BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums - View Single Post - Engine Braking and/or Trail Braking?
View Single Post
post #32 of Old 11-01-2019, 10:25 AM
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnert View Post
Times have changed, e.g... I attended Lee Parks "Total Control" course about 15 years ago. Towards the end the instructors barely touched on 'trail braking' describing it as a very advanced technique used by racers. Fast forward to last weekend and I good friend of mine on an RT took the same course in Woodbridge, VA. Trail Braking was taught from the start of and emphasized throughout the course. JJ said trail braking was taught to be used 100% of the time on the street because it drastically increases rider safety. I agree. I've been trail braking 24/7 going on 3 years. You'd have to ask those that ride with me if I'm quicker, but I know I'm safer..

Duane

Thanks Duane, was just looking online re the courses. Based on your experience and knowledge of these courses would you recommend starting off with the Beginner or Intermediate course for those that have logged many miles but without any formal training?

I am guessing your friend took the Intermediate at the very least where they talk about the throttle/braking on web. TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom
2018, K1600GT, Mars Red
2015 K1600GT (sold)
2012 K1600GT (sold)

Last edited by Thomas; 11-01-2019 at 01:15 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome