Year round riders? - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 01-08-2017, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Any year round riders for day trips in western WA?

Hello to all,

I'm fortunate to have a schedule that allows time off during the week, and end up more often than not taking day trips around western Washington. I ride year round when road conditions allow, and am looking for any that may want to join me.

If anyone is interested, please either tack on to this thread or PM me. I'm also hoping to hear about routes that folks may have to suggest.

Thanks

2016 K1600 GTLE
BMW MOA #201665

Last edited by wlueders; 01-09-2017 at 08:36 AM. Reason: more specific title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 01-09-2017, 03:45 PM

Garage
I'm in - Sammamish , WA - always looking for a nice day ride - I've been riding in the Western Washington area for a long time - so have covered quite a few of the routes - but some are well worth the ride again - Hurricane Ridge comes to mind...any way - once we get out of the "freezing" weather and looking at a reasonably dry day - let's go for a spin.

regards,

"There are only two ways to live your life, one as if nothing is a miracle, and one as if everything is a miracle" Albert Einstein
post #3 of 27 Old 01-09-2017, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Absolutely.

I was hoping I could jet out today and take Green Valley out to Cumberland, but the sun never came out to melt off the slick roads (**** you Rich Marriot). Doesn't look any better for tomorrow, either.

2016 K1600 GTLE
BMW MOA #201665

post #4 of 27 Old 01-09-2017, 08:01 PM

I'm a year round rider but on the wrong coast.
A few years back I was working in Kennewick, WA. (or maybe Pendleton, OR) I forget.... But there was this overlook on the edge of the upland desert that I thought was really cool. On one side was the desert, the other had cows, houses, trees and water. Would've been excellent on two wheels.
post #5 of 27 Old 01-10-2017, 06:43 AM

In Colorado I ride all year. You just have to stay out of the mountains. I will have one of the bikes out today after getting 8 inches of snow last week.
Warrior likes this.

Loveland, Colorado
2014 K1600GTL-E
2015 Lexus NX FSport
2015 R1200RTP
post #6 of 27 Old 01-10-2017, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iride4u View Post
In Colorado I ride all year. You just have to stay out of the mountains. I will have one of the bikes out today after getting 8 inches of snow last week.
You Sir, are a true motorcyclist.

My issue that's keeping me off these last couple of days is the frozen surface water on the roads, just waiting for that part to end. It's looking promising come Friday/ Saturday.

2016 K1600 GTLE
BMW MOA #201665
post #7 of 27 Old 01-10-2017, 12:10 PM

Garage
After 3 degrees on Saturday, it was 78 degrees yesterday. Wanted to go ride after lunch, but work calls. Finally get home at 5pm, got on the GSA and did about 25 miles of dirt. WooHoo! Good therapy.

Roland
"The Eyes of Texas are Upon You" except those in cages talking on the phone, texting, reading newspapers, applying makeup, scratching their n*ts, ................................................

16 R1200 GSA
15 GTL
17 CVO Limited
post #8 of 27 Old 01-10-2017, 12:44 PM

I am retiring Feb, so until then pretty busy, plus I am fixing bike.
After Feb, will be open for lots of rides.
I too have road this area for 30+ years
larry
post #9 of 27 Old 01-10-2017, 08:38 PM

Garage
You guys have inspired me. Was some cooler today, but managed to put in 98 mi on the Kbike before dark. Came over a rise just before sundown, to find 4 mule deer does and one buck grazing beside the pavement. The brakes on this bike work great 👍! The deer 🦌 just stared at me, did not run. Guess they wanted to check out the GTL.

Roland
"The Eyes of Texas are Upon You" except those in cages talking on the phone, texting, reading newspapers, applying makeup, scratching their n*ts, ................................................

16 R1200 GSA
15 GTL
17 CVO Limited
post #10 of 27 Old 01-10-2017, 08:44 PM

I haven't owned a car in 25 years.

Every day is a riding day...

Ken
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD
Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page