a second BMW Nav cradle - wonderwheel control - Page 3 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 42 Old 01-25-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrickland55 View Post
I am still trying to figure a way to route radar detector audio through the Nav IV into the K1600 com system.
Let us know if you figure that out. I couldn't get it to work . . .

Ken
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD
Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 Old 01-31-2014, 11:33 AM

Do you really need the handlebar mount?

Hi, I just rode 4500Km across Australia and all I had was my old XXL540 Tomtom from my car, the windscreen sucker sticks very well to the area on the fuel tank just in front of the filler cap and powered off the onboard merit plug. It didn't move all trip and I could snap it out of its holder in no time and put in my pocket or top case. It didn't foul the handle bar at all. That model doesn't have bluetooth, but thats ok, visual is fine anyway. Water proof, use a same size zip lock plastic bag or even cling wrap will do. It was very well placed for programing, worked for me, cheap too!
post #23 of 42 Old 01-31-2014, 01:30 PM

Hi Brent,

I'm new to the forum. What the device you have mounted where the old Nav was located? Looks like a digital speedo. I need something like that.

post #24 of 42 Old 01-31-2014, 01:34 PM

Hey Kenn,

You might wanna read through this thread when you have an hour or so to kill . . .

Ken
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD
Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from . . .
post #25 of 42 Old 01-31-2014, 04:01 PM

Hour to kill

I always plan for an hour or two when I log in!
post #26 of 42 Old 02-01-2015, 11:31 AM

I have read through twice & did see information of what was installed in the m/c cradle where the GPS would have been. The pic is not a Nav IV or V. As Ken _R (post 567425) stated it looks like a digital speedo. Could you state what it is cbdane? THANKS cbdane for the information & pictures, information shared is always good even if a person does not want to use it.
post #27 of 42 Old 02-01-2015, 11:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBArider View Post
I have read through twice & did see information of what was installed in the m/c cradle where the GPS would have been. The pic is not a Nav IV or V. As Ken _R (post 567425) stated it looks like a digital speedo. Could you state what it is cbdane? THANKS cbdane for the information & pictures, information shared is always good even if a person does not want to use it.
It's the famous home made digital dash by cbdane.
CANbus adventure begins
Check this thread. But beware, it will take you some time to read it all .

You don't give up riding when you get old ...
You get old when you give up riding.

Frank (NLD)
Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)
BMW K1600 GT Red (2011; #7 registered GT in NLD); top case w/brake light, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA-2
Member Dutch Veterans Bikers Association
post #28 of 42 Old 02-01-2015, 11:59 AM

THANKS FP-NLD for directing me to the forum link with the information cbdane has given. Wow, cbdane is a person that's great to have on this site. Great information and I will enjoy reading all.
post #29 of 42 Old 02-09-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FP-NLD View Post
It's the famous home made digital dash by cbdane.
CANbus adventure begins
Check this thread. But beware, it will take you some time to read it all .
Ha! I was wondering same thing...
What a fun read....wow!
Nice seeing and reading about all the customization/personalization people are doing to their bikes...reminds me of the good 'ol hot rod days
post #30 of 42 Old 03-07-2015, 06:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meese View Post
For you handlebar-mount guys that are worried about security, you might wanna look at how the GPS is mounted on the new GS-W.

There is a GPS Baseplate (part # 7 in the pic below) that provides a locking function using a standard BMW key cylinder (part # 12). This works by covering the top of the GPS cradle so that when you push the release lever, the release latch can't move up and the GPS stays in place. A simple twist of the bike's key and the GPS releases as normal.

You'd have to look at clearance issues for your handlebar mount, particularly in the lower left corner where the key is, but it might add the basic security that you guys are looking for in a very convenient way.

What I do is just keep my half cover handy, and cover the bike anytime I don't want prying eyes staring at it . . .

Am I reading something wrong, or is this the wrong picture that goes with the text?

Thanks for all you do,
Darryl
RETIRED!

14 BMW K1600GTL DGM
07 HD FLHTCU Champion Trike

Thinning out the herd. Health forces sale.
81 CB750 Bent forks (son) $500
81 CB900 10speed 100HP Original $2.5K
81 CBX Orig 3Kmi 105HP $7K

81 CBX Trike Frankenstein Dream Trike $12K
67 Camaro 454 4sp Gray Primer $8K
07 335i Black Sedan $9K
Coffin trailers: 1 regular size, 1 shorty. $1K ea
Two full size coffins, free for pickup. Steel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page