Sena 50 series, Coming Soon - Page 3 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 Old 11-07-2019, 06:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to Geoff_3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLen View Post
The Cardo Packtalk and Packtalk Bold come with an optional mic on a thin wire. You can fix it to the inside of your helmet out of the wind and avoid the stalk mounted mike hanging in front of your chin.
I have seen the Packtalk Bold and done some research on them and if I were to buy a new system and Helmet I would be going with the Cardo system. Thanks, GTLen.

2019 BMW k1600GTL: 2019 BMW R1250RT: 2018 Indian Road Master: 2017 BMW K1600GTL: 2016 BMW R1200RT:
2013 Victory Cross Roads Classic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 11-07-2019, 07:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger Man View Post
My 30k wonít even answer me. Took it to the Sena booth at the BMW rally in Lebanon they hooked it up to one of their headsets and pronounced it was good. Tried on the way home it worked for 10 minutes and then nothing. Hello Sena..........silence. Took on my trip out to Colorado and it never did answer a command. Hello Cardo ?
Will it work while you are stopped? Also try moving the mic to right in front of your lips.

Having Cardo PTB for a couple of seasons now you get to both know its quirks and appreciate its capabilities. One thing that I find amazing is the noise cancellation. Even the guys who ride with low windscreens, salad bowl helmets, and boom mics are perfectly clear while communicating. The quirk is that the cardo dials into the wind noise. Sudden bursts of wind noise will sneak through occasionally and you can tell when you are talking to a rider who has an exposed mic as they come through somewhat quieter than the riders wearing full face helmets. I have to assume that this is a byproduct of wind noise management and the software where the software has to isolate the voice (All sound-windnoise=voice). In any case that makes me think that maybe the sena isn't handling windnoise well in your situation and just cannot pick up your voice out of the background. Maybe..
MWNahas likes this.

2012 BMW K1600GTL
post #23 of 24 Old 11-07-2019, 04:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Coleman View Post
I didnít see any mention of an aux jack for for earbuds.
The 50K uses the same base mount unit as the 20s, 20Evo and 30K. The Aux jack for the earbuds is in the base mount, not the main unit.
Snurtle and Ron Coleman like this.

Andy
2015 K1600GTS (aka KBiK)
ALTRider Engine Guard and Illium Rear Tip-Over Bars. Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector and SPOT Gen 3
TopSpeed LED high beam bulbs, Clearwater Ericas and Darlas, Billie Brake Light with CANopener 4. Skene P3 Rear Brake Lights and Photon Blaster Turn signals with PDM60. Sargent Seat.
Scuberth C4 Pro, Helite vest with Hi-Viz, Aerostich Roadcrafter Lite suit

2012 Yamaha Supere Tenere (Traded for GT)
2005 Honda ST1300A (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 Old 11-09-2019, 12:36 PM

Garage
I was hoping the 50 would have a command to link to Help Desk Andy.

"Ok Andy" "how do I connect to Ron?"
Ron Coleman likes this.

Paul
1984 Honda V65 Magna
1985 BMW K100RT
2011 BMW K1600GTL - gone
2018 BMW K1600GTL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page