HELD gloves. - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 Old 07-10-2019, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

HELD gloves.

Looking at possibly purchasing a pair of HELD gloves. My go to, Revzilla, is out of stock on all of my options. The HELD (USA) website does not seem to let you buy from the site which of course seems strange. If I am wrong, do tell.

FC Moto online has all the HELD gloves available however, never used them, not comfortable because out of country. Anyone with high regard/experience for/with FC Moto?

Bottom line, if you have purchased HELD gloves, do you like them and where did you buy them online or otherwise? TKS!

Tom
2018, K1600GT, Mars Red
2015 K1600GT (sold)
2012 K1600GT (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 07-10-2019, 01:29 PM

Garage
I have a pair of Rodney summer gloves and a pair of Air and Dry and I love. They're pricy, but quality and comfort is top notch. If I remember correctly I ordered a pair from FC Moto and the other pair from Amazon or Ebay. FC Moto is definitely legit....I've ordered other stuff from them before.

Juan
SteveWW likes this.
post #3 of 36 Old 07-10-2019, 01:49 PM

We have a few pair of Held in our household. We’ve found them to be good quality, and worth the $$$. Unfortunately, we’ve purchased all ours from Revzilla, so if they're out, I don’t know where else to send you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 Old 07-10-2019, 01:50 PM

Garage
I have bought from FC Moto and no issues with their service at all. The gloves I have are the BMW branded Held dual gloves. Very good, on my second pair and my wife also has a pair whih she likes a lot.
MikeB60 likes this.
post #5 of 36 Old 07-10-2019, 01:59 PM

Held are the best but it's been years sence I had a pair.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
post #6 of 36 Old 07-10-2019, 02:51 PM

Garage
I have a pair and I really do love them. I have the kangaroo leather. I found them by internet search looking for the specific model after trying on a boat load at a dealer. Can't find my receipt, but I know it wasn't RevZilla.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2018 K1600 GTL
post #7 of 36 Old 07-10-2019, 02:53 PM

Edit: I just received a new pair of Held Satu II gore-Tex rain gloves. Also have Held Air-stream and Steve classics. All were purchased from Revzilla or EBay

2018 K1600GTL
2012 K1600GTL (retired)
2003 K1200LT (retired)

IBA # 35048

Last edited by KayGee; 07-10-2019 at 03:56 PM.
post #8 of 36 Old 07-10-2019, 03:00 PM

Garage
Held make a good product. I have rather large hands and so have tried several manufacturers including Rukka who are supposedly one of the best. Purchased there best Gortex Glove. They leaked from the get go and infuriatingly the lining come out of the glove with your hands and are impossible to get back in. Wrote to them, no reply....needless to say I will never buy there products again.

On the upside some years ago I discovered IXS who I understand are a Swiss manufacturer. The quality is excellent and unlike Rukka their products do what they say on the wrapper. Complimenting a pair of their standard unlined leather gloves I recently purchased https://ixs.com/ixs-handschuhe-arcti...r=X41016-003.8. Superb quality Gortex, very comfortable. The liner stays put and the gauntlet makes a good seal eliminating all the rain and cold air.

I've also tried Klim, they make excellent products. I currently own their Hardanger and a set of mid layers from them to go with it. Their gloves unfortunately are too small.

Good hunting and safe riding.

Tony
Harleymarlboroman likes this.

2018 BMW K1600GTL
post #9 of 36 Old 07-10-2019, 03:16 PM

Garage
I purchased a pair of these https://www.amazon.com/BMW-Genuine-M...%2C186&sr=8-12 at the MOA rally last month for $149. I haven't torture tested them yet but I heard from at least 4 people that have owned them for years who told me they really like them. I'm told they are made by the same place that makes Held's version.
I did wear them in heavy rain for about 1/2 hour and they kept my hands dry and the lining didn't pull out when I removed them. The Kangaroo palm leather dried out fairly quickly after the rain quit. I like the 2 in 1 feature although they are bulky and probably not for hot weather so a 3 season glove.

2016 Glacier Silver/matte blue vinyl wrap GTL
1975 Daytona Orange R90S
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650
IBA#9293 BMWRA#41092 BMWMOA#185857
2004 Red Corvette
2005 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler

Last edited by Arizona Jim; 07-10-2019 at 03:20 PM.
post #10 of 36 Old 07-10-2019, 03:49 PM

I bought mine from F.C. Moto and am very happy.

Joe

“Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

Last edited by BMWGuy; 07-10-2019 at 04:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page