Metzler Roadtec 01 HWM - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 10-07-2016, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Metzler Roadtec 01 HWM

I'm on the hunt for some new tires and am looking for the best all round tire. I like what I am reading and seeing on the RoadTec 01.

Is anyone running these currently?

Thanks!

Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 10-07-2016, 11:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csomberg View Post
I'm on the hunt for some new tires and am looking for the best all round tire. I like what I am reading and seeing on the RoadTec 01.

Is anyone running these currently?

Thanks!

Craig
Metzeler Roadtec 01

'You know that the world is going to h$ll if they have to print instructions on a bag of toothpicks'
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1967 HD FL Police

post #3 of 37 Old 10-08-2016, 11:54 PM

The guys on the GTL seem to gravitate to the Michelin PR4 and the ones who ride the GT hard are using the Pirelli Angel GT. A new tire by Bridgestone the T30evo sounds promising but not a lot of people are on them yet.

Rick
2012 K1600GT (smashed)
2015 K1600GT

post #4 of 37 Old 10-21-2016, 07:35 AM

Garage
My 16 GT has now Roadtec 01 since a little more than 1.000 km and all I can say is that these are the best tyres I had on this bike !!! I used before Pirelli Angel GT (x1), Metzeler Z8 Interact (x2), Michelin PR4 GT (x2), but this "new" Roadtec is better in all sectors : easy to put onto angle, excellent on wet road, giving good sensations....
jthaney and J-Luv like this.

Last edited by Ghost Dog; 10-21-2016 at 07:40 AM.
post #5 of 37 Old 10-21-2016, 08:23 AM
JR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick92040 View Post
The guys on the GTL seem to gravitate to the Michelin PR4 and the ones who ride the GT hard are using the Pirelli Angel GT. A new tire by Bridgestone the T30evo sounds promising but not a lot of people are on them yet.
I went from PR4 to Angel GT due recommendations from the harder riders...great tire for that. I had no idea the tires could feel so different. The PR4s are nice riding. The Angel GTs are great in the corners...bike seems to just tip over in to the corner with no effort, and they stick. Downside: they don't seem to track as well on the Interstate, but that's minor to me. Might be an issue for one that rides upright and straight more than I care to.
kotr and Paul61 like this.

Jim

Last edited by JR3; 10-26-2016 at 08:54 AM.
post #6 of 37 Old 10-21-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR3 View Post
I went from PR4 to Angle GT due recommendations from the harder riders...great tire for that. I had no idea the tires could feel so different. The PR4s are nice riding. The Angle GTs are great in the corners...bike seems to just tip over in to the corner with no effort, and they stick. Downside: they don't seem to track as well on the Interstate, but that's minor to me. Might be an issue for one that rides upright and straight more than I care to.
Our experience as well.

Angel GT (A spec.) Excellent cornering, stick like glue BUT Do Not have the High Speed long distance Highway stability of the Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT's.

Definitely a different profile between these tires, maybe the new Roadtec O1 HWM version will be a good balance between the two.

15GT
GTLen likes this.
post #7 of 37 Old 10-21-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
My 16 GT has now Roadtec 01 since a little more than 1.000 km and all I can say is that these are the best tyres I had on this bike !!! I used before Pirelli Angel GT (x1), Metzeler Z8 Interact (x2), Michelin PR4 GT (x2), but this "new" Roadtec is better in all sectors : easy to put onto angle, excellent on wet road, giving good sensations....
Were either of them made in China?

Rick
2012 K1600GT (smashed)
2015 K1600GT
post #8 of 37 Old 10-21-2016, 10:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LIFE2LIVE View Post
Definitely a different profile between these tires, maybe the new Roadtec O1 HWM version will be a good balance between the two.
Yes... and probably with a better duration of life !
post #9 of 37 Old 10-22-2016, 07:18 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to SRibar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
Same here. A little bit more than 1000 km and happy in every respect so far although I feel a bit of vibration from front tyre.
GTLen likes this.

K1600GTL Exclusive
post #10 of 37 Old 10-22-2016, 07:19 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to SRibar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick92040 View Post
Were either of them made in China?
It appears that manufacturing of front tyre is exclusively done in China.

K1600GTL Exclusive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page