Akrapovic Vs Remus Comparison - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
» Forum Search

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #11

I like them both. My brother has the Akras on his GTL, and they sound great. I have the Remus without the inserts on my GT, and love the sound.
Remus Titanium Exhaust, 3M Film, KewlMetal BEHL, IW SS Foot, Shorty Levers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterwbaker View Post
Remus and they sounded slightly fruitier with the insert in
Ok have to ask what sound does fruit make???

JJ
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #13

Pulled the inserts from my Remus pipes immediately upon installation. Still not very loud, actually and the bike is so fast that when its really 'on the pipe' you can't hear it as it truly is 'lost in the wind'. The guys behind me that I ride with - says it sounds marvelous, however.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #14

I got a chance to ride a while today for the first time since I installed the Remus sans the inserts and the sound is glorious

I did a drive by at a friends dealership and he said it reminded him of an old M3 he used to have. They really liked the sound and it isn't obnoxious at all.
2008 Honda GL1800 - retired
Old 08-20-2012, 01:11 AM   #15

Send a message via MSN to Junglejohn Send a message via Skype™ to Junglejohn

Thank you Remus, now I have the sound I was searching for ! One blip is better than the stock horn for getting attention when needed. Sound is not lost in the wind to me and the start-up growl is a very pleasing...'let's get out on the highway' welcome to the 6-pack engine on the prowl like a hungry owl !! very very nice !
Old 08-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #16
Site Sponsor

Thank you everybody for the positive feedback on our REMUS Exhaust

Please let me know if you have any additional questions regarding availability and pricing. We do have systems in stock right now BUT they are going fast.

Get yours right now and experience the sound everybody is talking about

Regards,

www.RemusUSA.com
www.MaxMoto.com
www.BursigUSA.com

US Importer & Distributor:

REMUS Exhausts
Bursig Racing Stands

T.: 510-595-3300
F.: 510-595-3304

Follow us on Facebook for exclusive media and offers:
BURSIG USA
REMUS USA
Old 08-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #17

So I've heard 2 different opinions say you can't hear the Remus on the hwy, and another says you can... is this apples to apples comparison? Aka: just cruising down the hwy? I like to hear my bike at all times. The only reason I'm looking at this bike and not another sport-tourer is because of the motor, so I wanna hear this thing. Who doesn't like this sound of a BMW 6cyl from ANY machine they make this side of an open exhaust?? Unless if it's on a race track of course, lol.

REMUS: I read somewhere you have a full system up your sleeve soon to be released? If I remember right, later this year? And if so, if one already has the slip-ons, will it work with the full system? Will there be an option to just buy the headers for those who have slip-ons already if this is applicable?
Old 08-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #18

You have a lot of other factors at work here...such as how quiet is your helmet? How high is the windscreen set? Do you wear earplugs or earbuds? If you're looking for a rattle-the-windows exhaust, you're not going to get it with either the Remus or the Akros. The cat on most BMW's is somewhat restrictive, so to amp up the noise level you have to pull that as well and put on an open exhaust. To my knowledge, no one is making that header system yet.

On my bike, with a pretty quiet Shoei helmet, I can hear the non-baffled Remus pipes mellow tone to about 50 mph, then they get lost in the wind. Its a good tone, but really not all that loud. The Remus cans are much lighter, and don't look so massive either - to me that's a plus as well.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #19
Site Sponsor

CHAMPt,

As drcollie explained it very well already, REMUS tends to be on the quieter side when it comes to aftermarket exhaust in general! It is only slightly louder compared to stock with the noise inserts in place.

By removing the noise inserts you open up the canisters and get more sound. The sound is still not loud but more of a deep, throaty growl.

The BMW K1600GT and GTL are perfect motorcycles for long rides and REMUS does not want you to be annoyed with the sound on a long ride that make your ears ring.

YES, we are working on REMUS header system for the K1600 and we expect it to become available by the end of this year. It will eliminate the catalytic converter, adding substantial performance and an even deeper growl to the bike.

These header systems will be designed to fit the REMUS Slip-On System as well as the stock canisters for customers that primarely look to enhance performance.

K1600forum members will be the first to know about pricing/availability and release date of the REMUS header system for the BMW K1600GT/GTL!!!

Regards,

www.RemusUSA.com
www.MaxMoto.com
www.BursigUSA.com

US Importer & Distributor:

REMUS Exhausts
Bursig Racing Stands

T.: 510-595-3300
F.: 510-595-3304

Follow us on Facebook for exclusive media and offers:
BURSIG USA
REMUS USA
Old 08-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #20

drcollie... again, those factors is what I'm asking about because one said you can't hear it, the other said you can. I'm not looking for "rattle the window" sound, but I wanna hear my bike. Good sound is not synonymous with decibals. Again, it's a BMW 6cyl that sounds like someone chopped the block in half of a Maserati 12cyl.

REMUS... I look fwd to heard the whole system! Any idea on cost? Again, this sound of this motor is what I'm talking about, not volume. (Yet I the stock exhaust IS to quiet IMO, so in that respect, yes, more volume!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement