BMW K1600 Forum banner

Sena Remote Bracket

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  StephenV 
#1 ·
I made a post sometime back on a little bracket I made for the Sena Remote Control.

Ive been asked in the past on these and now another member is interested in one. The first one was hand built and I dont want to do that again as I had about 4 hours into it with various hand tools. In short, it was a lot of work!

If I can get enough people interested in one of these, I will take it down to the same metal shop thats now doing my radar detector shelves and have them make a a couple dozen. I will finish and include hardware to mount them. Heres a couple pics of what the shelf looks like.

FYI. Radar Detector Shelf version 2.0 thread is coming shortly.

Thanks
Darb

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Yes, I used velcro. I also used a couple black zip-ties and pulled it down tight.

Yes, the remote most likely will hit a tank bag. I dont use a tank bag so its not an issue for me.

#4 ·
Darby's bracket is great for holding the Sena wrist remote attached with 3m Dual-lock, it looks like an OEM part. But, beware that if you use a tank bag the remote is going to hit during full lock turn and may actuate the remote.

Duane

#6 ·
Talk about buzzkill. Someone tell me how to keep the horn button from hitting my tank bag on full lock steering. Embarrassing.
Best.

#13 ·
Slide it back further. My RKA is nearly sitting on my nutsack now but it no longer hits my horn button, even with jryan's setbaks installed....

#8 ·
Darby, this looks like a great piece of kit, but I don’t think it will fit in that space on the 18 and later models (and perhaps some earlier models), since that’s where the reverse and aux light buttons are now located. For now I still have mine velcroed to the top of the clutch master cylinder.

#11 · (Edited)
Darby, I don’t use Sena communicators, but the bracket that you made would be ideal to hold my remote heatroller for my heated gear. I was all set to be in for two: one, for my K1600 and one for my R1250GS, but neither has bars and grips like yours. Both have switches where you have the bracket bolted down. On my 2015GT, the switch for the OEM aux lights is there. I don’t see a way to mount your bracket on either bike. My loss, for certain.

#12 ·
Len,
I am coming out with a new mounting kit for @Ron Coleman and others who ride newer bikes.. You might find it handy!

(In my best Billy Mays impression)

The new MultiFunction Attachment Kit includes.
4-4" zip ties.
4-12" tip ties
1 -12" strip of sticky back Velcro
1-6" strip of VHB tape
1- small roll duct tape.
4- Heavy duty rubber bands
2- Plastic Bread ties.
2- Twist ties

This mounting kit allows you to attach darn near anything.. any place on the bike in seconds. Its a retail value of $39.95 !!!

If you order in the next 10 minutes its yours for the insanely low price of $19.95

YES JUST 19.95!!!!!!!!!

But wait there more!

If you order in the next 10 minutes we will throw in a second MultiFunction Attachment Kit for free!
*Second MultiFunction Attachment Kit subject to separate shipping and handling fee's, see details below.

The MultiFunction Attachment Kit's are going fast, get yours today, order now before they are gone!

*Second free MultiFunction Attachment Kit subject to shipping and handling charges of $19.95.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.