Windscreen 7 JuRock style B for 2018 GTL - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 11-05-2018, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
KEG

Garage
Windscreen 7 JuRock style B for 2018 GTL

Just installed a new windscreen, JuRock style B (with the lip/curve at top), on my 2018 GTL. Here are pictures that show the difference in shape between my factory windscreen and the style B JuRock. The JuRock measures 22” tall x 25” wide. The factory windscreen is 22” tall x 24” wide, measured in a straight line on the inside of curvature.....note that the shape and dimensions of the GTL windscreen seem to vary from year to year. Have not had a chance to test ride it yet....my seat is off at RDL being customized.
Windscreen 7 JuRock style B for 2018 GTL-img_6344.jpg
Windscreen 7 JuRock style B for 2018 GTL-img_6359.jpg
Windscreen 7 JuRock style B for 2018 GTL-img_6364.jpg
Windscreen 7 JuRock style B for 2018 GTL-img_6365.jpg
jamaican guy likes this.

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 11-05-2018, 10:21 PM
ADC

Garage
I just purchased the 7JuRock w/s for my 2018 GTL. I went with the 20" and the thicker width. This is a great windshield and a substantial improvement over the OEM. At 20", it is shorter than the stock w/s but provides better wind protection. Move it up a couple of inches and it is awesome on the freeway at 90mph...and I can still see over it. Highly recommend 7JuRock. Since I live in So Cal, I was able to ride in and test the w/s.
Yukon_Cornelius and KAS_UK like this.
post #3 of 20 Old 11-06-2018, 12:10 AM

Garage
That’s the screen I went with on my BGA, works great. Just finished day 1 on a 2500 mile trip on shield was awesome

Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 11-10-2018, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
KEG

Garage
I finally had a chance to get in a quick 30 mile 2-up test ride with the new JuRock style B windscreen and my new RDL seat...despite the 45 degree temperatures. The windscreen performs as expected —- starting with it down, its pretty much dead calm air around me up to about 45mph, thereafter with increased speed I gradually raised it up an inch at a time, reaching fully extended at about 65 mph and experiencing mild air movement around helmet but no buffeting, and at 70 to 80 mph when fully extended there is definitely more air movement around me but with face shield fully open there is no wind blowing on face and no buffeting. My wife is extremely happy now, she reported a vast reduction in wind noise and no buffeting at all now, but she sits higher up and wants the windscreen raised to 100% up a bit sooner than I need to. (The factory windscreen was so bad that she was unwilling to do long trips.) The 22” windscreen height means I can see over the windscreen even when 100% up, but note that I’m 6’ tall and the RDL seat raises me about 1 1/2” higher than the factory seat. I’m a happy JuRock customer right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ken
post #5 of 20 Old 11-10-2018, 02:32 AM

Folks please let us know what your height and inseam is? This will help the rest in knowing how effective the shield may be. Also do you use ear protection?

Entropy isn't what it used to be.
post #6 of 20 Old 11-10-2018, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
KEG

Garage
Good point.... I’m 6’ and 32” inseam, sitting on RDL seat that lifts me 1” to 1 1/2” above factory height. My wife is 5’ 2”. Windscreen is 22” JuRock style B. No ear protection, but fully enclosed modular helmets. When time and weather allows me to do a test ride longer than 30 minutes at higher speeds than my local curvy backroads allow, I’ll post an update. The JuRock is a very huge improvement over the unacceptable factory one but my gut tells me there must be a trade off somewhere with the aerodynamics, perhaps more sideways buffeting of the bike itself in the ‘dirty’ freeway airflow from trucks? Though no one has reported any downsides on this forum that I can find. Guess I’ll find out on due course....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TarkusNY likes this.

Ken
post #7 of 20 Old 11-10-2018, 02:09 PM
ADC

Garage
5'10" w/30" inseam. I went with the 20" 7JuRock on my GTL (with stock seat). Finished a 310 mile day trip and the w/s performed excellent. Even at highway speeds (80-90 mph), I only raised this about 2-3 inches and could easily see over the w/s. Definitely directed the wind around me with no buffeting. I do use a full face modular helmet for longer rides, but have worn my half helmet with face shield on short rides and the w/s works great.
post #8 of 20 Old 11-11-2018, 08:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADC View Post
5'10" w/30" inseam. I went with the 20" 7JuRock on my GTL (with stock seat). Finished a 310 mile day trip and the w/s performed excellent. Even at highway speeds (80-90 mph), I only raised this about 2-3 inches and could easily see over the w/s. Definitely directed the wind around me with no buffeting. I do use a full face modular helmet for longer rides, but have worn my half helmet with face shield on short rides and the w/s works great.

ADC, is yours also the B version? You and I are the same height/inseam so hoping it will work well for me as well.

2018 K1600GTL Option 719 Blue Planet
post #9 of 20 Old 11-11-2018, 10:01 PM

I installed the 19" 7Jurock light tinted screen on my B. What a difference. No buffeting, feels very more stable at 80+ ish. lol. I like the way the screen is straight across at the top because is fits the look of the B.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7JurockB.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	122930  
Bamarider likes this.
post #10 of 20 Old 11-12-2018, 09:57 PM

I’m considering the 19” “B” version. Did you go with the thicker option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page