Long-term test Kawasaki H2 SX SE - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 07-10-2019, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Long-term test Kawasaki H2 SX SE

Pretty good and impressive report. Makes me almost want to consider one as my next bike. Well, at least a test ride...

https://www.webbikeworld.com/2018-ka...g-term-review/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-10-2019, 11:46 PM

Sure if you are a tiny flexible person. I don’t enjoy riding motorcycles that I can bench press. Lol
PLAGUE likes this.

Had 2014 gtl premium spring 17 - winter 2019 (rode 25k miles). Bought used Wing to try out (10k miles), Nah-too boring and slow. Like GTL better, bought another GTL. Ha.
post #3 of 16 Old 07-11-2019, 02:30 AM

Garage
Pretty impressive bike. My son-in-law has the ZX14 and I've been somewhat afraid to ride it although he does and he isn't an aggressive rider at all so it should be OK for this old Geezer to give it a go.

2016 Glacier Silver/matte blue vinyl wrap GTL
1975 Daytona Orange R90S
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650
IBA#9293 BMWRA#41092 BMWMOA#185857
2004 Red Corvette
2005 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-11-2019, 07:36 AM

Garage
I'd love to give it a ride, but the seating geometry seems a bit....acute for long distance work - at least at my age.
I'm afraid that after a couple of hours I'd get a ticket racing toward a hot tub and martini.
Pura Vida, IanI and PLAGUE like this.
post #5 of 16 Old 07-11-2019, 08:48 AM

Garage
The article ;

Funny how the article compares the bike to O-Ren Ishii but there really isn't anything subtle or classy about the bike. That is not opinion, both of those are adjectives with well understood definitions. That doesn't mean it doesn't appeal, I am sure it more than appeals to some folks but even those folks would find it so because it is the antithesis of subtle and classy. Its more 'Transformer' than Classy Ninja. From the seating position to the sharp angles - everywhere - to the fairing wings and the paint job its about as subtle and classy as a meat cleaver to the forehead. And that paint... ouch. If I wanted to ride something that intentionally bedazzled it would be behind closed doors. just sayin'

But the bike - I have a soft spot for Kawis as my first big(ish) bike was a Kz1000r. Loved that bike, drove it everywhere much to the consternation of the collector crowd. This bike (after a good wrap or repainting) looks and sounds like it would be fun for day trips. I hope one of the guys at work buys one so I can do a bike swap now and then. I am not sure however that I could ever spend money on it when there are so many other bikes out there that provide a different experience from the K1600. Something in the dual sport or adv genre would be more likely.
PLAGUE likes this.

2012 BMW K1600GTL
post #6 of 16 Old 07-11-2019, 08:56 AM

Garage
@Scotty LOL

There is thy gold, worse poison to men's souls,
Doing more murders in this loathsome world,
Than these poor compounds that thou mayst not sell.
I sell thee poison; thou hast sold me none.
post #7 of 16 Old 07-11-2019, 11:17 AM

Garage
I have a suggestion...with all these blowers helping meet emissions etc, I don't know why they have to downsize the displacement. Like the F-150...why not put the supercharger on the V-8? Why do they have to downsize to a V-6? They still get about the same mileage and I bet the compression is quite high. Here's my suggestion...instead of leaning out the throttle response on the K16 like they have for emissions standards (presumably)...why can't they offer a tidy little blower on it??

It's not a real question, more rhetorical. I am not sufficiently motor engineering savvy to begin to understand how the design parameters would have to altered to accomplish such a feat, but...it sounds good to me.
dobervol likes this.

James

18 K16GT Option 719 Blue Planet Metallic with Saddle Brown Seat
IBA # 63673
73? CB125S Torquoise (sold); 76 CR125 Elsinore Red (sold);
83 CB1100F Red White & Black (in a shed); 83 CB1100F Blue White & Red (in a garage);
14 FJR-ES Candy Red (sold)
post #8 of 16 Old 07-11-2019, 11:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthling View Post
The article ;

Funny how the article compares the bike to O-Ren Ishii but there really isn't anything subtle or classy about the bike. That is not opinion, both of those are adjectives with well understood definitions. That doesn't mean it doesn't appeal, I am sure it more than appeals to some folks but even those folks would find it so because it is the antithesis of subtle and classy. Its more 'Transformer' than Classy Ninja. From the seating position to the sharp angles - everywhere - to the fairing wings and the paint job its about as subtle and classy as a meat cleaver to the forehead. And that paint... ouch. If I wanted to ride something that intentionally bedazzled it would be behind closed doors. just sayin'.
O-Ren Ishii is subtle and classy? I agree those words both have "well understood definitions," but I fail to see how lopping a guy's head off with a sword, then screaming at everyone as his decapitated neck spews a guyser of blood all over everyone else at the table, is either subtle or classy. Neither is participating in a hit squad with full-auto weapons, which tries to murder everyone at a wedding. Just sayin'.

Joey

2019 K1600GT Option 719 Blue Planet Metallic, Brown Seat, Forged Wheels
2006 K1200S
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
post #9 of 16 Old 07-11-2019, 12:04 PM

Garage
Huh.. the first service due at 600 miles costing 230 dollars.

Second service at 7600 miles.

Valve check at 15,200 miles costing approximately 1000 bucks.

Wears out tires at 5-6k miles...

Any of this sound familiar?

I think it's a cool bike but I couldn't do the ergo's for more than 50 miles.
JohnS1955 likes this.

Freedom is the miles I'm rollin' on!

I'm ridin' a 2014 K1600 GTL and I am loving every minute of it!
post #10 of 16 Old 07-11-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbinco View Post
Huh.. the first service due at 600 miles costing 230 dollars.

Second service at 7600 miles.

Valve check at 15,200 miles costing approximately 1000 bucks.

Wears out tires at 5-6k miles...

Any of this sound familiar?

I think it's a cool bike but I couldn't do the ergo's for more than 50 miles.
Yeah, sounds like a K1600
Darbinco likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page