BMW K1600 Forum banner

Wisconsin to New York

5K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  dobervol 
#1 ·
Im in Indiana now cheers mate.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I feel it took you 6 weeks to get to Indiana.
This is one epic trip sir.
Can't wait to see the thousands of photos.
All kidding aside, be safe.
Be aware of your limitations and get there and come back to us...

#3 ·
In ohio now **** im tired how do people do this crap %#%#^@ im cold =0(.. met some bikers at a gas station him and his wife are on day 17 from montana to buffalo,ny crazyyy!!. The only thing i regret right now is forgetting my ez pass LOL.....

Attachments

Reactions: PLAGUE
#4 ·
And i went cheap and put 89 gas in the bike...boy if doesnt like it past 80mph to much lol.... ill mix the tank with 93 on the next stop.

#7 ·
89 gas is like opting to drink out of the mud puddle when you could go in the gas station and purchase a bottle of water. :)

Reactions: dobervol
#9 ·
Like Mr. Wizard, I hallucinate that my bike chokes and gags on less than 93 - another topic for therapy...

#11 ·
Update

I was on rain mode going 70 (maybe it saves gas) anyway i had 93 in the tank anyway i accelerated to pass a car then my check engine light popped out amd the engine started to vum vum vum vum vum very fast but i was slowing down....i pulled to the side on first gear and the engine was still doing it.

I shut it off and the engine light was both on.
I shut off the bike then turned it back on the engine light dissapeared and now everything is fine......any thoughts?

#27 ·
Update

I was on rain mode going 70 (maybe it saves gas) anyway i had 93 in the tank anyway i accelerated to pass a car then my check engine light popped out amd the engine started to vum vum vum vum vum very fast but i was slowing down....i pulled to the side on first gear and the engine was still doing it.

I shut it off and the engine light was both on.
I shut off the bike then turned it back on the engine light dissapeared and now everything is fine......any thoughts?

Your bike is telling you it hates rain mode ...

-

#12 ·
As far as the gas comments im not sure what you guys are talking about. The manuel says 91 octane.. i put 89 and going past 80mph if you listen carefully to the engine its sounds and feels different. I know this because i had a lexus and use to put 87 and the car moved but it was a different feel.. minute i put 91 back into the tank it ran normally.

Now if you have a vehicle that takes 87...then yes its a waste to put 89 91 or 93 in the tank.

Unfortunately gas stations on the interstate here only have 87 89 and 93 =/. So i put 93 in the tanks

#13 ·
It is amazing the number of riders who obviously never even took their operator's manual out of the cellophane.

Attachments

Reactions: Marc11
#14 ·
What is this sorcery lol i think i downloaded the wrong manuel lol..

And i read mine sir...stop being mean =0(

Just an oversight tha ks for clearing up

Reactions: PLAGUE
#16 ·
MADE IT TO NEW YORK and may i say F#@$ the GWB.

My take aways....pros and cons starting with pros

- Having 2 Packtalk bolds is a lifesaver for music
- Brens Tuning I love you
- Switching from cruise/road suspension is AWESOME!
- Cruise control is a life saver! Seat and handle warmers LIFE SAVER! THANK YOU BMW
- Built in Security on the bike thank you BMW
- FOG lights at night lit up a 4 land highway love them!

Cons:

- Forgot my EZ PASS
- Clean the windshield stupid bugs
- no twistys but i did take a scenic route in PA with tons of TWISTs and turns and leaning a 800LB bike felt AWESOME!
- had an engine failure but it fixed itself once i restarted the bike..(strange) going to have to plug in my GS-911 to see what cause it.
- Lost my plug that heats up my gerbing =( still pissed at that
- Full face helmet was a must but man do i have upper back pain from the weight

All in all I did a little over 1,000 Miles in 2 days taking me roughly 22Hrs (ride and break time) took alot of brakes and one motel stop.

Reactions: racer1735
#18 · (Edited)
Thank you. Bikes stored at my best friends moms house in NY rent free =0) so i can grab it any time i like....but needs a wash first badly...

I forgot to add putting on the baffles is a must on a remus exhaust

#20 ·
I praise all of you out there riding all day for days !!! I just can not accomplish that. I would like to but for a very tall guy sitting and riding that long it is just not working. I can do a full day maybe with some stops. My back starts to scream.....help. Our bikes are so made for this, however mine will always stay local pretty much. I know some retires who go half the country at times and the photos they bring back are so great. maybe one day, that bug will drill into me. happy riding.

#22 ·
The greatest improvement I made to my bike that helped extend my day in the saddle and help ease the back pain was a Russell seat. Bar risers helped as well.

I dont do too many long trip on my bike but 500 miles in a day is not that hard to do.

#24 ·
I'm with Darby. The one thing that I bought that has helped me do 500+ mile days is certainly the RDL seat. Prior to getting this seat, I was in pain even riding 200 miles. Before getting a new windshield, lowered pegs, handlebar risers or even lights, I'd make the RDL a priority.
I've done several 700 mile days and I don't complain about my back, butt or sciatica anymore.

#25 ·
My riding buddies and I did an Iron Butt from Long Island to La Crosse, Wisconsin on our fist day out on the way to Yellowstone. What are you going to do for the second day of your trip?:grin: Yes GWB sucks, but Verazzano can be worse. I guess you are now familiar with the crawl Bronx Expressway.

#28 · (Edited)
RE:

"Super unleaded (max. 15 % ethanol, E15)
89 AKI (95 ROZ/RON)
90 AKI"

They appear to be calling mid-grade 89 "super," and have rounded the conversion to 90.7 DOWN to 90 perhaps, but for the life of me, unless they're now trying to communicate 6 of one, half dozen of another, usually the minimum anti-knock index is a single number, not 2, and in the US, neither 89 nor 90 qualifies as "super" unleaded. I thought 91 was the minimum to qualify as "super" here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.