Help, Advice on Best bluetooth system - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 05-31-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSpin View Post
Hi Joe (BWMGuy), Are you saying that you have the same setup as what I have, The Shuberth and BMW Comm. system? The reason I ask is because I am electronics challenged and setting it up was a chore. I am wondering if I didn't do something I was supposed to do, idk. Eddie

Yes. Schuberth C3 Pro with the BMW SRC.
What kind of problems are you having?
FWIW: Pairing sequence seems to be critical.
1) Delete all pairings from every device.
2) Pair the bike to the helmet.
3)Pair the GPS to the helmet.
4)Pair your phone to the GPS.

Have fun!

Joe

Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 05-31-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler358 View Post
Im not needing to do that. The system works fine whatever I power up first.
I wish that were so for me. It's about 20% of the time that it does not connect. Not a huge deal. Just power down the bike and repower. Only take a few seconds.

K1600B - returned to BMW by Court order.
IBA # 42277
Sold - Ducati Multistrada 1200S, F800GS, S1000RR, K1600GTL's, R1200GSA, CB600R, GL1800, R1200RS, K75S, etc.
post #13 of 17 Old 05-31-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster View Post
I wish that were so for me. It's about 20% of the time that it does not connect. Not a huge deal. Just power down the bike and repower. Only take a few seconds.
I should note that I currently have a 2017 R1200 RT. So that could make a difference, but the Alpine audio systems are the same. Maybe check with your dealer to see if the bike has all the current software updates?

Ron - Torrance, CA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 Old 05-31-2018, 07:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster View Post
FYI, you can actually get by with powering off just the media/radio. That shuts down the BT hardware and it reconnects when you turn it on. No need to actually power the entire bike off/on.
post #15 of 17 Old 05-31-2018, 08:09 PM

Just picked up my first ever bluetooth set....a Scala Rider Packtalk Bold. Voice commands for most functions (radio on/off, volume up/down, speed dial, next station, etc.) Lots of fun to play with and no problem pairing it to the bike. Waterproof too. I do understand the complaints about BMW's bluetooth sound quality....XM radio sounds scratchy, but the built in FM on the headset sounds pretty decent. Gonna install the second unit in the wife's helmet and see how it goes with the intercom.

2018 K1600GA
2019 HD Road Glide

2006 TW200 (the wife's)
post #16 of 17 Old 05-31-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSpin View Post
Hi, I don't usually post much on the forum but I gain a wealth of information reading all of the informative posts and replies here.
That said I have a 2016 K1600 GT, I wear a Shuberth helmet, I had the BMW Comm system installed in my helmet last year and its horrible. If you were to buy a communication system in your helmet right now, today, what would it be. I ride solo so the intercom feature isn't too important. I am looking for the best system to listen to music, hear my GPS 5 and hear my phone. Can somebody please guide me in the right direction. I am going to Lake George Americade Rally next week and the vendor area usually has a pretty good mix of vendors with the different communication systems as most of you know. I am looking to purchase a new system but I am tired of wasting my money on things that don't work well. Thank you, appreciate any help.
I bought my C4 with a SC1 Advanced last fall and am super happy.
It is all integrated and I can get music, GPS phone (I never take calls on rides) and my friends say the intercom works well... I am usually solo so can't comment on the intercom.

I have no complaints, and would recommend the C4/SC1
BMWGuy likes this.
post #17 of 17 Old 05-31-2018, 10:15 PM

Garage
Sena 10s does it for me. I went through all the gyrations on my previous 2014 with a Sena 10 BT transmitter, updates speakers, ground loop isolators and what not to 'improve' the sound etc.

Scrapped all of this with the 2018 and on the rare occasion I listen to music I am happy with the BMW BT system. Once in a while a phone call fails but I can live with that. Connections are reliable,
Sena 10s paired to BMW BT as mobile phone I
Navigator 6 paired to 10s as mobile phone II
iPhone 7 paired to NAV &

Done

2018 BMW K1600 GT
1967 HD FL Police
2018 BMW K1600 GTL (sold)

2014 BMW K1600 GTL (sold)
2005-2014 5 HD ElectraGlides (sold)
2003 HD Softail (sold)
1973-1982 various jalopies (gone)

'You know that the world is going to hll if they have to print instructions on a bag of toothpicks'
After Douglas Adams RIP

Last edited by ViennaK; 05-31-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page