HELD gloves. - Page 3 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 Old 07-12-2019, 12:39 AM

Garage
I exclusively wear Held gloves with the exception on my heated gloves (Warm and Safe) and have for many years. About 3 weeks ago I hit a oil patch on a downhill off camber left and ended up over the handlebars. was wearing Held Titan gloves and though I almost went through the titanium knuckle protection my hands didnt have a scratch on them. Those gloves werent cheap but as I sit here and type with zero issues with my hands they were worth every penny! I bought those gloves over 5 years ago which shows how great Held holds up (pun??)..
no issues buying from FC Moto. I asked Revzilla about lack of Held and they told me that the US importer had lost their license from Held and company was working on an alternative. Could be a while
BMWGuy, av8or and PLAGUE like this.

Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 Old 07-12-2019, 02:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallzee View Post
MotardINN has the hard to find Held Rodneys in stock... at $89! MSRP is $120.

Love my Rodneys - best summer glove I've had in 47 years of riding.
At that price it's almost worth getting a second pair for the closet. Great gloves.
Hallzee likes this.

Freedom is the miles I'm rollin' on!

I'm ridin' a 2014 K1600 GTL and I am loving every minute of it!
post #23 of 32 Old 07-15-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbinco View Post
At that price it's almost worth getting a second pair for the closet. Great gloves.
PROOF that great minds think alike...

My current pair is about 4 years old, and has probably 60,000 miles, and will go another year.

Held gloves are top-notch. With proper treatment (sporadic leather cleanse and treatment once or twice a year) they last and last.

BTW, it's easy to leather treat gloves. I use Skidmore's. Just put the gloves on, get the dollop of Skidmore's on them and act as though you're washing your hands.
BMWGuy likes this.

-Brian
RIP CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga.
MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017; Nashville, 2019
'13 GTL-P Dark Graphite Metallic (3/27/13 Build Date)
IBA #31242 MOA #136148
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 Old 07-15-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
$76 for the brown ones.

Joe

“Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'
post #25 of 32 Old 07-15-2019, 08:57 PM

I've had Held Air Stream II gloves for my wife and myself for a few years now. Great summer gloves with the perforated leather. Almost race glove like protection in a summer glove.

'18 GTL ebony metallic
added: Altrider engine bars, Ilium rear bars, Clearwater Darla and Billie brake lights
post #26 of 32 Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcharlie View Post
I've had Held Air Stream II gloves for my wife and myself for a few years now. Great summer gloves with the perforated leather. Almost race glove like protection in a summer glove.

Thanks again to all who have put effort in here on the HELD brand/various purchasing options other than Revzilla. Putting it all together I'm about to go with the Air Stream II and order from FC Moto. This entire pursuit is a result of purchasing a pair of REV'IT Cayenne (all black) for a recent trip of 4,350 miles where the black suede/nubuck portion of the glove faded enough for Revzilla to step up and warranty the product using the REV'IT warranty (I have $200 credit).

motardinn.com had a nice video on the Air Stream II glove, not my size though, motorcyclegear.com had a nice size chart.

Tom
2018, K1600GT, Mars Red
2015 K1600GT (sold)
2012 K1600GT (sold)
post #27 of 32 Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
...a pair of REV'IT Cayenne (all black) for a recent trip of 4,350 miles where the black suede/nubuck portion of the glove faded enough for Revzilla to step up and warranty the product...
My Held Rodneys faded pretty well too - after about three years. I just used black shoe polish on them, and presto... looked brand new.

-Brian
RIP CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga.
MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017; Nashville, 2019
'13 GTL-P Dark Graphite Metallic (3/27/13 Build Date)
IBA #31242 MOA #136148
post #28 of 32 Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM

Garage
Quote:

The size selection is poor. Many of the gloves I looked at weren't in stock.

Paul
1984 Honda V65 Magna
1985 BMW K100RT
2011 BMW K1600GTL - gone
2018 BMW K1600GTL
post #29 of 32 Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Thanks again to all who have put effort in here on the HELD brand/various purchasing options other than Revzilla. Putting it all together I'm about to go with the Air Stream II and order from FC Moto. This entire pursuit is a result of purchasing a pair of REV'IT Cayenne (all black) for a recent trip of 4,350 miles where the black suede/nubuck portion of the glove faded enough for Revzilla to step up and warranty the product using the REV'IT warranty (I have $200 credit).

motardinn.com had a nice video on the Air Stream II glove, not my size though, motorcyclegear.com had a nice size chart.
Depending on the return policy wherever you get them, you might want to order the size you think you wear and the next size up as well, keeping the ones that fit best. I find they are are little small per listed size. If you are between sizes, go up for sure when you order. You'll love them for warm/hot weather.

'18 GTL ebony metallic
added: Altrider engine bars, Ilium rear bars, Clearwater Darla and Billie brake lights
post #30 of 32 Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM

Bought a pair of HELD summertime II gloves last night for I needed a new pair of summer gloves. Looking forward to getting them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page