maybe I'll be over the Rally by then!
Can you bring some samples to the Rally? :grin:

#6 ·
What's your definition of cheap? middle of the road, by the hour or bed bug cheap? :grin:

We've got a KOA relitivly close too. Last year people stayed all over. Some at the Best Western in Clifton, some I believe at the motel 6 on Horizon drive and others at the Raddision Suites.

#14 ·
I thnk i've posted this here before - but y'all be careful when heading through Montrose, CO. I had a guy on a Harley sportster getting goofy with me at a stoplight - i ignored him. 5 min later i was pulled over and issued a 5 point citation by the state patrol with a mandatory appearance. He said someone reported me drag racing and i "should have kept going with the other guy". (he admitted he didn't witness anything... it was a "phone call". ) I contacted a local lawyer who told me that he has been practicing there almost 30 years.. and in the last 18 months he's had more out of state cyclists contact him than in the last 30 years. Something is going on there. Fortunately i had front and rear facing DVR's on my bike - and i gave all the video to the lawyer. He showed it to the DA and she immediately dismissed my case.

My wife is pretty convinced they are running some sort of a scam on motorcyclists in that town. (i was two up with a trailer - and i'm a 5 ft. 6 300lb guy... and i was drag racing???!!!) Be careful... and it sure doesn't hurt to have video running... i'm adding cameras to all my vehicles now...

#15 ·
I'm in again! :grin:

yeah, the night time BS sessions and adult beverages were very nice at the Best Western.....

#18 ·
I am very glad Ms. Alice is permitting us to return.....:clap:

(especially after the way those Arizona guys behave):wink:

#20 ·
If I am in the area I will try and make it, doing 45 days in the west so there is a possibility. I don't drink and am very shy so maybe I could assist the wives while you all get DRUNK. This will make it an international event a token Canuck.

Gary

Reactions: Darbinco
#21 ·
If I am in the area I will try and make it, doing 45 days in the west so there is a possibility. I don't drink and am very shy so maybe I could assist the wives while you all get DRUNK. This will make it an international event a token Canuck.Gary
You may not drink but you are always passing the booze around so I don't know if we could trust you around our wives, they may end up picking on you more than us.

#22 ·
No after the rally with Vicky, Deb, Wendy and Carolyn taking shots at me, I will be so gun shy of all women.
Gary

Reactions: C 4
#24 ·
Hey, I might get to finally see what a Canuck looks like.......:wink:

#28 ·
I've got wall space next to this flag to continue the tradition. I'm thinking one from Arizona this year might look good!

It would sure impress Chris, and myself greatly, were it flying on a nice flag pole out in your front yard..........>:)

#31 ·
Clay, I'll chip in on it if you want. Hate to be left out. Darn, what size is the other flag? For continuity sake.

#34 ·
Yeah Jim, I was thinking about that also. Hard to color on our dark flag. We'll have to "speriment".
If Tim's doing a 20' pole, I'll need a bigger flag! I'm sure Darby's neighbors will enjoy that.:vhappy:

#36 ·
Yea that's right.. we're going to do it again!

The official 2nd annual Colorado Ride BBQ is planned for Saturday August 26th. Day rides to follow on Sunday and Monday, same format as last year. This date should allow most attendees to make it home safe and sound before the looneys come out for the Labor Day weekend!

This may come as a shock to those that were here last year but there's still no new hotels in the booming metropolis of Whitewater Colorado! LOL (I'd be ok with a gas station really!) If there's a general consensus on where everyone wants to stay I can go put the finger on hotel management for a group discount. Something to consider and discuss in the coming days and weeks ahead.

Mark your calendars!
Is there a web site for this or more info somewhere? Costs? Registration? I have a Marine buddy who lives in Grand Junction I may be able to hook up with. Just saw him at a reunion in St. Augustine, FL. last week.

#38 ·
No web site, very informal.

See Darby's logo.....

T-shirt Clothing Font Text Top

Reactions: Warrior
#40 ·
Good idea Clay! I'd want one also.

Reactions: gooddog
#47 ·
We enjoyed your company as well. You keeping He coyote population in check?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.