Five Ways to Keep Your Motorcycle from Being Stolen - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 09-14-2019, 09:44 AM

Does her mom have a sister?

1970 R75/5 White
1978 R100/7 Red
1952 R50/2 White
1984 R100RT Red
1994 K1100LT Red
2013 K1600GTL Red
Too many 3 & 4 wheelers & dirt bikes to remember
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 09-14-2019, 10:04 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmatt01 View Post
Or carry a couple of guard dogs in your saddle bags, pop the latches when you walk away. Voila!

I used to drive around in a Jeep CJ in Texas when I was younger and had a Doberman that would lay down behind the front seats...you couldn't see him until you got right up on the side, then he would stand up...seen some pretty funny reactions over the years. I could have left a bag of money in there and it would have still been there when I got back...loved that dog
jjscsix likes this.
post #13 of 17 Old 09-14-2019, 10:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Jim View Post
Mount a large frame pistol holster on your handle bars. that will keep them guessing.

I saw these down your way, up on Lemon Mt. outside Tucson...that is an M4 mounted on the rear...I need one of these
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0852.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	356.7 KB
ID:	132268  
Megawatt155 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 Old 10-02-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel1502 View Post
I saw these down your way, up on Lemon Mt. outside Tucson...that is an M4 mounted on the rear...I need one of these
Yes, that would deter them from stealing your bike, and focus their attention on just stealing the M4.

Supposedly, Ben Franklin said beer is proof God wants us to be happy. So, does my love of beer mean I'm closer to Him?
post #15 of 17 Old 10-03-2019, 01:05 AM

The bike cops in Prescott, AZ have a great side mount below the throttle on their bikes. Quick access and looks really cool. Got me thinking of a few ways to mount a toy or two.
post #16 of 17 Old 10-03-2019, 01:40 PM

Garage
@MotoZen , if she is really your girlfriend, I would want to steal your bike. Address please?
post #17 of 17 Old 10-03-2019, 02:01 PM

Garage
5 different ways to keep your bike from being stolen (why does the original link go to ebay)

To make your bike less attractive to being stolen (nothing will stop them if they truly want it)

1. Put a flashing red LED somewhere prominent on your bike. Thieves are lazy, and look for low risk opportunities. (I have a friend that does this)
  2. Bring a phony camera on a magnetic mount, a stick, and park next to a light standard. Put the phony camera on the light standard using the stick and magnetic mount (ditto, friend did this in the garage where he parks)
  3. Carry a bottle of used oil, squirt it directly under your bike where you park and a little on the engine casing to add the 'drip effect
  4. Carry a bottle of Skunk scent, spray the ground directly around your bike but make sure you don't actually get any on your bike.
  5. Put it under a harley cover, but make sure you have a hells angels patch in a prominent place. HDs are everywhere and the thief will look for one that is less risky
  6. Cover up the BMW emblems with Moto Guzzi emblems. Nobody wants that repair hassle.

2012 BMW K1600GTL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page