New to the site, hello from Delaware - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jonnybow

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 01-10-2017, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
New to the site, hello from Delaware

Hey guys, new to the site but not new to BMW. I just bought a K1600GT and have been on some of the other BMW sites but thought this site might be more beneficial since everyone here rides the same bike.
My bike is a 2014, found it in Pa with 250 miles on it. The dealer was a straight shooter and I think I got a great deal on a (basically) brand new bike. I previously has a 06 K1200GT that I sold when I started looking for a new ride. the K12 was an awesome bike, loved every minute of it and had zero issues with that one. Prior to that, I've had a few HD's, another BMW (K100RS) and several jap bikes. As far as BMW riders, I probably have low mileage in the seat comparatively, only about 88K. My wife rides with me mostly everywhere, she just loves the bike.
So far I've put a new windscreen on the bike from ZTechnik V-Stream, Brake light modulator from Vizi-Tec, top case from SHAD and had the dealer install the Nav.
Looking forward to talking bikes with fellow riders.

Jon
J-Luv likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-10-2017, 02:42 PM

Garage
Congratulations on the new bike and welcome to the forum. Nice group of people.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-10-2017, 04:07 PM

Garage
Welcome to the group.!

Roland
"The Eyes of Texas are Upon You" except those in cages talking on the phone, texting, reading newspapers, applying makeup, scratching their n*ts, ................................................

16 R1200 GSA
15 GTL
17 CVO Limited

post #4 of 9 Old 01-10-2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnybow View Post
Hey guys, new to the site but not new to BMW. I just bought a K1600GT and have been on some of the other BMW sites but thought this site might be more beneficial since everyone here rides the same bike.
My bike is a 2014, found it in Pa with 250 miles on it. The dealer was a straight shooter and I think I got a great deal on a (basically) brand new bike. I previously has a 06 K1200GT that I sold when I started looking for a new ride. the K12 was an awesome bike, loved every minute of it and had zero issues with that one. Prior to that, I've had a few HD's, another BMW (K100RS) and several jap bikes. As far as BMW riders, I probably have low mileage in the seat comparatively, only about 88K. My wife rides with me mostly everywhere, she just loves the bike.
So far I've put a new windscreen on the bike from ZTechnik V-Stream, Brake light modulator from Vizi-Tec, top case from SHAD and had the dealer install the Nav.
Looking forward to talking bikes with fellow riders.

Jon

Congrats on the new ride. How does it compare to your K1200GT ?

2013 K1600 GTL
2009 GL 1800- 70k miles
PM me about my pullback risers.

SEE RISER PICS HERE
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/5949592469.html

See RAM MOUNT Pics
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/5948821907.html

Backrest
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/5971276739.html
post #5 of 9 Old 01-10-2017, 08:26 PM
C 4

Garage
Congrats and Welcome!

Tim C
2016 K1600 GTL
Matte Ocean Blue
2013 K1600 GTL (gone)
Damask Red

"Why is it that those that know the least, know it the loudest?"

Custom built side case protection/tipover bars
Get yours now, Ask me how!
http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-...over-bars.html
post #6 of 9 Old 01-11-2017, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan19 View Post
Congrats on the new ride. How does it compare to your K1200GT ?
Really no comparison! The K12 was an awesome bike, no doubt. Had I never ridden the K16, I would have continued to think the K12 was the best bike ever.
Although it weighs more, the K16 has better balance even at slow speed which makes it feel lighter. Power wise, the K16 is a monster. It out powers the K12 considerably. I really think it's more comfortable as well. Music is a great upgrade and having the Nav built in makes a difference.
Honestly, I couldn't be happier. We've already planned our spring riding, leaving for 10 days in Florida in 7 weeks (not that I'm counting) then a trip to the Tail of the Dragon in May and then a New England trip in early June. I might be a little excited about this one!
post #7 of 9 Old 01-11-2017, 10:21 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum. I think you will enjoy the company.

2012 Mineral Silver GTL
1975 Daytona Orange R90S
IBA#9293 BMWRA#41092 BMWMOA#185857
post #8 of 9 Old 01-11-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnybow View Post
Really no comparison! The K12 was an awesome bike, no doubt. Had I never ridden the K16, I would have continued to think the K12 was the best bike ever.
Although it weighs more, the K16 has better balance even at slow speed which makes it feel lighter. Power wise, the K16 is a monster. It out powers the K12 considerably. I really think it's more comfortable as well. Music is a great upgrade and having the Nav built in makes a difference.
Honestly, I couldn't be happier. We've already planned our spring riding, leaving for 10 days in Florida in 7 weeks (not that I'm counting) then a trip to the Tail of the Dragon in May and then a New England trip in early June. I might be a little excited about this one!

Cool. Sounds like you are taking some great trips. I am still figuring a way to fit in the dragon in May. Enjoy your new ride.

2013 K1600 GTL
2009 GL 1800- 70k miles
PM me about my pullback risers.

SEE RISER PICS HERE
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/5949592469.html

See RAM MOUNT Pics
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/5948821907.html

Backrest
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/5971276739.html
post #9 of 9 Old 01-12-2017, 10:33 PM

Congrats on a GREAT find! Welcome to the forum.its a good bunch with a lot of knowledge, mostly useful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page