Schuberth SC1-A Firmware update available - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 02-20-2018, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Schuberth SC1-A Firmware update available

Curious if anyone knew what is in it? Looks like a V1.1 is now available. (But I can't find any readme or documentation anywhere that describes the fixes/enhancements)
Geoff_3 likes this.

2012 Blue GTL - RDL seat. Ztechnik tall windshield. F2P. CEE bailey bag liners. Illiumworks Highway Pegs, BMW Engine Bars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-20-2018, 08:32 AM

I don't know all that was changed with the 1.1 update. I do know that I switched back to the 1.0 version because the max volume level is restricted on 1.1. There is a noticeable difference. Discussed with Sena tech on the phone. He said that Schuberth requested the max volume be lowered and suggested if I didn't like it to switch back to 1.0.

There is a strange relationship between Sena & Schuberth. It appears that Schuberth tells Sena what to do, even though Sena might disagree. My complaints about the performance of the SC1 are now being sent to Schuberth. Maybe if Schuberth gets an earful of the SC1 shortcomings they will then instruct Sena to make changes.

Steve
Geoff_3 likes this.

2006 Harley Road Glide
2011 BMW R1200GSA
2016 BMW K1600 GTLE
post #3 of 15 Old 02-20-2018, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
I don't know all that was changed with the 1.1 update. I do know that I switched back to the 1.0 version because the max volume level is restricted on 1.1. There is a noticeable difference. Discussed with Sena tech on the phone. He said that Schuberth requested the max volume be lowered and suggested if I didn't like it to switch back to 1.0.

There is a strange relationship between Sena & Schuberth. It appears that Schuberth tells Sena what to do, even though Sena might disagree. My complaints about the performance of the SC1 are now being sent to Schuberth. Maybe if Schuberth gets an earful of the SC1 shortcomings they will then instruct Sena to make changes.

Steve

Yeah, talked to Sena reps at moa rally and it was definately a different vibe. .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Geoff_3 likes this.

2012 Blue GTL - RDL seat. Ztechnik tall windshield. F2P. CEE bailey bag liners. Illiumworks Highway Pegs, BMW Engine Bars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 02-20-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmftoy1 View Post
Yeah, talked to Sena reps at moa rally and it was definately a different vibe. .

What was the different vibe you experienced? Do you mean the vibe between Sena and Schuberth? Just curious...

I love the C4 helmet. I anticipated issues with the SC1. I am hoping the issues can be resolved.

Steve
Geoff_3 likes this.

2006 Harley Road Glide
2011 BMW R1200GSA
2016 BMW K1600 GTLE
post #5 of 15 Old 02-20-2018, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

I asked the same guys Iíve been talking to for years about the bike-bike issues I was experiencing (generally love the sc1a for my uses - only real complaint is intercom). We talked through it and I made the comment that I figured they would issue a firmware update like every other Sena product Iíve owned to iron out the bugs. The facial expressions and body language were what youíd see asking your wife if you could buy an additional 30k bike two weeks after the first - best way I could describe it. . .

Geoff_3 likes this.

post #6 of 15 Old 03-02-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmftoy1 View Post
I asked the same guys Iíve been talking to for years about the bike-bike issues I was experiencing (generally love the sc1a for my uses - only real complaint is intercom). We talked through it and I made the comment that I figured they would issue a firmware update like every other Sena product Iíve owned to iron out the bugs. The facial expressions and body language were what youíd see asking your wife if you could buy an additional 30k bike two weeks after the first - best way I could describe it. . .

Where can you download firmware 1.0 for SC1A? Thanks
Geoff_3 likes this.
post #7 of 15 Old 03-05-2018, 09:01 AM

Guys youíre very nice when you talk about the SC1, personally I believe itís the biggest POS radio Iíve ever owned. We canít talk bike to bike because the receiving person canít understand a word youíre saying.
Iíve talked to my supplier and everyone of the salesmen Iíve talked to says they donít recommend the SC1 because of the problems they are having with it. I sure donít remember them telling me not to buy it though.
I think Schuberth should stick to helmets and not get into the radio business, this is the second time they struck out with a radio.
post #8 of 15 Old 03-05-2018, 11:10 AM

It's a two-step process. You need the app for the computer and the firmware to install on the headset using the app.

I was able to do this two days ago by getting the application software for my mac from this site: https://oem.sena.com/oem-schuberth/

Today I went to the above site and received a "502 bad gateway" response. Hopefully they'll get it back online soon. Sena has another application manager for their other devices, but it won't work for the SC1.

Once you get the application for your computer, the helmet needs to be connected to the computer to install the firmware. It's not the most friendly app, but it does work (at least for my mac).

Good luck!
post #9 of 15 Old 03-05-2018, 01:12 PM

According to the Schuberth support forum, firmware release 1.1 reduces volume levels to better support the new, thinner speakers built into the C4 production starting 2018. If you have the "older" C4, you don't need it. In addition, you can set VOX sensitivity now (3 levels low-med-high)

Current: 2014 BMW K1600 GTL Exclusive 2012 Silver BMW C650 GT
History: HD Ultra Classic CVO, HD Heritage Softail, Honda 1100 ACE, Honda Spacy 125, Suzuki XT 125, Puch Maxi
Our most frequent mistake is to believe that others think the same as we do.

Last edited by HDBeemer; 03-05-2018 at 03:04 PM.
post #10 of 15 Old 03-06-2018, 07:56 PM

I learned another trick from some research on the iPhone. If you turn on the equalizer in the music settings and choose "Late Night," the phone puts out a little more volume.

Tried it today with firmware 1.1 on my new (2/18 build date) C4 helmet and had plenty of volume with the helmet mostly in the open air. Playing music through the Nav VI.
dmftoy1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page