BMW K1600 Forum banner

Heed protection/tip over bars - Review

12K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Daniel Mezo Wainscott 
#1 · (Edited)
I just got done installing the "Heed" protection/tip over pars on my 2015 K1600 GT. These come from Poland and were shipped in about 12 days time. They came very well protected wrapped up in those foam thinghys. The instructions were somewhat vague and it took a bit of deciphering what they were trying to tell you. But, pretty simple rear bar install, somewhat finicky forward bars install.
The workmanship seems very good and of solid construction. I do think regardless of manufacture, BMW, Heed, etc, any time this heavy bike goes down while in motion, these become sacrificial.

I am please with the look, construction, and price on these. I rate these as a good buy for the K1600.

They come in Grey, silver or black.

$150 for the front pair
$170 for the rear pair
$50 shipping

$370 total

Bought them on E-bay here:
Great deals in K1600 GT from HeedMoto | eBay Stores
*You must scroll until you find the correct bars for your bike. *They call the rear bag bars "Rear engine crash bars." Oh well.

Side profile pix:

See less See more
#2 ·
Off topic, but where did you get those 6 into 6 pipes for the CBX?
Best.

#7 ·
Well I came here to find out about different options for tip over bars. Now I am going to Craigslist to find a CBX to restore lol. Fantastic Honda and those pipes are superb. I can only imagine all the people that never knew Honda made a 6 cylinder bike or don't remember them counting the tailpipes and saying WHAT ? Good job and stay safe, Morgan

#21 ·
Hijack alert:
Check my signature for CBX for sale.
Best.

#14 ·
No issues whatsoever. Just returned from a 1400 ride with GF on back. No complaints whatsoever.

These are very nice bars. I am fussy about what goes on my bikes and I can't speak for the quality of other are but the Heed bars will do their job if the time ever comes.

#13 ·
Good looking set of bars and great price, too. My issue with these is the same issue I have with all other engine protection bars for this bike (that I'm aware of) -- they bolt into the engine they're supposed to protect!

My '14 had minimal damage, back in January when I had an encounter with an old lady in a Lexus, but because the casting where the engine protection bars were fastened busted off, it was written off as totaled.

#16 ·
Good looking set of bars and great price, too. My issue with these is the same issue I have with all other engine protection bars for this bike (that I'm aware of) -- they bolt into the engine they're supposed to protect!
I agree, but.....I look at these for only tip over protection when the bike is somewhat stationary. like a low speed u-turn, or being a klutz when moving around garage, etc.

#17 ·
Perfect timing for this post. Was looking for rear protection bars not too expensive.
They fit my bill.
Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.