Hydration - A great Water Bottle - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 Old 05-08-2016, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Hydration - A great Water Bottle

I think a member of this forum told about this water bottle and I ordered it but until today, did not put it to a test. I've got to say that it is great for a day trip. It fits in the bicycle bottle holder that I installed on my GTL and the only problem that I has was that I added too much ice to it !

It is called : Hydracentials Water Bottle

Amazon Amazon

After several hours the ice had not melted very much and I was out of liquid. One or two ice cubes would have been more than enough. It has a built in straw that really works well, hold about 24 oz and really keeps the liquid cold. I paid about $25.00 and it was well worth it.
exHarley Rider likes this.

2012 Grey K1600GTL
Tampa, Florida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 05-08-2016, 06:36 PM

Good call just ordered a couple

Jim
post #3 of 42 Old 05-08-2016, 06:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDiver View Post
... It fits in the bicycle bottle holder that I installed on my GTL ...
Pics?

Rich

2016 K1600GTL Exclusive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 Old 05-08-2016, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

pictures

Here ya go....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hydration 2016 002-001.JPG
Views:	483
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	59914   Click image for larger version

Name:	hydration 2016 003.JPG
Views:	618
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	59922  

2012 Grey K1600GTL
Tampa, Florida
post #5 of 42 Old 05-08-2016, 07:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDiver View Post
Here ya go....
Dan, your holder looks like the bicycle water holders @ Wallyworld. (I have one mounted just like yours). However your water bottle is insulated and think I'll try one. Thanks for the lead.
DanDiver likes this.

Clay
2012 GTL
2003 LT
2001 Harley T-Sport
2001 Harley T-Sport (crashed @ Tortilla Flats)
post #6 of 42 Old 05-08-2016, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

I have found that a cool sip of water on a hot day really refreshes me and I hate to have to stop and open up a cooler. This bottle keeps any liquid cold and it is very easy to drink with my flip helmet. It's a very simple bottle holder, but I did have to force the bottle in the first time because the base of the bottle is a little larger than the standard bottle holder. If I can locate a larger bottom bottle holder, I'll replace the one that I have. I needed a longer screw (got at Home Depo) to replace the one that was on the bike to account for the distance difference and a large flat washer to reduce the vibration.

2012 Grey K1600GTL
Tampa, Florida
post #7 of 42 Old 05-08-2016, 08:16 PM

Garage
Check out the Contigo brand water bottle at Walmart. It to is well insulated and has a built in straw. I think it's around $18. I found it in the kitchen ware section not back in automotive where you'd think it might be. It's labeled as keeping the ice from melting for 18 hours. I don't think it will keep the ice that long on the motorcycle but mine does keep it until I drank all the water under normal riding conditions. I did have to make as small V cut at the bottom of the straw other wise when it touched the bottom of the bottle it sealed itself off and I couldn't suck the water up. Now it works just fine.
Also fill with water before you put the ice in. The first time I used it I put the ice in first and then the water and the ice froze up into one clump and I couldn't push the straw down inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views:	190
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	59930   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3945.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	59938   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3947.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	59946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3948.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	59954  
cdc likes this.

2016 Glacier Silver/matte blue vinyl wrap GTL
1975 Daytona Orange R90S
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650
IBA#9293 BMWRA#41092 BMWMOA#185857
2004 Red Corvette
2005 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler
post #8 of 42 Old 05-08-2016, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

That looks very similar, costs less and cutting the straw at the bottom is a great idea. Mine came with several extra and holds a little bit more water. They will really make a difference as the weather heats up. I just hate warm water but a cool sip really is refreshing.

2012 Grey K1600GTL
Tampa, Florida
post #9 of 42 Old 05-08-2016, 08:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Jim View Post
Check out the Contigo brand water bottle at Walmart. It to is well insulated and has a built in straw. I think it's around $18. I found it in the kitchen ware section not back in automotive where you'd think it might be. It's labeled as keeping the ice from melting for 18 hours. I don't think it will keep the ice that long on the motorcycle but mine does keep it until I drank all the water under normal riding conditions. I did have to make as small V cut at the bottom of the straw other wise when it touched the bottom of the bottle it sealed itself off and I couldn't suck the water up. Now it works just fine.
Also fill with water before you put the ice in. The first time I used it I put the ice in first and then the water and the ice froze up into one clump and I couldn't push the straw down inside.
Jim, that's the one I think I got with the bicycle bottle holder. The thing is, mine is not insulated and I cannot get out of Phoenix before the contents get quite warm. Thus, this insulated one looks promising. FWIW,

Edit: Jim, on further inspection, mine is also from Wallymart, but is made by Outdoor products. I'll shoot over manana and see if I can find the one you have here in the valley. (Unless you ordered it on line?)

Clay
2012 GTL
2003 LT
2001 Harley T-Sport
2001 Harley T-Sport (crashed @ Tortilla Flats)

Last edited by gooddog; 05-08-2016 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Wrong produce ID
post #10 of 42 Old 05-08-2016, 09:39 PM

With a water bottle like that, you could run a tube up to the top of your helmet and just take a shower while you are working on that steel-butt cannon run.

I buy the cheaper bottle water at the convenient store, put it inside my tank bag. On the fly, I use the cruise control take a glove off, pop the modular up, uncrew the cap, take a sip, screw the cap back on, zip the tank bag close again...

....come think of it, that water bottle is great idea, thanks for sharing that.
DanDiver likes this.

...If it wasn't for a Supernova, I wouldn't even be here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page