Year Round Riding - Thanks to Global Warming - Page 10 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 205 Old 10-21-2015, 08:45 AM

Ooooops ... maybe the 'science' isn't so settled after all. Or, maybe the evil oil companies are behind all these groups.

420,000 Years of Data Suggests Global Warming is Not Entirely Man-Made
420,000 Years of Data Suggests Global Warming is Not Entirely Man-Made | Collective-Evolution

Ice Core Data Help Solve a Global Warming Mystery
Ice Core Data Help Solve a Global Warming Mystery - Scientific American

Climate myths: Ice cores show CO2 increases lag behind temperature rises, disproving the link to global warming
https://www.newscientist.com/article...lobal-warming/

The 800 year lag in CO2 after temperature – graphed
The 800 year lag in CO2 after temperature ? graphed « JoNova

CO2 lags temperature - what does it mean?
CO2 lags temperature - what does it mean?

Ice Core Data Disproves Man Made Global Warming Theory
Ice Core Data Disproves Man Made Global Warming Theory | FreeFireZone Blog.com

Dialogues On Global Warming
Dialogues On Global Warming: Ice Core Issues

Ice core data shows the much feared +2°C climate ‘tipping point’ has already occurred…
Ice core data shows the much feared +2°C climate ?tipping point? has already occurred? | Watts Up With That?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 205 Old 10-21-2015, 09:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bikersandabordercollie View Post
We learned in our Environmental Science Class last week that sea level change is farse.

Ever fill a glass with ice then fill it with water to the very rim. What happens to the 'water level' after all the ice is melted? Same deal with the Arctic Ocean, Ice floating in water.

Antarctica is a continent, and while it is snow covered, it is not a mass of ice like the Arctic Ocean.
Agree. Agree. Agree. Not to mention, have these fools never heard of the water cycle? I learned it in grade two.

The genuine issue with the so-called "climate change" argument, in my scientific opinion, is that like any system that has been in place and changing for millions of years, it is N O N S E N S E to look at a tiny time span (50,000 years for instance) and try to determine what it means. You have to look at the big picture, and we pathetic tiny worthless humans can't possibly do that with our (a) measly life span and our (b) inability to record information. Tiny brains (for some) don't help either.

Climate change? I ask all the self-appointed experts this exact question to shut them up: Can you demonstrate this is not supposed to happen, that it has not happened 200x before? Because they cannot, their argument is ended.

I sometimes use this analogy to demonstrate how nuts "climate change" is: You arrive home, and the floor in front of your favourite window is cold underfoot, does that mean the heating power of the Sun has been somehow extinguished? See how you can't possibly make a definitive assessment with no appreciation for the bigger picture.

Here's what the theorists chant "Oh my God, the Sun has burned out!" or "We need to reduce or reuse or something, we have to make a difference, we are people, we did this! We killed the Sun! We killed the Sun! WE KILLED THE SUUUUUUUUUUUN!"

Or it's been cloudy, like some of the reasoning that got us talking about this.

Ken

2015 GTL-E
The most boring motorcyclist alive.
post #93 of 205 Old 10-21-2015, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

When the climate computer models assume the earth is a flat round plate with a constant solar input, you have one big reason for every model failing.

RL
K1600GT #154
IBA# 37,282
Mayflower Society
Son of the American Revolution

post #94 of 205 Old 10-21-2015, 09:18 AM

One thing I rarely see mentioned is the simple fact that the rate of heat transfer between two locations is affected by the temperature difference between the two locations.

Earth gets hotter, rate of heat transfer to the colder area surrounding Earth increases. Basic thermodynamics.

2013 K1600GT and 2001 Ducati ST4
post #95 of 205 Old 10-21-2015, 09:32 AM

Shortly after June 21, every year, I start freaking out ... the days begin getting progressively shorter and I just know humanity is doomed to eternal darkness.

And then, voila, presto, bingo, December 22 arrives, and all is okay again.
post #96 of 205 Old 10-21-2015, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDrouin View Post
Shortly after June 21, every year, I start freaking out ... the days begin getting progressively shorter and I just know humanity is doomed to eternal darkness.

And then, voila, presto, bingo, December 22 arrives, and all is okay again.
You have the makings of a true believer in man made global warming.

Too many times people find correlation and do what it takes to conclude causation.

The global warming believers are modern day dirt worshipers. Mother Earth types who deny Genesis 1:1.

RL
K1600GT #154
IBA# 37,282
Mayflower Society
post #97 of 205 Old 10-21-2015, 03:07 PM

Just saw a bumper sticker:

"I Vote Pro-Climate".

So I guess we're Anti-Climate? What the **** does that mean? Do these people even think?

Climate is the long-term pattern of weather in a particular area.
The Climate of a location is affected by its latitude, terrain, and altitude, as well as nearby water bodies and their currents.

I once saw a protester holding a sign, "Who Needs Oil - I Ride The Bus".

They're just stubborn. They accepted a position that sounded good and no matter what they're sticking with it. It's a religion.

2013 K1600GT and 2001 Ducati ST4
post #98 of 205 Old 10-21-2015, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Always interesting to look at the carbon footprint of global warming believers.

Dwelling Size
Vehicle Ownership & Use
Product Purchases - Wrapped - Transported - Manufactured
Personal Energy Use - A/C - Use of lights - Cooking

Oh, they say they plant trees to offset their carbon use.....

If you live in a dwelling more than a tiny house, own more than one vehicle (which should be electric) which is used more than walking or a bicycle, buy products manufactured around the world, and have A/C and illuminate your dwelling at night with power you haven't saved from your own solar cells, well then you are a hypocrite.

But then, there wouldn't be any true believers here on this forum anyway. To be here requires the use of equipment which is the result of mining and hydrocarbons. Even being on this forum, especially if they engage in the high carbon footprint of motorcycling (manufacture, transport and use of deadly fossil fuels). No, true believers would be in their tiny house spinning their own homegrown hemp into cloth, tending their own garden and caring for their own waste water recycling, composting toilet and solar energy production.

RL
K1600GT #154
IBA# 37,282
Mayflower Society

Last edited by RL Lemke; 10-21-2015 at 03:37 PM.
post #99 of 205 Old 10-22-2015, 06:13 AM

I frequently see statement from environuts, usually during "polar vortexes" about 'deniers inability to differentiate between the weather and climate change', but never once have those bozos managed to explain how "climate change" CAN occur without "changing the weather".

I guess it takes a special kind of mental crippling to state global warming is happening even though it's getting colder.
post #100 of 205 Old 10-22-2015, 07:03 AM

Garage
Just to be clear, there is "Climate Change". For instance, the waters off Cape Cod have gotten more warm water fish , then seal, then Great white shark over the last 20 years. Species that like the warmth have moved further up the coast from the Continental shelf off new jersey, an our Lobster have gone further north.

I am not saying it is all human produced, but the 'real' facts can easily be read (without weird modeling) that some kind of warming is happening off our coast. This is just a small picture, both in window of time and geographic location. I work with 'real' scientists studying the fish (predominately for the Sea Scallop Industry), I personally am not one, but I get to map their raw results as the Geographical Information Systems guy.

Jess & Christine(the Chauffeurs)with Tobi & Skye the Border Collies.
2013 K1600-GTL, Damask Red
(Guy's ride),
2016 S1000XR, Racing Red (Grrrl's ride)
Plus a home-built trailer, and a few farkels.
Motorcycle Safety Foundation Coach#166465
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page