Help! Better Communicator For C3Pro - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 05-06-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh View Post

I keep this procedure handy for my nav V, schuberth SRC (cardo), and android phone.

I believe it’s the recommended pairing order for the K16, but using this order also makes everything work on my other bike which doesn’t have built in audio. Step 2 doesn’t work for my headset type, but I keep just in case I do switch headsets. This also means Intercom doesn’t work between helmets on K16, but does on other bike because this pairing process reverts back to cardo intercom connection when bike isn’t in the mix
Is the another sheet or step 7? Looks like a continuation exists on the screen shot.

2014 BMW K1600GTLE EXCLUSIVE
2013 BMW Damask Red K1600GTL -SOLD-
2001 Honda C-250 Helix
Smokin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 05-06-2018, 09:25 PM
bkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe View Post
Is the another sheet or step 7? Looks like a continuation exists on the screen shot.

Good catch. There is one more line that rolled over to next page. It just says that led will flash blue slowly when done
post #13 of 16 Old 05-07-2018, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks to all for your replies, very much appreciated!! I suspect what I am trying to do is impossible, but here it is:

1) Pair Helmet 1 to K1600 for music
2) Pair Helmet 1 to iPhone (calls only, no music)
3) Pair Helmet 1 to NAV 5 (directions only, no music)
4) Pair Helmet 1 to Helmet 2 (Intercom)

A Sena rep told me this is possible with the 20 EVO, but from everything I've read, I think the iPhone HAS to be connected to the helmet via the NAV 5. The problem with this set up for me is that the only way I can see to answer a call is to touch the screen of the NAV V. I want to accept the call through the helmet communicator, but to do that, I think I have to give up either the K1600 audio in the headset OR give up hearing directions from the GPS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 Old 05-08-2018, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bluetooth Info From Sena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsawabini View Post
Thanks to all for your replies, very much appreciated!! I suspect what I am trying to do is impossible, but here it is:

1) Pair Helmet 1 to K1600 for music
2) Pair Helmet 1 to iPhone (calls only, no music)
3) Pair Helmet 1 to NAV 5 (directions only, no music)
4) Pair Helmet 1 to Helmet 2 (Intercom)

A Sena rep told me this is possible with the 20 EVO, but from everything I've read, I think the iPhone HAS to be connected to the helmet via the NAV 5. The problem with this set up for me is that the only way I can see to answer a call is to touch the screen of the NAV V. I want to accept the call through the helmet communicator, but to do that, I think I have to give up either the K1600 audio in the headset OR give up hearing directions from the GPS.
I double checked with Sena and got the reply below. It seems that with the 20s, you do NOT have to connect the phone through the NAV!
--------------------------------------
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Sena Tech Support, I apologize to hear that the unit is not working properly.
We Appreciate that you contact us, please bear with our questions this is just to isolate the problem and resolve the Issue quickly.

The 20S can support 2x HFP and 2X A2DP.
The bike that you have is that the BMW K1600GT, BMW K1600GTL??

We can pair your GPS using GPS pairing (A2DP)
pair the Phone using 1X HFP (Phone Selective no media)
and your Bike system using Phone Pairing (Using Both HFP and A2DP)

The 20S to your Bike

1. Turn on the 20S and press the Phone Button for 5 seconds until the LED flashes red and blue alternately and you hear multiple beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Phone pairing”.
2. Search for Bluetooth devices on your bike. Select the Sena 20S in the list of the devices detected

The 20S to your Nav

1. Turn on the headset and press the Jog Dial for 6 seconds until the red LED is rapidly flashing and you hear multiple beeps.
2. Within 2 seconds, tap the Phone Button and hear the voice prompt, “Second mobile phone pairing”. Again within 2 seconds, tap the Phone Button and the LED turns to green flashing and the beeps turn to multiple mid-toned beeps. You will hear the voice prompt, “GPS pairing”.

The 20S to your phone

1. Turn on the headset and press the Phone Button for 5 seconds until the LED flashes red and blue alternately and you hear multiple beeps.
2. Within 2 seconds, tap the Phone Button again, then the LED turns to blue flashing and the beeps turn to multiple mid-tone beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Phone selective pairing

Regards,
Tony
Sena Technologies.
post #15 of 16 Old 05-08-2018, 02:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsawabini View Post
I double checked with Sena and got the reply below. It seems that with the 20s, you do NOT have to connect the phone through the NAV!
--------------------------------------
Hello,

pair the Phone using 1X HFP (Phone Selective no media)

But what about if you want to listen to music thats on your phone. Actually in my case they are podcasts. I subscribe to several and it would be a pain to port them over to a USB stick.

2013 Graphite GTL
PDM60
Amber Running Lights
Schroedie roundels
post #16 of 16 Old 05-08-2018, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I am not 100% certain, but I suspect you may have two options: 1) not pair the headset to the bike and instead set up the phone as HFP and A2DP OR 2) Pair the phone to the headset through the NAV since that should enable you to control music from the phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page