Clearwater Lights Group Buy - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
» Forum Search

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #1

Default Clearwater Lights Group Buy

Clearwater Lights has asked me to post the following information announcing a K1600 forum group buy. And no, I have no affiliation with the company outside of having enough time, the right bike(s), and living close enough to help when needed.

Before Iím asked, the K16 under mirror brackets will be available within the next two weeks. Clearwater doesnít want to be any more specific than that.

I apologize for the terrible formatting in the table below. Clearwater provided me with a very nicely formatted table that I was unable to import correctly.

Also, while it's not mentioned in the announcement, Lorett told me in our phone conversation that this offer would continue through March 31st.

==================================================
From Clearwater

Here is the special offer we have for the members of the K1600 forum:

------------------------------------------------------
Glenda - Retail $475 - Group $300 ($175)
Krista - Retail $649 - Group $549 ($100)
Darla - Retail $499 - Group $399 ($100)
Erica - Retail $849 - Group $749 ($100)
Order now ship May 2013
Andie - Retail $99 - Group $79 ($20)
Loretta - Retail $149 - Group $129 ($20)
Under Mirror Bracket - Retail $279 - Group $249 ($30)
for Krista & Erica
To order and receive the special group buy purchase price, call Clearwater Lights direct and ask for Lorett. Provide Lorett with the Group Buy Code: 1600GTGB.
Once there are 10 participants in the group buy, orders will ship unless otherwise noted above. Credit cards will not be charged until the order ships.

Thank you!!!!

- -
Lorett Kinnicutt
The Clearwater Company
916-852-7029
2546 Mercantile Drive, Ste. B
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ClearwaterLights

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #2

Too late for me, I've already made my order. Well worth every penny, even without the discount!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #3

I'll be ordering my Darlas in a couple weeks. I'd love to get the Erica's too but with other things that have come up and taxes due in a month I'll have to hang on to that $1000. Oh well, I'll get them eventually.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #4

I will be in.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #5

I'm in for Erica's and mounts. I'll call them in the morning.

Thanks for passing on the info.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #6

Yes papa, thanks for passing this along. Other than Brent's amber running light kit that goes on this weekend, I have no other aux lighting. May have to bite the bullet and take advantage of this fine offer.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #7

I would like owners of Clearwater Glenda lights to weigh in here. What is your experience with being noticed by traffic with your Glenda LEDs?

My experience is that riding with the Glenda LEDs at the normal bright of 85% power, cars seem to notice me very well. Even approaching cars from behind, drivers seem to move over out of my way.

My expectation for the Darla LEDs, at 2.5X brighter, is very high. I think that these lights will be the perfect way to be noticed by drivers who are looking at the road. (Ineffective with those who are focused on their smart phone texting though. )

The way I see it, the Erica LEDs are the hot ticket for those who ride a lot at night, for two reasons: 1) They are mounted high, which extends the reach of the light, and. 2) They are extremely bright.

My point? Darla for being noticed by traffic day & night. Erica for riding at night.
K1600GT #154
IBA# 37,282
Old 03-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #8

Default Thanks!

I'm in for Erica's for my GTL and Erica's for my soon to be picked up 2013 GS! Thanks RL.
IBA #33333
Old 03-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #9

Clearwater LEDs are on the expensive side of the LED spectrum because of how they are made. Just like how the K1600 is on the expensive side of the sport touring motorcycle spectrum.

Yes, you can purchase one of the numerous off-road 4x4 LED lights offered. Heck, I will probably do just that for my 4x4 when my add-on HIDs wear out.

Since my K1600GT isn't a GS, or GSA, I want any add-ons to look right on the motorcycle. I want them to properly integrate into the look and operation of the K1600. The Clearwater LEDs do both. Here is why:

1) The milled aluminum housings do look good, besides providing a great way to keep the lights cool. Now that Glen is offering the Brent button cap bolts, and the RL mount for the Erica, the mounts look great on the BMW too.

2) The Brent designed electronics make the connection to the highbeam wire allow for 100% power LED flashing with the highbeam flasher, or highbeam use. An important safety feature when it is critical to be noticed.

3) The "volume" pot Clearwater provides allows for us to adjust the brightness to suit the riding situation. These LED lights are very bright, and having the ability to adjust the brightness is important. Off or on limits the usefulness of other LED lights. When riding at night, in traffic, I want to be able to turn down the brightness to where I'm not being flashed, yet still be able to see ahead.

4) Clearwater offers a complete package with everything needed for our specific bike. The right mounts, and wiring. Each component being top quality.

Many times in life we find that there is a difference in quality which mirrors the price. Purchasing the American made Clearwater LEDs is just such an example. I have found that Glen stands behind his product, willing to do whatever it takes to make each customer happy.
K1600GT #154
IBA# 37,282
Old 03-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneblett View Post
I'm in for Erica's and mounts. I'll call them in the morning.

Thanks for passing on the info.
Just placed my order.

Apparently we're close to the minimum of 10 participants -- come-on fence-sitters, whip out that plastic!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement