2019 Triumph Speed Triple RS matte Black or 2019 KTM Superduke 1290 Orange/black - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 Old 07-31-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maupen View Post
I did the same research thank you, but added the Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory. I never had the opportunity to ride it though 😞!
I found a RS 2019 with only 1000 miles and I closed the deal!
Im a big guy (64 and 270 lbs), but I can ride from tank to tank without problem
I added a touring windshield ( I waited about 1 month to receive it!) and I removed the Euro 4 restrictor from the slip on.

I have 4 bikes, including the K16GT and im riding more and more the Little Triumph!
If you want to add accessories, you can get several OEM, if not, look for the other side of the pond

Send me a private message and I can share with you where I got the touring windshield and I can point how to remove the Euro 4 s...t
A picture riding the RS, my friend was riding my K13S

Great looking bike. So happy for your response. PM sent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 07-31-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclaycomb123 View Post
Thanks for your input. I did test ride the 2019 SuperDuke R today. He offered a sweet deal (end of month incentives) but what held me back to sleep another night and think were #1) only 12 month, 12K mile warranty on the KTM 2) Although the 2019 stock exhaust sounds better (deeper) than 2017 but IMHO still not close to the Triump's idle, accel, and decel notes and grunt. The Torque was outstanding and almost made me do the deal but I don't think there are too many places for "that rush" but it was not as fun just going at a slower pace from stop light to stop light as experienced the Triumph--fun when aggressive or going slower; The Triumph has a way of sounding and feeling faster than I was actually going ( though plenty fast) but the super Duke was borderline (scary fast). The super DUke didn't handle in curves the way I hoped. I did feel that I could ride the super DUke for much greater distance than the Triumph due to the more upright ergonomics--a critical point because my wife is gonna be upset if I get too little use out of a second bike for the money paid. The Triumph definitely made me smile more. The KTM brand seems more solid in my mind but I have no idea why I have the perception it is more reliable. The warranty is too short while the Triump Speed triple RS has a 2yr, unlimited warranty. The closer Triumph dealership also services my BMW (7 miles from my home)but the KTM dealership I prefer to utilize is 57miles from home. I like the look of the Matte Black 2019 Triumph speed triple RS over the beautiful Black/orange 2019 KTM super Duke R. I think I just made up my mind writing this reply. I'm getting the Speed triple. I appreciate all of you
You make good sense here so I'm sure you are making the right decision. The KTM Warranty is disappointing to say the least. I was not aware...

Chris H (formerly known here as Charlie Fogg)

2018 K1600 GTL
2014 K1600 GTL (Gone)
2015 R1200 RT (Gone)
post #13 of 14 Old 09-26-2019, 10:21 AM

Good choice on the RS!

I just rode a KTM Super Duke, and I have to say I was really disappointed. The engine vibration really bothered me on the SD.

I rode an MT-10 after the SD and I would much rather own the MT-10. It's not as sexy, or as nicely built in my opinion, but it sure is more enjoyable to ride. The MT-10 engine is really charismatic and smooth. Just wish we got the SP version with Ohlins / Brembos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 Old 01-11-2020, 10:26 AM

Bump. Congrats on the new Triumph. I actually traded my speed triple in for a SDR although I took a beating on the trade I had to have it. The I-3 may not have the rush, but the power band is wide and linear. It is hard to ask a group of strangers what you might like better. I'm short, but my knees are shot so the extra legroom on the sdr is welcome. My s3 shared a place with the R3 before I bought the k1600 and the torque of the 2300 really made riding the s3 redundant and boring where the sdr is less tame. We chose our bikes for the same reasons but from different criteria. I really wish KTM would get away from orange and black for the street bikes and start offering some colors that draw less attention from leo's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page