My local BMW Motorrad Dealership- Touring Sports of Greenville, SC- got very lucky & acquired one of two K1600 B’s in the USA. BMW had sent the bagger for storage in Greenville, SC at the BMW Riding center. The plan is to take it to Daytona, FL in the spring & then, it goes back to Germany. Somehow Touring Sports of Greenville, SC has the K1600B in their showroom. It is not for sale. Release date in USA has not been specified.
Could not resist going and seeing/ sitting on it. Some features I found very interesting:
- There is a wind breaker mounted on the front cowl.
- Side wind deflectors are longer but, appear to go out at the same angle.
- The audio plug is in the left saddle bag.
- Saddle bags are not removable.
- The lower cowl pockets are gone. This allows for easy access to large Highway pegs.
- There are new front protection bars with much better/ stronger mountings. The front large Highway pegs have steel warning posts.
- While driving the front adaptive headlight can be completely turned off & the halo lights can be intensified with a much brighter appearance.
- The exhaust sound is similar but, there with a low growl.
"The Eyes of Texas are Upon You" except those in cages talking on the phone, texting, reading newspapers, applying makeup, scratching their n*ts, ................................................
I don't like the idea of not being able to remove the saddle bags, that would kill the deal for me
You would lose all tail/brake/turn signal lights in the rear.
What about adding a top case? Any info from BMW on this? If they designed a factory add-on case, this may get the nod from me over the 17 GTL.
Has anyone been able to compare the distance between the seat and shifter/brake pegs between this and the GTL? The B just looks like the seat is closer to the pegs, but of course I haven't seen the two side by side....
The seat position on the K1600B is very comfortable. The height is around 29.5 inches though it seemed lower. With a 30 inseam could easily get my feet flat. The driver pegs & shifter on the K1600b are in the same location as the GTL. Highway footpegs are large & accessible. Definitely a cruiser position. Best,