BMW K1600 Forum banner

No Akrapovic for the B

17K views 50 replies 30 participants last post by  the Jacobite 
#1 ·
I contacted Akrapovic the other day and asked if they had plans for an exhaust for the B/GA models and they said they do not have plans for an exhaust either model. I refuse to pay $2100+ for the Remus, so hopefully Fullsac or others will offer something more realistically priced.

#9 ·
Do you have more info with regard to drilling the stock pipe and a sound clip please.
Info like instructions and maybe a pic. Also the size of the drill bit please.
How would you say it sounds compared to the remus on you tube.
Thank you bud

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#3 ·
If you had an issue with the Remus price then be glad Akrapovic isn't entering the market; you'd have choked at their price...

Duane

#8 ·
I am going out on a limb here by guessing you guys came off of Harleys. ;)

I thought about the Remus briefly. In my mind, I put myself on a long trip with the din of a performance engine in my head for maybe 14 hours.

I kinda like the stealthy stylings of my Grand. I will not stay behind straights or tuned pipes; these folks will hear my exhaust first.

All that said, I get it; the throaty sound of a real engine is alluring. It will also be a thing of the past in 50 years or so, giving way to motors.

#13 ·
+1 for wishing Steve at Fullsac would make some baffles for the B.

I had some fullsacs in my stock HD pipes. Great sound when you got on it but reasonable when light on the throttle.

Reactions: Scott Titensor
#26 ·
I have factory Akras on my GT, my preference are The Akras, The stock cans, and last place for me are the Remus. The Remus sound ok, but the appearance isn't for me, to each his own I guess.

#15 ·
I personally don't think the picture of the Akrapovic on the B is much of an appearence improvement over the stock chrome pipes. Wasn't a big fan of the stock set up and knew before I wrote the check for the bike that the Remus pipes were a probability. Love them and would do them again but it would have been nice to have more than one option to choose from.

#17 ·
I just installed these: https://www.maxtorquecans.com
I really like them, I'm an old superbike rider, these remind me of super bike pipes so I love the look. I know not all will like this look, but the stock pipes are way to large in my opinion. The B is a power cruiser so these just look right to me. They are about 8 lbs each side. I weighed the stock mufflers with digital scale, 19 lbs each side!!! So I dropped 22 lbs off the motorcycle!! Sound amazing! Removeable baffels also. Really lets the 6 sound like it should, not stock like a sewing machine!! Love that sound, change the ride and puts smile on when you let the 6 sing!!
I wanted the Remus, but couldnt bring myself to spend 2 grand on some black pipes. These were around $850.00 with shipping. Made in UK.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#28 · (Edited)
@dobervol, I have GPR exhaust. Had the connecting pipe ceramic coated black. I removed the emblems. Less than half the price of Remus...

Duane

Attachments

Reactions: dobervol
#30 ·
Duane, that's a pic of stock wheel and carbon, correct? Did wheels used to come color matched to bike? Or, I assume, you painted them? Just curious.

Reactions: Gunnert
#29 ·
The only reason I would consider swapping out the stock cans would be to gain better access to the tire valve stem. Stockers are so large and low that I have to lay down to get my gage and hose up in there.:eek:ld:

#34 ·
@dobervol, I did drill the rivets out. Installed new rivets with a rivet gun to fill the holes.

Duane

Reactions: dobervol
#37 ·
Akrapovik just announced a new exhaust system for the 18/19 k16 b and ba. The part number is S-B16SO3-HRAATBL
I have contacted them to get some pricing and availability info from them but just got a dumb note giving me a link to their website.
You can find the system on their website with pictures on the bike and I must say it looks much much better than the ugly organ pipes from Remus. It also has proper heat shields on the sides for a nicely finished look.

Unfortunately there is no source where you can buy it or how much it costs. I guess they are not too interested in the market place or they are asleep at the switch.

If anyBody can find more info please respond in this forum or send me a pm.

Thanks

Reactions: Andaman
#38 ·
finally got some info from Akrapovik. Their system is about to be announced for the US market, will cost USD 2295.00 and will be available thru your local BMW dealer, also in CA. It's CARB certified. IMO too expensive, but no worse than Remus and not nearly as ugly.
Most likely it will sound better than the tin can sound of the Remus as it has a replaceable packing kit available which IMO seems to indicate that in time the sound will change some, either to once liking or not.

Too bad the Japanese are not getting into the game. They (Yoshi and others) seem to be able to produce quality systems for Yamaha, Honda, etc. for around half the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.