Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? - Page 18 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #171 of 175 Old 04-03-2019, 08:50 AM

Garage
I prefer louder bikes because the sound helps me echo-locate when I'm in traffic. The sound of the bike bouncing off of the glass, rubber, cement, and metal around me helps me gauge my proximity and relationship to it all, and enables me to make informed decisions about getting away from it.

The sword, is the best weapon of all. Two sharp edges and a long spine. The blade is very thin. And is easily damaged, you remember that. The vital thing is the point. Pay special attention to it. Your life can depend on it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 175 Old 04-03-2019, 11:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAGUE View Post
I prefer louder bikes because the sound helps me echo-locate when I'm in traffic. The sound of the bike bouncing off of the glass, rubber, cement, and metal around me helps me gauge my proximity and relationship to it all, and enables me to make informed decisions about getting away from it.
Where can the rest of us get that "bat" mod? Do you drill ear holes in your helmet (football-style) to let you best use this amazing adaptation?

Greg
2014 K1600GT Sport
2016 S1000R
post #173 of 175 Old 04-03-2019, 03:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop96 View Post
Where can the rest of us get that "bat" mod? Do you drill ear holes in your helmet (football-style) to let you best use this amazing adaptation?
As funny as this concept is, I have a relatable story...

Way back when, in my less-educated youth, I was riding my K75s sans helmet down I-90 in Montana. A small sedan was in the process of making an extremely SLOW pass in the left lane and got stuck in my blind spot for a while. I wasn't paying much attention to them but suddenly I heard the shshh-shshhh-shshh of their right front tire riding over the dashed lines separating our lanes. I instinctively took evasive action (throttle and swerve) and looked over my shoulder at the same time only to see this idiot continue their lane change right into the space I was just occupying. If this same situation were to happen today* with my full-face helmet and ear buds, I would never hear them coming.

*It won't happen today because I do not allow a vehicle to remain in my blind spot more than absolutely necessary and even then I am constantly monitoring their position with head checks and mirror bobbing...

-Stephen! (The rider formerly known as smv)
--
There is NO need to tailgate me when I am doing 50 in a 35 zone... and those flashing lights on top of your car look ridiculous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 175 Old 04-03-2019, 11:35 PM

Sounds like you need to carry a can of Car Spray...

TarkusNY and StephenV like this.

Ken IBA# 366
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD
Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from . . .

Last edited by Meese; 04-03-2019 at 11:38 PM.
post #175 of 175 Old 04-04-2019, 04:11 PM

Garage
I saw somewhere "bat mod" could be acquired by being tossed into a well full of bats and left there for a couple of days.

The sword, is the best weapon of all. Two sharp edges and a long spine. The blade is very thin. And is easily damaged, you remember that. The vital thing is the point. Pay special attention to it. Your life can depend on it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page