K1600B Sargent seat now available - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 09-04-2018, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

K1600B Sargent seat now available

I've been waiting a year for the new Sargent seat and riders backrest for my bagger and just ordered both. The seat will be offered in the same 2 heights as the stock seat and both will plug into the stock BMW under seat plug for heat just like stock. Currently only the regular height seat is available and the lower seat will be available soon. They are still working on the passenger backrest and a rack and those 2 items can also be used with the the stock seat. The rider backrest cannot.

They are expensive (seat $789 and riders backrest $350) but the quality, plug and play build, looks and Sargent's typical durability are what you are paying for. Plus a 30 day money back guarantee seals the deal for me. I have the Sargent seat and backrest on my 2014 GT and can ride all day without any soreness.
For full disclosure, I had to work on the backrest for my GT a bit by turning the pad upside down and having my mechanic bend the metal shaft to allow the right angle for me. I also have an Airhawk pad strapped to the seat. Even though it required some additional work to make it perfect it was a lot better than the options I had with the stock seat. Plus now I have some experience on how to modify things if needed and I'm confident I can make the new Sargent seat and backrest for the bagger perfect for me as well. I'm excited! It's been a long year waiting. Now I hope it gets to me by September 21st so I can ride the bagger to the BMW getaway in Tomah Wisconsin. If not, the Gt will be ready to go, but I've been waiting a year to take the bagger on a long trip.
SteveWW likes this.

Last edited by Bigdawg; 09-04-2018 at 12:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-04-2018, 02:52 PM

Garage
Just FYI, received a email notification from Sargent. They are offering 10 percent off on the K1600B seat, backrest and new side splash fill.

The email said they will be offering a passenger backrest and rack for the B as well.

All will be welcomed additions to the K1600B accessories. The more options the better.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
post #3 of 13 Old 09-05-2018, 07:14 PM

Please update when you can. The passenger backrest and rack is all Iím waiting on...

JJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 09-17-2018, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

I received my new Sargent seat and backrest and couldn't be happier with them! I think they look great and really flow with the bike. To me they look better than the stock seat. The comfort is what I was even more pleasantly surprised with. I think Sargent has dramatically improved the comfort of this seat compared to the Sargent I have on my 2014 GT. I rode on the new seat for 250 miles until I stopped for gas without even a hint of discomfort! I think it may be the best seat I've ever had. It plugs right into the B's heat socket and fits the bike perfectly. At first I thought it sat me a little higher than the stock high seat option, but after about 30 miles of break-in it settled to about the same height.

It has completely changed the B for the better. The combination of the comfortable long distance seat, the awesome endlessly adjustable backrest and the B's floorboards make it unbelievably comfortable for putting down some serious highway miles. Finally, after waiting a year for the Sargent seat the B has made it into my motorcycle rotation for long trips and I can't wait to head out to the BMW getaway in Tomah, Wisconsin this coming weekend!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2314.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	121610   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2313.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	121612  
post #5 of 13 Old 09-17-2018, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Sorry, I don't know why the pictures loaded upside down or how to fix it
post #6 of 13 Old 09-17-2018, 07:11 AM

Garage
Looks really nice. Considering they made their own base that fits well to the bike along with a proper seat heater plug, it's a pretty good value.

Really like the backrest as well. Had I not already purchased a RDL seat myself I might have purchased this seat.

Looking forward to their passenger backrest and rack option coming soon.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
post #7 of 13 Old 09-17-2018, 05:43 PM

It is, indeed, a great looking seat and the rider backrest looks better in real life than it does in their promo pics. I’m interested in the Low version of this seat. Has anybody here asked Sargent when that one will be available? I’ve been to busy to call them to ask about it.

Last edited by jlelliott44; 09-17-2018 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #8 of 13 Old 09-17-2018, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlelliott44 View Post
It is, indeed, a great looking seat and the rider backrest looks better in real life than it does in their promo pics. Iím interested in the Low version of this seat. Has anybody here asked Sargent when that one will be available? Iíve been to busy to call them to ask about it.
They have decided not to do the low seat option.
post #9 of 13 Old 09-18-2018, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg View Post
They have decided not to do the low seat option.
Thanks for the information @Bigdawg !
post #10 of 13 Old 09-18-2018, 01:39 PM

How much is the upside right version?

Current bikes

2018 K1600B
2012 Suzuki M109R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page