'19 Lebanon Rally Routes (local) - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 05-06-2019, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Lightbulb '19 Lebanon Rally Routes (local)

(One more, Three falls ride on page 2 of this thread)
I would think there would be an interest, so I put mouse to Base camp. (.gpx) Being local to the area I'd thought (I know, it'll haunt me later) I'd give some of the visitors to our neck of the woods some options/suggestions to ride and explore. All routes start and end at the fairgrounds in Lebanon. Each route is based on a departure of 9am. I made 4 routes and put them to my google drive;

Natchez Trace Route:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TX4...ew?usp=sharing <-- Click for link to .gpx file
This route starts out by hoping on I-40 to get to East Nashville. Leave any sooner and you'll hit traffic. (not to say you won’t at any hour). You'll jump off and hit the two lanes and then pick up the northern most part of Natchez Trace. (the part that actually has curves). Riding it down to Leipers Fork, TN (WARNING: STATE PARK RANGER with NOTHING BETTER TO DO). Once off the trace, you'll meander the back roads and ultimately wind up at Puckett's Restaurant in the town Square of Columbia, TN. for lunch. (it’s in the southeast corner of the building. The sign is hidden by trees. From this point, it’s all two lane back roads back to the rally. 209 Miles 4:15 total time
To - Jack Daniel's Distillery Ride:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gIH...ew?usp=sharing <-- Click for link to .gpx file
This one is simple, takes you out to JD's via two lanes you most likely wouldn't discover. Nothing to brag about, but better than the Interstate. 88 Miles 2:01 Total time.
NOTE: There are several tours. all leave from the main building. it would BEHOOVE YOU to go on-line and purchase tickets before you show up. No cost difference, only you can pick what time you want to start any of the tours. They may be slow, they may have a tour bus full of hardley riders or worse, those GS'ers! Plan ahead! Jack Daniels Site HERE

Once you get into town, don't try to park at the distillery, its gravel. They have a new multi-million-dollar parking lot (on the right, across the street AND ITS FREE! There is a foot bridge leading from the distillery into the town of Lynchburg, tourist crap, food and the "company store". Make sure to stop at the Harley Store (no bikes) to express your admiration for the brand! Depending on the time spent, I did make a route to return to the rally, but you may wish to Slab it back up to Lebanon (you saved your location at the rally in your GPS, right? or...
From - FROM Jack Daniel's Distillery
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S2D...ew?usp=sharing <-- Click for link to .gpx file
More of the same, two lane roads that take you through Shelbyville, Wartrace, Bell Buckle up and over I-24 through MurFREESboro and back into the rally. 90 Miles 1:46 Total Time

Finally, is my favorite of these routes, I play up there often as there are no cops, little traffic and fun little out of the way twisty’s!...

Red Route One: (hint: Red October Movie)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_On...ew?usp=sharing <-- Click for link to .gpx file
Mosey on out of town, NORTH. towards Lafayette, a few good roads, open her up and it will be better. Once in town, you'll be turning right on Red Boiling Hot Springs road. Once you start seeing the yellow directional highway signs (5+ miles down the road), hold on to your britches! once through the mini dragon (really mini) you’re in for some nice sweepers and a road that hugs the countryside. Warning, a few of those blind (what the **** is on the other side of this rock) corners are fairly sharp... Once past beautiful Hull lake, that dumps into the Cumberland River, it’s nothing but well maintained remote two-lane bliss. Eventually, you'll stop for lunch in Cookeville, TN at Crawdaddy's West Side Grill right off the town square. Those that are two up or don’t like to eat are ride a crap load more tight twisty roads or just plain tired from muscling the beast all day, I-40 is just south of the lunch spot, easy return to Lebanon.

For you other miscreants, I have laid out Hwy 290 for you. Be warned, I've ridden with a few crotch rocket types and a few have gone down. No injuries but be mindful of your speed and ride your ride. I don't have a trailer, and the last time a farmer with a tractor pulled the bike up to the road! Once off 290, the road to Granville, TN, is nice, scenic and picturesque even... The road meanders back to Lebanon to end the day on a good note. 202 Miles 4:28 Total ride time
NOTE: I'll be taking my brother from another mother (Hallzee) on RR1, for those that are inclined, we’ll be leaving at 9:30 AM from the Raceway (pure) gas station on Friday.

Hopefully the links work... if not, I'm certain someone will say something. Enjoy the rally, enjoy Tennessee as a 6 years ago, transplant from NorCal, I sure do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	127348  
Hallzee, Prince, mpehl and 2 others like this.

Hoss
'Stupidity has a knack of getting its way.' --Albert Camus
'13 K1600 GTL
MOA, IBA, EXR & RCB and TMI

Last edited by shoswell; 05-06-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 05-06-2019, 03:19 PM

Thank you. I was looking for some suggestions on riding down there. I will likely do the JD route & the Red Route. I spent a couple hours on Natchez Trace a few years ago & that was enough for me.

The links require permission
post #3 of 33 Old 05-06-2019, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJones View Post
The links require permission
Give it another go... Let me know!

Hoss
'13 K1600 GTL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 05-06-2019, 03:51 PM

Garage
Thanks for your time and effort Mr. Showswell, much appreciated!

Bruce Harris, Jr.
Burlington, NC 27215
2014 K1600 GTL/2005 Bushtec, IBA #8757
post #5 of 33 Old 05-06-2019, 04:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceHarrisJr View Post
Thanks for your time and effort Mr. Showswell, much appreciated!
Yes, excellent job (especially for a transplant )!

It may be a few days, but one of my offices is in Lafayette (I cross the very mini dragon twice a day from my home when I go in to that office), and the other in McMinnville, so I plan to give the worst miscreants a "slightly more redder route" involving such twisty locations as North Springs and Whitleyville, (or Willette and Wartrace [the unincorporated one]) to Gainesboro, Nameless, and so on as you head down to Granville and Chesnut Hill, and then further South from McMinnville up to Beersheba Springs, through Altamont, down the mountain by another way to Pelham and back to McMinnville.

If anyone is interested in going all the way down to Chattanooga, you can cross over both mountains between McMinnville and Chattanooga with twisty blacktop and avoid the two major multi-lane highways, I-24 and 111.

The mountain riders who think there's nothing in the area are sorely mistaken.
pkpr1998 likes this.

Joey

2019 K1600GT Option 719 Blue Planet Metallic, Brown Seat, Forged Wheels
2006 K1200S
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
post #6 of 33 Old 05-06-2019, 04:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJones View Post
I spent a couple hours on Natchez Trace a few years ago & that was enough for me.
You are correct, Sir! The Trace is a beautiful yawner of a ride. Lovely scenery, but max lean angle of 2 degrees necessary. But highly recommended for those with a pillion who has an upset stomach.
pkpr1998 likes this.

Joey

2019 K1600GT Option 719 Blue Planet Metallic, Brown Seat, Forged Wheels
2006 K1200S
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
post #7 of 33 Old 05-06-2019, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
@ dobervol

There is just so much one can show to the masses! Didn’t do Chatt or the Dragon, too long of a day for most I’d think. Tried to make a happy medium (200 miles 4-5 hours) for the most appeal. I was down Beersheba Springs/Altamont just yesterday first time, a little rainy and wet so I wasn’t able push it as hard as I would have liked.

Funny, but almost all of those towns on your "slightly more redder route", North Springs, Whitleyville, Willette, Gainesboro (AKA: TN-56), great little road to stretch your legs on! Watch those corners though... and Nameless (TN-290) is fun, assuming the corners are clear of debris. But they are plotted on RR1? Do you not read the information I give? Sheesh!

Dobson Hwy(TN-135) can be fun too, sitting on top of the world for a long time. However, I want to get over to Wilder HWY. The grade up and out of Shiloh is fun for all ages... Assuming its been repaired. The winter rain did a number on it...

To those that have been on the North end of Natchez Trace. May I suggest you “find” the Ranger (there’s only one) and then drop a grear or two. I had the LT wound up in 4th, dropping Crotch rockets in the corners like they were kids on big wheels!

Hoss
'13 K1600 GTL

Last edited by shoswell; 05-06-2019 at 11:49 PM.
post #8 of 33 Old 05-06-2019, 09:10 PM

Garage
If you are down by the JD distillery, there's a little town called Bell Buckle. Has (at least had in 2005) a nice little old fashion ice cream shop.
pkpr1998 likes this.

Matt Clark, Bunnlevel, NC
Triumph: '67 Bonneville, '04 Bonneville, '05 Thruxton
BMW: '72 R75/5, '12 K1600 GTL - KIA Drunk Driver
post #9 of 33 Old 05-06-2019, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyMutt View Post
If you are down by the JD distillery, there's a little town called Bell Buckle. Has (at least had in 2005) a nice little old fashion ice cream shop.
Its still there...
Bluebird Antiques 15 Webb Rd, Bell Buckle, TN 37020 (Neat little shop, the cafe around the corner is good too!) If your taking the route above BACK to the Rally, you'll pass right by it..
pkpr1998 likes this.

Hoss
'13 K1600 GTL
post #10 of 33 Old 05-06-2019, 11:20 PM

Garage
Thank you for your write up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page