BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums - View Single Post - Honda going after the K1600 B market
View Single Post
post #25 of Old 04-04-2019, 11:01 AM
jjscsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat6 View Post
Doubt it, or at least doubt it will be effective.

Ridden Hondas my entire life until I bought my B. The last new Honda I bought was the Rune. Still own it--sweet machine. So why did I choose to a buy a non-Honda for the first time in my life? Honda has been sitting on their complacent butts in regard to power for nearly two decades. While they were sleeping, I test rode the BMW K1600GTL when it first came out. Loved the power, was not comfortable on the bike, and was neither inspired nor horrified by the styling. Waited for Honda to bring more power in response to the K1600. Nothing . . . nothing . . . 3 years . . . 5 years . . . nothing . . . then the K1600B came out, which fixed a lot of the comfort issues, and I like the styling much better. I still continued to hold off the itch for another year. Still nothing from Honda. Bought a K1600B.

So here comes yet another variant on the Goldwing, with still no increase in power. Waste of marketing, engineering, and manufacturing bandwidth. Nowhere near as sexy as the Rune (manufactured 15 years ago at this point). I hear there is a new Valkyrie coming also, with more styling cues from the Rune, but still not as good, and still no increase in power. The Rune, a bike manufactured by Honda 15 years ago, has way better styling and just as much power as what they are producing today.

What would get me to buy another Honda? How about a 240 hp, 2444 cc, Flat-8, 240 rear equipped, Rune II with another forward-warping style revolution?

Same old Goldwing with different tupperware? Wake TF up, Honda!
I agree with you, but having owned two Goldwings and spending eight years on the Goldwing forum, Iím not ready to blame Honda. Most Goldwing owners are incredibly loyal and they think the GW was already a sport bike.

Jim
2017 Yamaha FJR1300...Prev 2013 & 2015 1600GT,
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale ABS....2017 KTM 1290 Superduke GT

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome