I've always been a jeans wearer. - Page 3 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 Old 04-15-2016, 01:37 PM

Any issues with wearing them on a hot day? With the Kevlar liners I wondered if that was an issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 Old 04-16-2016, 01:55 AM

I wish people would stop posting videos of motorcycle wrecks.

No, I did not watch this one. And I don't want images of any motorcycle wreck in my mind.

The only ones I watch I get tricked into by an illusive thread title.

...I am ok with pics of naked women though. That does not disturb me as much.
kotr and bobbyd like this.

...If it wasn't for a Supernova, I wouldn't even be here...
post #23 of 40 Old 04-16-2016, 01:21 PM

How about the idiot that was following, apparently target fixated as he nearly ran into the down bike. If your gonna ride fast you better learn how to do it on the track first and best you keep it there if you can afford the fees.

'08 Suzuki DR650

post #24 of 40 Old 11-14-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip63 View Post
Any issues with wearing them on a hot day? With the Kevlar liners I wondered if that was an issue?
Yes, same question here?
post #25 of 40 Old 11-14-2016, 01:53 PM

Garage
I've always liked my skin a lot, it cover the rest of my body, always wear dedicated motorcycle clothing right now it's Revit Poseidon for me. Yes it's expensive, but like I said I like my skin.

Iron Butt Association Member#49820
MOA Member #106320
2013 K1600GT Dark Graphite
2008 K1200GT Dark Graphite(sold)
post #26 of 40 Old 11-15-2016, 08:39 AM

I bought some of the SR-6 Bull-It jeans and the hip and knee armor for them from Revzilla. I'm pleasantly surprised. They fit well and are really comfortable. I haven't tested them by sliding down the road yet, but supposedly, they should help. I suspect they may be warm in the summer (NW FL), but right now they are perfect.

On clearance right now.

Stan
post #27 of 40 Old 11-15-2016, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

My Motoport Stretch Kevlar pants, with the low IR heat gain coating, are cooler than jeans, AND provide great protection from abrasion AND with all the tail bone, hip, thigh, shin & knee armor they protect well from impacts.

If you prefer a jean cut and fit, Motoport offers jeans in this material and armor too.

I've grown attached to my skin, understanding that it keeps all those important fluids inside.

Another important concern is that sliding on pavement tugs at clothing. A quick search will show significant skin damage where pants have been pulled down in a slide. I wear suspenders, with the alternative being jacket zippered to pants.

RL
K1600GT #154
IBA# 37,282
Mayflower Society
Son of the American Revolution

Last edited by RL Lemke; 11-15-2016 at 09:33 AM.
post #28 of 40 Old 11-15-2016, 09:45 AM

Garage
Kevlar???

Agree with RL Motoport “Jeans” are fantastic ( Stretch Street Jean | Motoport USA ). You can actually get the Air Mesh Jean with the stretch on the back ( Air Mesh Street Jeans | Motoport USA ). Consider side sipper pockets & jean pockets in the back? Armor is barely noticeable. Very functional & safe pair of jeans. They use an old pair of your jeans as model for design. For that true jean appearance consider Lean Angle Jeans ( Lean Angle Jeans ). Best,

Doc:gm:gm
post #29 of 40 Old 11-15-2016, 12:22 PM

Major sources of injury and death in motorcycle crashes:

1. Head injury. Mostly riders and passengers not wearing helments.
2. Blunt force trauma. Hard to protect against this injury.
3. Skin loss. Very painful and potentially disfiguring injury if you live. Many don't survive severe skin loss.

The Motoport jean-like pants are expensive, but an excellent way to go.
post #30 of 40 Old 11-15-2016, 01:04 PM

I agree with the "risk management" comments. Don't get me wrong, even in Houston summers I ride every week and am alway ATGATT. But its all relative. I wear good gear, but not leather. The reality is if anyone wants to get into a pissing match over what we SHOULD be wearing to really minimize the risk, we should be wearing a car around us. But we don't. We ride.

And there is zero chance I could ride in the summers in leather. I know that for a fact because when I roadraced 30 some years ago, I used to literally scream at my wife when I came in after a race to help me get my leathers off me as quickly as possible.

2015 BMW K1600GT - Black Storm Metallic
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale ABS
2016 BMW S1000r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page