BMW wins Good Design awards for GTL & GT - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
» Forum Search

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #1

Thumbs up BMW wins Good Design awards for GTL & GT

BMW Group Design picks up six 2011 GOOD DESIGN(TM) Awards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 11:40 PM   #2

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #3

So much affirmation of a good purchasing decision.
K1600GT #154
IBA# 37,282
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to roadrider.dave

That explains why I fell in 'love' with it when I saw it!!!! Everything we already know now the rest of the world is beginning to learn and recognize, just glad I have mine and don't have to wait in the line that is probably growing each day.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #5

The whole preorder process was fun, wasn't it? We put down deposits on a bike that we didn't know what it would look like, what it would perform like, just a good idea of what the cost would be. We trusted BMW to provide something reflecting the hype they promoted.

GT1 convinced me that I needed to get on the bandwagon. Waiting one more day after him placed me 100 places behind him on the list. He was something like 54 and I was something like 152.
K1600GT #154
IBA# 37,282
Old 01-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #6

You were both way ahead of me at 663. I dragged my heals for two to three weeks wondering if it was a good idea to fly by blind faith. Sure am glad I did. I remember seeing the final design and breathing a sigh of relief. Then the anxiousness for delivery set in. Yeah I'd wait seven months for another one I'm just glad I don't have to

Pete
Old 01-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #7

You were all way ahead of me but I'm not sure which was harder; ordering a bike on blind faith or ordering a bike that was getting slammed on forums for problems and letting the riding season pass me by trusting that mine would be a good one. Now that I've got mine I'm jealous of the experience you've all had riding all last summer/fall and can't wait for warm weather and twisty roads to truly experience this award winning bike.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #8

You were both way ahead of me at 663. I dragged my heals for two to three weeks wondering if it was a good idea to fly by blind faith. Sure am glad I did. I remember seeing the final design and breathing a sigh of relief. Then the anxiousness for delivery set in. Yeah I'd wait seven months for another one I'm just glad I don't have to

Pete
Old 01-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #9

Uh, I waited long enough so that BMW had time to test the bike on the lab animals....

LOL

Correction, I was just an idiot and went back and forth, and back and forth

12/5/2011 production date
Sponsored Links
Advertisement