Riding School - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 03-13-2018, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Signed up for the California Super Bike School at the Ridge Motorsports Park in Washington in July. I can't wait. Anybody else going??
J-Luv likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 03-14-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomberoman View Post
Signed up for the California Super Bike School at the Ridge Motorsports Park in Washington in July. I can't wait. Anybody else going??
You won't be disappointed. CSS is the most professionally run organization I've ever experienced with absolutely no detail left unattended and the instructors are not just riders who know how to ride well, but a big part of becoming a CSS rider coach is learning to be an educator and apply a proper, differentiated style of teaching that matches with the students learning style. You'll never hear a CSS coach say "You did that wrong." They'll ask a lot of questions about what you were doing, what were you thinking, where were you looking, etc and then provide gentle hints or references back to what was talked about in the classroom. In other words they lead you to the answers you're looking for instead of trying to force the knowledge into your head. That's state of the art teaching right there.

CSS is not a racing school (though they do have a racing school called Code RACE) and they describe themselves as a cornering school. Even if you never want to race or even do track days, or for that matter ride any faster than you already do, they'll still teach you to corner a motorcycle with more safety margin than you ever realized was possible. You might say, "well, I ride slow enough to be safe." That would be one answer but not the best one. Where you're looking in a corner, understanding how the cornering of the bike can be affected by throttle and braking, and most importantly, understanding all of your common survival reactions and how your reptile brain responds to them is all part of what you'll get at the school and you'll be a safer rider at any speed after the school.

I've done two of their two day camps going through Levels 1 through 4 and have gone back multiple times as a level 4 repeat to get customized training. I haven't done the other schools though I am thinking about going up to the Nick Ienatsch Yamaha Champions school at NJMP this summer. I have no doubt the information posted here about CLASS and others is right on.
Rick92040, Gunnert and Bomberoman like this.

'12 K1600GT (gone but not forgotten)
'13 S1000RR (sold it to Allstate)
'14 KLR 650 New Edition (gone and thanks for the memories)
'16 R1200GS Triple Black (for all of it)
'16 KTM Super Duke 1290 R (for the inner hooligan in me)
'18 WR250R (for all of it...but slower)
post #13 of 13 Old 11-12-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLen View Post
Lee Parks Total Control is a great starting place. Do the first level before going to the Reg Pridmore or Superbike programs. Get the basics in a non racecourse setting done and the track oriented programs will take you to a level that you couldnít get to without the first level of training.

I just completed the Lee Parks Total Control Advanced Riders Course 1 this past Saturday. Very comprehensive in nature and well worth the money. First time at a professional school after over 40 plus years of riding. Increased my thirst for more formal training!! Obviously riding season is ending in many parts of the country...when you get the chance, if you have not been, go to the class of your choice. You will love it and ride away with appropriate confidence and a sense of accomplishment.

Thanks for the specific class level recommendation Duane.
Gunnert and maybeinoregon like this.

Tom
2018, K1600GT, Mars Red
2015 K1600GT (sold)
2012 K1600GT (sold)

Last edited by Thomas; 11-12-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page