Corbin seat advice please - Page 3 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 Old 11-13-2019, 04:02 PM

I know I am resurrecting an old post, but I thought i would offer my opinion

First the old Corbin saddle is hard as a rock. They still sell it, but you can order the new soft foam. Night and day difference

I have had an RDL on my M109 and Victory CCT. Best seat ever

When I bought a 14 Valkerie I got the new Corbin foam and asked them to widen the seat as much as possible.
Awesome seat! I could ride all day with no issues.

Now I just got the tour for the K1600GT and they move you back and I am already having an issue reaching with Helibar risers. The backrest is no beuno. They are exchanging it, but I am skeptical
No return policy so I am screwed if it doesn't work.

As far as customer service they have always responded well, but if you say I want a return they will shut you down. It does not say anywhere on their website what their return policy is. Once you place your order and they charge your CC they send you an invoice and only then do you see no returns. So buyer beware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 Old 11-14-2019, 07:25 AM

I have a 2018 Grand America the stock seat was very uncomfortable for me, I purchased a Corbin seat very comfortable and not like a brick as read previously. I installed heli bar risers and with the Corbin seat it fits me perfectly. Long distance rides are not an issue at all. Just my opinion on the Corbin product.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181105_084024781_1573730664250.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	133958  
post #23 of 27 Old 11-14-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave GA View Post
I know I am resurrecting an old post, but I thought i would offer my opinion

First the old Corbin saddle is hard as a rock. They still sell it, but you can order the new soft foam. Night and day difference

I have had an RDL on my M109 and Victory CCT. Best seat ever

When I bought a 14 Valkerie I got the new Corbin foam and asked them to widen the seat as much as possible.
Awesome seat! I could ride all day with no issues.

Now I just got the tour for the K1600GT and they move you back and I am already having an issue reaching with Helibar risers. The backrest is no beuno. They are exchanging it, but I am skeptical
No return policy so I am screwed if it doesn't work.

As far as customer service they have always responded well, but if you say I want a return they will shut you down. It does not say anywhere on their website what their return policy is. Once you place your order and they charge your CC they send you an invoice and only then do you see no returns. So buyer beware.
I am glad you posted that because I was almost going to go with the RDL, until I discovered that previous owner had put Wunderlich bar risers on. I removed them, raised my seat even though I'm only 6' and took the rubber off the driver footpeg, and now I am good. Had I paid $800 for the RDL, found that the seat is moved back on a sports bike affecting my reach, I would have been one unhappy dude. Thank you. By the way, I've been looking at Hornig, they will customize your seat, for $189. Put on a new slip proof cover without seams, and other stuff. For now I am good, but plan to do some long distance tours next year starting with Daytona Beach and then a 3 month stint in Europe or Argentina, depending on the weather there.

https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.c...Rear-Seat.html

Last edited by ksam; 11-14-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 Old 11-14-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
OK got it, I will get the Russell. I had Russell on my ST1300 and it really was a great day long seat. I don't like the look of the "wings" on the side of the Russell, but comfort is critical so I will go with what I know.

Thanks very much for the info!
Arkie

Yeah, I know, right? The fat rolls on the RDL I couldn't get used to either. I am used to waiting until the fat lady sings, but riding the fat lady I'd feel like an abuser of an organic being.
post #25 of 27 Old 11-14-2019, 02:55 PM

What about the Sargent seat how does it compare to Corbin?
post #26 of 27 Old 11-14-2019, 03:30 PM

Garage
Has anyone purchased one of these? https://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-A...1600-GTL-EXCL/ I discovered this Site yesterday. Pricey, but I like what I see. Anyone out here on this Site that has first-hand experience?
MWNahas likes this.

West Michigan Rider
post #27 of 27 Old 11-19-2019, 04:14 PM

Had a Corbin Smuggler on my 2012 GTL. Seat concept was outstanding. Little trunk provided a lot of room for "stuff" and was easily accessible. However, the seat was the most uncomfortable seat I have ever owned on a motorcycle. No crotch room at all....

I have owned several Corbin seats on prior HD motorcycles. Looked good, built well, and fairly comfortable.

Went with a RDL on my new K1600B. Feel like I'm riding on a recliner. Unbelievable comfort. Got the Sunbrella fabric, small diamond stitch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190906_105434.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	134110  

Last edited by toneyfitz99; 11-19-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page