Testing out bmw road side assistance - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
» Forum Search

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #1

Default Testing out bmw road side assistance

Bike blew a tire, im 50 miles from home , the dealer they want to tow it to is 96 miles away. Bike has 1035 miles on it anyone know if there is a warrenty on tires ?

Better pic

Last edited by Zebrex; 04-30-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #2

Hope you bought an extended warranty with tyre and wheel policy. Other than that, I don't think BMW will cover the tire. (I got my first K1600GTL flat with 2900 miles on it and my extended warranty cover the new tire.)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #3

They didnt offer it to me
Old 04-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #4

I purchased with the bike, but I believe you can purchase it after the fact.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
USMC Veteran
Old 04-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #5

They may cover the tow, but not sure about the tire.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #6

The tire is on you and your insurance. I am sure it is below your deductible.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #7

Your mentioning the "low" mileage on your bike holds no merit.

No bike maker, auto or truck maker for that matter covers tires. Tires carry their own manufacturer's limited warranty. A flat tire by any means is considered a roadside hazard. Only if you can show the tire suffered deflation due to a manufacturing defect related issue, can you obtain any satisfaction....and that is one long shot.

You should have purchased a rim & tire insurance policy, which you can still do for future coverage. Replace the tire and get back to enjoying your bike. It is actually a very minor event in the big picture. These things happen.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #8

Also, consider carrying a tire quick plug kit and a Cycle Compressor or CO2 cartridges so you can better deal by yourself with standard punctures while out on the road. As many of us know, it is no fun being stranded waiting for assistance.

http://www.ridermagazine.com/gear/cy...or-review.htm/

Last edited by skytop; 05-01-2013 at 09:28 AM. Reason: added link
Old 05-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #9

Repairing a flat is a 10 to 15 minute operation, as I have done this many times on a GS and GSA.

For towing, I prefer the Good Sam program because out west it can be a very long way to the closest dealer. They have unlimited mileage towing.
K1600GT #154
IBA# 37,282
Old 05-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
Also, consider carrying a tire quick plug kit and a Cycle Compressor or CO2 cartridges so you can better deal by yourself with standard punctures while out on the road. As many of us know, it is no fun being stranded waiting for assistance.

Cycle Pump Adventure Motorcycle Air Compressor Review | Rider Magazine
+1..
K1600GT #490
Sponsored Links
Advertisement