BMW K1600 Forum banner

RL's Oil Sump Drain Plug Tool ordering thread

361K views 2K replies 780 participants last post by  Golgoth22 
#1 · (Edited)
Note: The days of getting the Super Plug are drawing to a close. I’ll be out of town for weeks at a time and unresponsive. My relocation will be toward the end of the year. Then, it is a wrap.

Current prices May 2023:

$39 each. (Current Price) Delivered in the US. Actual cost for postage increase for everywhere else. The pay pal address is RL at Lemke dot com

A little more for the rest of the world, but I must check postage cost with each order.

Add in a 3" 1/4" drive socket extension for $11.00 more. (Sorry as I just ordered more and they went up in price again. I have to add some more to cover PayPal fees, shipping to me and sales taxes I have to pay. This is intended to be a pass thru deal.)

International delivery is easy as I do it all the time.

Send a PM to me with your mailing address and I'll let the USPS software determine the postage cost.

For fast delivery, 3 to 5 business days, it gets a lot more expensive, but I can send that way too.

Above, painted crankcase oil pan, upside down.

Above is sump with plug removed.

Above is painted crankcase oil pan with Super Plug installed.

See less See more
#1,338 ·
Just a quick thanks to @RL Lemke for making this ingenious drain plug. I just changed my oil again and pulling the sump plug is still a veritable **** show where I spill oil all over my garage floor. But with my hands and tools covered in oil and oil cascading everywhere I'm still able to remove the sump plug without dropping it in the oil pan of the engine. Cleaning up my mess is easy compared to fishing a drain plug out of the engine and I'm greatful to avoid this massive frustration.

@RL Lemke super plug for the win!!!

#1,346 ·
Prices are going nuts. Ordered more extensions and sticker shock. I have a good supply of plugs so $35 will remain the price. The extensions will go up to $7.50. By the time I pay PayPal fees, tax on the purchase and all, it shows how inflation is affecting all of us. Dang.

#1,347 · (Edited)
@RL Lemke , if you went on Shark Tank they’d tell you your margins were WAY too low for such a necessary item!

Duane

#1,351 ·
$35 each. (Current Price) Delivered in the US. Actual cost for postage increase for everywhere else. The pay pal address is RL at Lemke dot com

$41 for Canada, and about $44 or a little more for the rest of the world, but I must check postage cost with each order.

Add in a 3" 1/4" drive socket extension for $7.50 more.
Are you still selling these? Also, I have a question - I had my oil changed at the shop and I'm wondering that IF they didn't remove this 5mm plug (my bet is that yes they did) how much oil is left in the crankcase?

Thank you,
Dave

#1,352 ·
Are you still selling these? Also, I have a question - I had my oil changed at the shop and I'm wondering that IF they didn't remove this 5mm plug (my bet is that yes they did) how much oil is left in the crankcase?

Thank you,
Dave
Yes, the current delivered price $35 and if you want the extension they are an additional $7.50.

PayPal - RL at Lemke dot com

Yes, the service tech would have removed the OE 5mm plug to drain the last of the oil.

How much? Maybe .5 liters.

#1,359 ·
$35 each. (Current Price) Delivered in the US. Actual cost for postage increase for everywhere else. The pay pal address is RL at Lemke dot com

$41 for Canada, and about $44 or a little more for the rest of the world, but I must check postage cost with each order.

how do I go about ordering one of your Oil sump drain plug tools ?