Replacement for a tank bag / Handlebar bag ! - Page 6 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 53 Old 08-10-2016, 11:04 PM

Garage
To the guys that have the handlebar bags, both the touratech and the wunderlich, are you able to keep your toll pass inside the bag and have it trigger? It would be great to not have to mount it if this works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 53 Old 08-10-2016, 11:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob B. Generic View Post
To the guys that have the handlebar bags, both the touratech and the wunderlich, are you able to keep your toll pass inside the bag and have it trigger? It would be great to not have to mount it if this works.
I ended up buying the Wunderlich with the media window and it's great. I've got a 5A circuit from the PDM60 wired into it to charge the iPhone and power a 5W Kenwood radio. Holds some other "essentials" too.

As far as your toll pass question - I don't know, I've never put my EZPass on the K16. I DID register the K16's license plate with EZPass though so it'll still bill the account even though I don't have the pass on the bike. I don't have to deal with any toll-gate (with the raising bar) type of arrangements, just the roll-through kind and have never had an issue with a ticket for not having it - the system registers the license number and the toll just comes off the account; just like having the EZPass on the bike.

If you don't have to deal with the bar-type toll plazas, I'd investigate if you can just add the license number to your account and do without mounting the toll pass on the bike entirely.

Greg
2014 K1600GT Sport
2016 S1000R
post #53 of 53 Old 08-10-2016, 11:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop96 View Post
I ended up buying the Wunderlich with the media window and it's great. I've got a 5A circuit from the PDM60 wired into it to charge the iPhone and power a 5W Kenwood radio. Holds some other "essentials" too.

As far as your toll pass question - I don't know, I've never put my EZPass on the K16. I DID register the K16's license plate with EZPass though so it'll still bill the account even though I don't have the pass on the bike. I don't have to deal with any toll-gate (with the raising bar) type of arrangements, just the roll-through kind and have never had an issue with a ticket for not having it - the system registers the license number and the toll just comes off the account; just like having the EZPass on the bike.

If you don't have to deal with the bar-type toll plazas, I'd investigate if you can just add the license number to your account and do without mounting the toll pass on the bike entirely.
I have been going back and forth in my mind between the media and regular version of the wunderlich bag. I even wrote them, no response, to see if they were going to release a version of the bag to fit the larger phones since the 6+ and larger samsung phones won't fit. I then thought, well, maybe i'll just keep the toll transponder in the clear window. Then I further thought....yea, a lot of spinning gears but no traction in the brain....anyway, I thought, well, if works in the clear pocket, I would probably work in the bag itself. So I figured I would lean on the brains in the forum.

As for the plate pass. We have that down here and very few gates but in Florida, if you use the transponder, all the tolls are 50%. So I don't mind if a few don't read but many of the tolls are $2+ each and having that 50% adds up pretty quickly.

I know there are a few threads that talk about places to mount it but i was hoping that i could stick it in the handlebar bag and not have to mess with it and still be out of the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page