I'm Done.. - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 83 Old 05-22-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm Done..

*****WARNING*****

****Profanity laced rant, if your soft.. bail out now****

I just did the last in-home service on my bike. I don't need problems like this in my life.

First off when I pulled the plug from the sump the oil rushed out like it was under pressure. It hit the pan and splashed out in a radius larger than my piece of cardboard I had under the catch pan.. f****n oil all over the place.. I got 4 quarts in the f****n pan and 1 quart on the garage floor. I don't know why, it's never done this before.

Then.. I use the piece of foil under the filter to keep the oil contained while removing the filter. It somehow flowed in behind it and managed to get all over the f****n exhaust.. in my haste I used the seat for balance to get up off the floor.. yup.. I got g******d oil on my Sunbrella Russell seat..

I go to pour the oil from the pan into my recycle jug.. yup, oil all over the place, running down the sides of the f****n jug, wind blowing it all over the place... ****. What kind of azzhole designers these POS pans that won't pour decently? At least I had enough brains to take it out into the dirt.. of the 4 quarts in the pan I managed to get 3 of them in jug, 1 quart in the dirt...

I passed on the rear diff fluid today.. Can you guess why?

Then I spend the next f*****n 2-1/2 hours jacking around with the GS-911 trying to get it to work.. (WiFi connection as I don't have a laptop to plug in direct) I did everything I could to get it to work, no dice. It would connect then disconnect. I would pair it with my phone then it would disconnect. I would pair it with my iPad, same f*****n thing. I updated the firmware.. yea that was a no go as well. If I wasn't partners with Chris on this f*****n thing I would smash it with a hammer, run it over with the neighbors lawn mower then burn what was left of ****-sucker. This thing is a PITFA every time I use it. The last two times I got it to work, not this time. I give up.. I'm just going to keep looking at the service reminder.. I'm so far past giving a chit at this point.

Tomorrow's task is changing the air filter.. I've not personally done it yet so.. any guesses as to how f****n well that's going to go?

Next time this SOB need an oil change someone else is going to do it. I can afford shop labor prices for the once a year I need it done.

Geeezuuzzz I need a f****n vacation.....

Picture included of oil all over the place for full effect..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4D419C0A-597D-4A92-AAA2-381B0D76400A.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	128052  
AZK1600GTL likes this.

Freedom is the miles I'm rollin' on!

I'm ridin' a 2014 K1600 GTL and I am loving every minute of it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 Old 05-22-2019, 06:50 PM

Garage
Try spraying the oil on your seat with some diluted Simple Green, scrub lightly, then rinse with plenty of water.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Darbinco likes this.

2018 K1600 GTL, Option 719 "Sparkling Storm Metallic"
2004 Honda VTX1800 Neo-Retro "Titanium" aka "Pearl Challenger Brown"
post #3 of 83 Old 05-22-2019, 07:07 PM

Garage
Im so sorry u had a craptastic service day!! I quit doing my own service for the most part years ago. Im not good at it or Im just unlucky. Something else breaks about the time Im ready to button up. Never fails. I hope a cold brew and a kind look from your wife helps put the sh*t show behind ya. Sleep well knowing u r not alone!! All the best Darb.

James

18 K16GT Option 719 Blue Planet Metallic with Saddle Brown Seat
IBA # 63673
73? CB125S Torquoise (sold); 76 CR125 Elsinore Red (sold);
83 CB1100F Red White & Black (in a shed); 83 CB1100F Blue White & Red (in a garage);
14 FJR-ES Candy Red (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 83 Old 05-22-2019, 07:49 PM

Garage
Sorry about the crappy day. Exactly why pay the outrageous shop rates where I live. If I was mechanically inclined, I would have done that for a living instead of what I did.

I've read where you're not fond of the Harley / BMW store in your area. Perhaps there's an independent mechanic nearby?

David A.
IBA: 37338
BMWMOA: 139753
2012 GTL Mineral Silver Metallic
post #5 of 83 Old 05-22-2019, 07:52 PM

Sorry for your day, We've all been there! When the Bad JuJu keeps coming just close the door and walk away, chill for the night and start again with a fresh outlook on life the next morning.
post #6 of 83 Old 05-22-2019, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelhobbes View Post
I've read where you're not fond of the Harley / BMW store in your area. Perhaps there's an independent mechanic nearby?
I'd like to think I'm mechanicaly inclined, I work with tools on a daily basis but today I was mechanicaly challenged. If it could have gone wrong, it did.

Im not awful confident in my local shop however I was in there recently and had a chat with what I believe to be a new wrench in the shop. We discussed valve checks, brake flushes and oil changes.. He brought up RL's super plug which I thought was cool and seemed very knowledgeable about the valve checks, he said he's done about 50 of them on K1600's. If I take it in there, I'll ask to have him do the work. Plus.. they quoted me 600 bucks for a valve check which included the plugs, gasket (no oil) and new coolant. I may give them a shot and see if they can recover some reputation with me.

I could trust my Indy guy that does my tires so along as I do the first one with him so he knows about the crankcase plug and final drive fluids etc.. I'd probably just buy him the pre measured final drive fluid from the BMW shop to use. That way I know the correct amount gets installed. The bonus is.. he is 12 miles from my house and the BMW/HD shop is twice that far away. It's easier to get a ride to his place late in the day over the BMW shop.
Yukon_Cornelius likes this.

Freedom is the miles I'm rollin' on!

I'm ridin' a 2014 K1600 GTL and I am loving every minute of it!

Last edited by Darbinco; 05-22-2019 at 08:16 PM.
post #7 of 83 Old 05-22-2019, 08:13 PM

Garage
Dang Darby. I know those effing days.

My tough garage day involves getting something on the seat of my pants, then going inside and sitting on the good couch. When my wife is watching.
Darbinco and bobbyd like this.

John
2018 K1600 GT - Option 719 Blue Planet w/forged wheels

2014 K1600 GTL - Magnesium Beige (past)
post #8 of 83 Old 05-22-2019, 08:14 PM

Garage
Can empathize with your woes sir.

However, for the sake of those of us that have crappy days regularly: Please update us soon on your next project, because I really enjoyed laughing out loud while imaging all that stuff happening to me.

Not to be perverted but: Thank you for making me laugh today.

Much appreciated.
DLL66 likes this.

There is thy gold, worse poison to men's souls,
Doing more murders in this loathsome world,
Than these poor compounds that thou mayst not sell.
I sell thee poison; thou hast sold me none.
post #9 of 83 Old 05-22-2019, 08:16 PM

Darb, I hope you don't have any roof repair or need to use tar anytime soon!
Darbinco likes this.

2014 BMW K1600GTLE EXCLUSIVE
2013 BMW Damask Red K1600GTL -SOLD-
2001 Honda C-250 Helix
Smokin'
post #10 of 83 Old 05-22-2019, 08:28 PM

WOW that's an awful clean garage floor you have, other than the fresh oil.
dhendy and Darbinco like this.

2018 K1600B
2010 DUCATI STREETFIGHTER S 1098
2012 HARLEY STREET GLIDE (FULL CUSTOM) 120R
2001 HONDA CBR 929 (TRACK BIKE)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page