Ear plugs - Page 5 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 75 Old 05-21-2019, 01:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wschmitt55 View Post
I completely agree. Try them out for 30 days and return if you don't like.

I'm sure there's individual differences in how they fit into ears and the potential helmet irritation I am experiencing. That said, despite my irritation, I have not ridden without them since I got them - they make that much of a difference in cancelling out the wind noise.

I have found that in addition to being really useful on the bike, they are a fun party trick - have people try them on, then hit the 'on' button, and watch their reaction. Very cool technology.

As I said before, easily the best $150 I have spent on my bike, ever.

So here is my little review.

Ordered and they arrived in less than a week which was a pleasant surprise.

Appeared to be in decent shape, the black box was a little grubby and had some dirt stuck in the recessed panels. The part that goes in your ear, thankfully , looked new.

As others have mentioned, the sense of awe when you turn them on is stunning.

Certainly needs a little practice putting a helmet on (in my case a modular) so as not to knock the earbuds out of alignment.

These things absolutely cut wind noise, what feels like 90%. Heck you can hardly even hear the bike running.

But for me they had to go back for two reasons

1) I like the wind in my face (unless its raining) so I generally ride with bike screen in its lowest position and my visor open. At speed this just causes too much popping for me. After a while it gets annoying.

2) They cause too much discomfort after 2-3 hours of use under a helmet. For me, they stick out too much and really began to hurt at hour 4 and 5. Next morning as soon as I put them in, the discomfort started. I did stick with them for two full days of riding (7 hours on day one, around 10 on day two) to see if I would get used to them but ultimately I decided to return them.

If I only ever rode short distances then it would be a no brainer and I certainly recommend trying them out to see if they suit you.

I have returned mine now so it will be interesting to see how smoothly the return process goes.

YMMV
wschmitt55 and J-Luv like this.

2013 Graphite GTL
PDM60
Amber Running Lights
Schroedie roundels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 75 Old 05-22-2019, 11:23 AM

Garage
I too like the Honeywell/Howard Leight MAX. It is the best disposable earplug I have every used. I first tried as a recommendation from the safety colleague at work - we have it for the plant environment, and I liked it very much. It has a rating of 33 db, which is huge, and more importantly, they are very comfortable that you can use it for several hours. On long days though (8 or 10 hours), you can start to feel some discomfort. You can buy it n bulk from Amazon. I used it when travelling with my Triumph Bonneville (no fairing or windscreen) and it blocked wind and turbulence noise very well, to the point of having to set my Cardo volume to the max just to be able to hear music or conversation while on the road. I would take them off every time I would stop for gas to give the ears a little break.
post #43 of 75 Old 09-17-2019, 11:00 PM

Big Ear custom earplugs is what I use. They are pretty good compared to other custom earplugs I've tried. I've also used some disposable earplugs before but I'm good now with my Big Ear custom earplugs.
N8RFASTBACK likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 75 Old 09-18-2019, 08:53 AM

Garage
I bought a pair of Surefire ear plugs at the MOA rally - $15. I modified them when I got home for comfort by cutting off the plastic plug and filing down the hard plastic rim. Keeps out the noise of all my bikes, including the 67 Triumph. Very comfortable. I will be replacing them when I get back in the saddle. I took them out and didn't secure them properly after the accident.

Matt Clark, Bunnlevel, NC
Triumph: '67 Bonneville, '04 Bonneville, '05 Thruxton
BMW: '72 R75/5, '12 K1600 GTL - KIA Drunk Driver
post #45 of 75 Old 10-12-2019, 06:38 PM

I also use the bigear custom plugs. They are worth every dollar and Ill never use foam plugs again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
post #46 of 75 Old 10-12-2019, 09:04 PM

Garage
Audio Ear Plugs

PLUGUP

https://www.plugup.com/custom_made_e...budss_s/73.htm

Highly Recommend!!!

Best,

Doc
post #47 of 75 Old 11-03-2019, 07:51 PM

Garage
I've got a Schuberth C3 Pro which with the SRC system, it can accept a 3.5mm stereo cable.... It looks like the Sensaphonics would support the built in cable....Other than these and their crazy price, are there others out on the market that would have a 3.5 mm stereo cable for in ear audio???

2006 HD Road Glide
2009 Victory Vision Tour Premium
2009 Victory Tour
Future: 2018 BMW K1600GTL???
post #48 of 75 Old 11-03-2019, 07:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe schmoe View Post
I've got a Schuberth C3 Pro which with the SRC system, it can accept a 3.5mm stereo cable.... It looks like the Sensaphonics would support the built in cable....Other than these and their crazy price, are there others out on the market that would have a 3.5 mm stereo cable for in ear audio???

We use these:

https://www.earfuze.com/collections/...cts/fuze-music

They work real well and don't cost 100s of $$...

joe schmoe likes this.

-Stephen! (The rider formerly known as smv)
--
There is NO need to tailgate me when I am doing 50 in a 35 zone... and those flashing lights on top of your car look ridiculous.
post #49 of 75 Old 11-03-2019, 08:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyculb View Post
PLUGUP

https://www.plugup.com/custom_made_e...budss_s/73.htm

Highly Recommend!!!

Best,

Doc
Cheeper & just as good as the Sensaphonic Dual Drives
in my opinion...
post #50 of 75 Old 11-04-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyculb View Post
Cheeper & just as good as the Sensaphonic Dual Drives
in my opinion...
Dollar for dollar Sensaphonics are the worst choice in ear buds. I know of 3 forum members, self included, that 'drank the cool-aid' and wasted $750. 18 months later failure and Sensaphonics wanted $300 to repair. Sensaphonics stated cause of failure, excessive ear oil, was/is total bull$hit.

Duane
garyculb, ryno23 and joe schmoe like this.

Duane: '12 K1600GT/WL EngineBars//Wilbers/VarioLevers/ cbdaneAmber /BajaDesigns LED/PDM60/Remus Headers/GPR Exhaust/BST Carbon Fiber Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page