Daytona boots - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 04-15-2017, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Daytona boots

Hi,

Anyone have experience with these brand of motorcycle boots...they seem well made and have good reviews..
I have my eyes on the Daytona arrow sport gtx..
Thanks in advance

https://youtu.be/YbRRSYGEsz0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 04-15-2017, 12:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bagman
I dont have experience yet, but am in the market for a pair of good boots. I know avid riders that put 30-50k miles a year on their bikes and they say the best boot hands down is Daytona. Pricey but you get what you pay for.
I was going to look into the M Star or Roadstar, but after seeing your post and watching the Revzilla vid, I may seriously look at these. I like the shorter version and the walkability vs the heavier ones. Im sure someones will come along and confirm the Daytonas. Thanks for posting the question.
post #3 of 22 Old 04-15-2017, 01:07 PM

Looks like a nice boot for a casual rider. Looks like more of a fashion boot.
For serious touring the AeroStich Combat Touring ( Aerostich Combat Touring Boots :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear) or Combat Touring Lites (Aerostich Combat Lite Boots :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear) are the preferred boot.
I don't think you want a low cut boot for serious touring.

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous.
It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence or stupidity.

post #4 of 22 Old 04-15-2017, 02:12 PM

I've been wearing Daytona GTX boots for the last 6 years. First pair latest nearly 4 years.

Comfortable out of the box. Completely waterproof, they're gortex.

Not the warmest in winter but thick socks help.

Never been down the road in them so couldn't comment on how they fair in a crash.
Fluffmeister likes this.
post #5 of 22 Old 04-15-2017, 02:16 PM

Garage
I read a lot of reviews for tour riding boots and settled on the Road Star GTX from Daytona. They are so comfortable that I don't even think about taking them off after getting off the bike. They are waterproof (Goretex) and with zippers on both sides they are easy on and off. I don't think I will ever consider buying another brand of boot. I used their size comparison chart and based my size order on the results others had experienced. They fit perfect out of the box. These rank right up there with the K1600 GTL and Russel Day-long saddle as far as total satisfaction with the purchase. Good luck.
JNW003 likes this.
post #6 of 22 Old 04-15-2017, 03:13 PM

Good looking boot. How do Dayton'a's breath?

George
2016 K1600 GTL
post #7 of 22 Old 04-15-2017, 03:52 PM

I have worn Daytona Roadstar GTX boots for a couple of years and they are very, very comfortable. They have remained dry in blinding rainstorms, comfortable going through a Glacier Park mountain pass in 28 degrees with snow flurries, and I've never given them a second thought while riding in 114 degree heat. The first day I got them, I took the dog for about a mile walk and they were perfect. Pricey, but perfect, and you get what you pay for... Like jimmydaleallen said, "These rank right up there with the K1600 GTL and Russel Day-long saddle as far as total satisfaction with the purchase." :bmw

Dave Beck
'16 K1600GTLE
'07 K1200LT (sold 9/24/16)
'74 Suzuki GT750L (long, long gone)

post #8 of 22 Old 04-15-2017, 04:12 PM

Garage
Daytona is a German made boot and is from safety and comfort aspects one of the few top options. Been using various styles from them for years and very satisfied. Pricey but worth it. Still have the first set now almost 10 years old.

'You know that the world is going to h$ll if they have to print instructions on a bag of toothpicks'
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1967 HD FL Police

Last edited by ViennaK; 04-16-2017 at 01:47 AM.
post #9 of 22 Old 04-15-2017, 07:00 PM

My Daytona Road Star GTX boots are the best boot in every category that I've ever had. I have over 20,000 miles on the current pair. They look like new, are comfortable out of the box and have all the protection you would want in road boot. I have commuted in temps well below freezing (50 miles each way) and have not had the need for heated soles (I wear dress socks, not heavy at all). Easy on and off to boot! For me, the only boot that came close to the Daytonas are the BMW Pro boots.
post #10 of 22 Old 04-16-2017, 07:19 PM

Daytona boots

Had my Daytonas 7 years now, no leaks, warm enough in UK Winters, and used daily. Probably the best boots off the shelf you can buy as a touring boot, you can also get them resoled if needed and the Warranty is first class. Real German quality for your feet

2015 RNineT - 2016 K1600GT SE - 1994 Honda XR600R - 2001 ZX12R - 2015 Skoda Octavia vRS TSI

Last edited by Fluffmeister; 04-16-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page