Motul Shine & Go Tested - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 10-09-2019, 12:08 PM

@Biggrumpy , agree Pledge has been used by bikers, mainly for windscreens, for as many years as I can remember, e.g. +30... But Pledge is oily that smears and requires a bit of buffing to get a shine. Motul isn't oily and takes very little buffing to get desired results. IMHO, no comparison.

Duane

Duane: '12 K1600GT/WL EngineBars//Wilbers/VarioLevers/ cbdaneAmber /BajaDesigns LED/PDM60/Remus Headers/GPR Exhaust/BST Carbon Fiber Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 10-09-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnert View Post
@Biggrumpy , agree Pledge has been used by bikers, mainly for windscreens, for as many years as I can remember, e.g. +30... But Pledge is oily that smears and requires a bit of buffing to get a shine. Motul isn't oily and takes very little buffing to get desired results. IMHO, no comparison.

Duane

This is exactly how I'd describe the difference between the Motul product and the other really good products like Honda Spray Polish (also known as "Original Bike Spirits", Pledge or other products which have been very good for many years. Those products are very effective at cleaning and putting on a nice shine without too much effort. Motul just brings that shine without that little oily residue (which is not terrible), and I like it even more on the matte surfaces.

It is not that the other very good products are difficult to use. The Motul just seems to be even easier.
Gunnert likes this.
post #13 of 17 Old 10-10-2019, 10:17 AM

Hi Guys
Always looking for new product Thanks
I use Lucas Slick Mist on my Mustang and works great, it smells like black licorice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 Old 10-15-2019, 07:25 PM

Well I gave it a shot and I'm impressed - especially on the matte surfaces. Thanks for the recommendation.
post #15 of 17 Old 10-16-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggrumpy View Post
I and many friend have been using lemon pledge for years. The paint on my 03 HD looks brand new and have been using pledge on it since day one. It doesn’t last long but a can goes a long way and is cheap. I always get compliments on how shiny my bikes are.

Decades ago I used to have my bikes painted and pin striped by Damon of Paint by Damon in So CA. He used to do Steve McQueen's bikes, great painter. Anyway he used to tell me "Lemon Pledge the Whole bike!" I did that for years until PLEXUS came along. I'll give the Motul Shine & Go a shot, Certainly cheaper than Plexus
Gunnert likes this.

Last edited by HOGSLYR; 10-16-2019 at 04:35 PM.
post #16 of 17 Old 10-16-2019, 07:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandaldog View Post
Good stuff. I bought a case (12 cans) of this a few years ago and am down to my last of can. I was wondering if the Motul was a similar product. @Gunnert says the Motul's not a cleaner and the Original Bike Spirits, most definitely, is.
Bought two cans of this shortly after reading. I've done two bikes with it now and I love it. Worked as advertised. Thanks for the info!
post #17 of 17 Old 10-27-2019, 06:25 PM

Garage
Always looking for the better mousetrap, I gave it a try. While it does leave a shine, Gunnert's advice is correct. It is not a cleaner.
We are on well water at the house, and my nemesis is water spots. The Motul product has no effect on them. I did a side-by-side comparison on painted surfaces and glass with Motul, Honda Pro Cleaner, and Lemon Pledge.
Only the Motul spray would not remove the water spots.
It's fine if you start with a clean surface. Very little effort required for a shine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page