Opinion on tank bag - Page 3 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 Old 10-20-2019, 03:26 PM

Garage
I have the RKA Shiloh and like it. Carry my garage door opener, a bottle of water or two, handgun, wallet, and cell phone. Am kicking around putting a Spot GPS in the map compartment. Bought a power port to USB adapter to power two devices via usb. Easy to get to stuff without getting off the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 Old 10-20-2019, 03:52 PM

Garage
I bought the RKA Shiloh and loved everything about it and wanted it to work. Had to send it back the other day because it didn't seem good with my risers on my 16 GTL. I didn't fully set it up but placing it in position just seemed to contact the kill switch way to easy. I'm sure someone has already mentioned this on the forum but I thought I would give it a chance while purchasing other items.

If anyone has found a bag to go with the GTL as well as handlebar risers I would be interested in knowing which one. Would have to be pretty narrow.
post #23 of 35 Old 10-20-2019, 04:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzman View Post
I bought the RKA Shiloh and loved everything about it and wanted it to work. Had to send it back the other day because it didn't seem good with my risers on my 16 GTL. I didn't fully set it up but placing it in position just seemed to contact the kill switch way to easy. I'm sure someone has already mentioned this on the forum but I thought I would give it a chance while purchasing other items.

If anyone has found a bag to go with the GTL as well as handlebar risers I would be interested in knowing which one. Would have to be pretty narrow.
I have have the Wolfman Enduro. I have risers. I don't have any trouble with the kill switch. I do occasionally hit the horn if I position it too far forward and turn fully to the left.
Kuzman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 35 Old 10-21-2019, 11:31 PM

Garage
what model is your Motoech tank bag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGSLYR View Post
Mototech, Doesn't touch the paint, easy to remove for fueling or to carry into a restaurant so you always have your need to carry stuff.
Can you tell me the model and the number for the parts that attach it to the K1600?
post #25 of 35 Old 10-22-2019, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie Vaca View Post
Can you tell me the model and the number for the parts that attach it to the K1600?

My Bag is the SW-Motech EVO daypack (BC.TRS.00.108.2002), mount is a type 306 (TRT0064030601B)

I'm pretty sure they're correct but please double check part numbers with your supplier, those are from my receipt.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-m...ypack-tank-bag

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-m...UaAivnEALw_wcB
TheMicah likes this.
post #26 of 35 Old 10-31-2019, 01:03 PM
Site Sponsor

SW-MOTECH

It is every bit worth the high price!

The material is much better than cheaper ones and it is long-lasting. I (Elli) have my bag since 4 years now. And it is good and waterproof like the first time ;-)

We also have this brands in our range:
#abm #acschnitzer #acerbis #akrapovic #arrow #austinracing #bodis #bodystyle #boosterplug #cultwerk #customaccess #ebcbrakes #evotech #ermax #evotechperformance #evotech #falcon #fehling #gbracing #gianelli #givi #gpr #gsgmoto #healtech #hepcobecker #horning #hurric #ilmberger #isotta #ixil #jmvconcept #leovince #marving #meca'system #mivv #mizu #mra #oehlins #powerbronze #protech #puig #pyramid #rst #scalvini #scorpion #scproject #secdem #shark #siebenrock #skidmarx #swmotech #termignoni #zard #agv #airoh #caberg #schuberth #momodesign #nolan #premier #scorpionhelemets #alpinestars #axo #belstaff #dainese #fieldsheer #five #gerbing #knox #mottowear #revit #sidi #sixs #stylmartin #bmw
TheMicah likes this.

There is always a solution
post #27 of 35 Old 11-05-2019, 09:39 PM

Thanks for all the positive remarks on the RKA tankbag.
Kathy and I manufacture, 3, 10, 13 liter bags that work fine on the GTL.
If you get the bag .... TAKE THE TIME to completely attach it ...your pants fit better when you tighten your belt right? :-)
If you have after market handlebars you can move the bag back.
After manufacturing these tankbags for the GTL since 2011 we STILL hear from riders that say it's impossible ;-)
Here is our "
" video.
NOTE : Rider is a CHIP and owner was not told what we were plaining on doing ;-)
NOTE : We do a LOT for the GTL, Bagger, and GA
Check out our photo gallerys "BMW" Section

Ask here or PM me if you have any questions

Richard
post #28 of 35 Old 11-05-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthling View Post
the Motech looks interesting but what are you putting in this Murse, or is it Turse (tank purse)? That's a serious question BTW. I have never found a need for a tank bag so just wondering what everyone is putting in them. ( I get the convenient way to hold a map use case ).
Maps, tollbooth change, water bottles, snacks, camera, phone, microfiber cloth, pens, notepad, sunglasses, buck knife...

2018 K1600 GT Mars Red Metallic
► There exists a group of people who believe that 2 > 4.
► "I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol." ó Steven Wright
► No government, constitution or law gives you any rights... breathing does.
post #29 of 35 Old 11-05-2019, 10:53 PM

Garage
Love my RKA. After several 10s of 1000s of miles on the K11LT (do not recall exactly when we got it so no idea how many miles it was on the K11) and 105,000 miles on the K16, the main zipper started getting a little sticky and would not always zip together completely. Decided it ws time for a new one. Of course we replaced it with another RKA.

-Stephen! (The rider formerly known as smv)
--
There is NO need to tailgate me when I am doing 50 in a 35 zone... and those flashing lights on top of your car look ridiculous.
post #30 of 35 Old 11-05-2019, 11:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzman View Post
Had to send it back the other day because it didn't seem good with my risers on my 16 GTL. I didn't fully set it up but placing it in position just seemed to contact the kill switch way to easy.
You did not have the bag back far enough. I have the Shiloh 13 liter bag as well as JRyan's bar-backs and have no interference issues...

-Stephen! (The rider formerly known as smv)
--
There is NO need to tailgate me when I am doing 50 in a 35 zone... and those flashing lights on top of your car look ridiculous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page